2022/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022/23

It's okay. We had a real run this season but the last few months -- compared to the first few -- have been horrid tactically, formationally, and motivationally.

Make no changes now. Save it all for the summer. Then consider the following:

(1) MW -- if he refuses to budge from his one style of play, and despite real advances made under him re stability and character, he's gotta go. He's not the answer for a play0ff-calibre team at playoff-chasing time.

(2) The oldies -- Chaz and Stefan are now over the hill; and short of an amazing off-season training regimen there is little hope that will change. Promote Chaz to the front office, and ask him to take an appropriate pay cut. Peddle Stefan to any taker; he's more responsible for our backwards, sideways, plodding style of play than anyone else, and he's consistently overrun by opponents. Like Wallace but at the left side of the backline; he's lost his legs for a left winger role. Keep Albert -- LOVE that dude, and he bleeds for us.

(3) Dieng/Willock -- Hold onto them unless major bids are made -- can build the new team around them, Dunne, Field, a few others

(4) Chair -- this is a tough one -- so much skill, but misses a field general's mentality (head always down; passes too little)

(5) Dykes -- contrary to many, really like this guy and think he has huge upside in the right formation -- pair him with a fast striker and watch out

(6) Amos/Dozzell/Thomas -- Amos still has up potential, unsure re Dozzell, Thomas a spark plug that with a finishing touch could be dangerous -- bring in Battache and Duke-McKenna for real tryouts for regular first team action

(7) Ball/Kakay -- Re-sign Dom for his spirit/drive, 50-50 on replacing Osman whose quality of play has stalled the past season.

(8) Speed -- we are so slow and plodding versus many of the playoff-calibre teams -- recruit speed and pace; it'll inject new life into the squad and more wins into our future.

2021/22 was a roller coaster ride with some incredible highs and forgettable lows. Let's learn from it.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    It's okay. We had a real run this season but the last few months -- compared to the first few -- have been horrid tactically, formationally, and motivationally.

Make no changes now. Save it all for the summer. Then consider the following:

(1) MW -- if he refuses to budge from his one style of play, and despite real advances made under him re stability and character, he's gotta go. He's not the answer for a play0ff-calibre team at playoff-chasing time.

(2) The oldies -- Chaz and Stefan are now over the hill; and short of an amazing off-season training regimen there is little hope that will change. Promote Chaz to the front office, and ask him to take an appropriate pay cut. Peddle Stefan to any taker; he's more responsible for our backwards, sideways, plodding style of play than anyone else, and he's consistently overrun by opponents. Like Wallace but at the left side of the backline; he's lost his legs for a left winger role. Keep Albert -- LOVE that dude, and he bleeds for us.

(3) Dieng/Willock -- Hold onto them unless major bids are made -- can build the new team around them, Dunne, Field, a few others

(4) Chair -- this is a tough one -- so much skill, but misses a field general's mentality (head always down; passes too little)

(5) Dykes -- contrary to many, really like this guy and think he has huge upside in the right formation -- pair him with a fast striker and watch out

(6) Amos/Dozzell/Thomas -- Amos still has up potential, unsure re Dozzell, Thomas a spark plug that with a finishing touch could be dangerous -- bring in Battache and Duke-McKenna for real tryouts for regular first team action

(7) Ball/Kakay -- Re-sign Dom for his spirit/drive, 50-50 on replacing Osman whose quality of play has stalled the past season.

(8) Speed -- we are so slow and plodding versus many of the playoff-calibre teams -- recruit speed and pace; it'll inject new life into the squad and more wins into our future.

2021/22 was a roller coaster ride with some incredible highs and forgettable lows. Let's learn from it.
    After the the Lord Mayors show! Oh & you haven’t put Down the who the next manager is! Tut tut

Comment

Jeff I respect your loyalty towards the manager. I guess we can't sack him after the Fulham game because they're head and shoulders the best side. I think sheff utd away will be bloody tough so I'd probably give him 3 more games
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Jeff I respect your loyalty towards the manager. I guess we can't sack him after the Fulham game because they're head and shoulders the best side. I think sheff utd away will be bloody tough so I'd probably give him 3 more games
        No point getting rid of him now or in 3 games, end of season & see what the board decide, personally I’ll think they keep him on but stranger things have happened

