On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

I accept we lost to a better team, what I cannot except is the way a ref can decide a game with a dreadful penalty decision, what is Wallace meant to do with his arms, chop the ####er off. Ref killed the game, not saying we were going nick a point but at 2-0 that’s it.
    We have major problems ATM, we are slow and ponderous, have absolutely nothing up front, Johansen is now a liability and Sanderson is just not worth playing. The only shining light today was Thomas who is limited but ran himself to a standstill, bloke deserves credit for not giving up.
    Now need a major overall and not sure if Warburton is the man, he is very one dimensional and i believe January’s transfer window was a disaster, this year looks like being a wasted opportunity to be top 6.

Fulham fans are cocky #######s but they will again struggle in the Prem.

Important decisions need to be made by the board as we are drifting without a sail into mid table obscurity.

Nothing will happen until the end of the season. I expect him to go to be honest. His lack of killer instinct in the Jan window may well cost him his job. We needed a forward. He wanted hendrick. Enough said. Look at the options for today. Dykes is half fit. Thomas doesn't have the quality we needed to kick on. Don't get me started on our captain. Waste of space that guy this season. Dropping dunne today was a big mistake