Comment

This season is now gone, anybody who thinks differently is deluded, let him stay to see it out, but I'm still advocating a change in the summer, and I'm still saying Daniel Farke could be a good fit for us, he built a decent team at Norwich for the championship, got them promoted, that's the first step, maybe as a club we are maybe 2 seasons away from being ready for the rigours of the premiership, and yes I have now changed my view on that, I thought we could make a fist of it if we got there next season,, but we are too light in a lot of ways, the squad we have is just not good enough, we have assets we need to try and keep, but I think there will be a big change in personnel in the near future, the manager included, its a shame for him, but it's a brutal business, and he has shown his own limitations.
          He has done what he has thought to be the right thing, but his stubborn streak in sticking with a system that wasn't working and certain players who were clearly constantly under performing, which everybody else could clearly see, is just not tenable going forward.
          it's been a season of some incredible highs and some desperate lows, the high for me personally, because I was there, was the win at home to West Brom , the atmosphere in the stadium that day was absolutely incredible, and when Charlie nodded in that late winner I thought the roof was going to blow off, it really was a day that will live long in the memory for me!!

Comment

Surely it’s first and foremost a case of getting a slice of the Premiership pie to become a yo-yo club first mate.

The Bus stop boys took 3 or 4 seasons of buying and selling well before they were anyway near ready to compete to stay in the Premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
              Surely it’s first and foremost a case of getting a slice of the Premiership pie to become a yo-yo club first mate.

The Bus stop boys took 3 or 4 seasons of buying and selling well before they were anyway near ready to compete to stay in the Premiership.
              Yes getting there and maybe up and down for a couple of seasons is what it's going to take, but getting there in the first place is the priority, to show that we are a club with ambitions, to attract better players and of course the all important money windfall we so desperately need

Comment

Yes, patience y'all

Comment

If people really believe that Willock ,Dykes, Chair Dieng , will be here next year without promotion they are delusional. I also think Dunne & Dickie could be gone too, think the club will accept reasonable offers for any of them

Comment

Next season is a total write-off. We require a mass clearout and re-set. This was our big season - we went into it with momentum and a reasonably settled team but we've royally ballsed it up.

Hoos and Ferdinand have a massive task on their hands this summer in cleaning up Warburton's shambles. If they get it wrong I can see next season being a long relegation battle I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      If people really believe that Willock ,Dykes, Chair Dieng , will be here next year without promotion they are delusional. I also think Dunne & Dickie could be gone too, think the club will accept reasonable offers for any of them
                      No one in the prem will come in for chair. He's not got that extra quality needed to succeed in the prem. Dieng will only go as a back up keeper and no one spends big money on a number 2 especially one of the clubs looking to stay out of the bottom 3. Dykes hasn't proved he can be relied on at this level. He is very hit and miss and again no one in the prem would be offering big money for him to be used as a squad player.

Willock is by far the best player at our club and bids of 15m plus should be considered. Dunne may be sold as he could be a good addition to a team pushing for promotion from the championship. Dickie is okay at this level. Not a hope he gets a move to the prem. Guy is too slow, nowhere near strong enough and doesnt dominate his oppo. Too nice and no edge to him.

Comment

My take on players with expiring contracts in 2022.

Barbet, keep. Delivers and always fit. However, suggestions he wants to return to France. I can see him leaving for personal reasons.

Moses Odubajo, leave. Fitness, misses too many games.

Dom Ball, leave. Not getting in team, plenty of better options under contract.

Albert Adomah, leave. Age against him. Crossing lets him down.

Lee Wallace, leave. Age and fitness. Misses too many games.

David Marshall, leave\keep depending on Dieng remaining.

Kieren Westwood, leave.

Charlie Owens, leave.

Loan Players.

Jeff Hendrick, leave. Not sure why we signed him on loan. Only reason, he was available.

Sam McCallum, leave.

Dion Sanderson, leave.

Andre Gray, leave. Disappointed in him, not enough goals, not enough threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Next season is a total write-off. We require a mass clearout and re-set. This was our big season - we went into it with momentum and a reasonably settled team but we've royally ballsed it up.

Hoos and Ferdinand have a massive task on their hands this summer in cleaning up Warburton's shambles. If they get it wrong I can see next season being a long relegation battle I'm afraid.
                          How the f**k can you say next season is a write off when we don’t know what is happening with players & manager

Comment

Next season isnt a write off but I'm expecting a lot of players leaving and joining. I can't see beyond mid-table and if we can get top 10 that would be great. This season was the moment and next season will be the start of a new team build so.my expectations are limited.

Comment

Yes and they moved on from Warburton

Comment

Working...
                              X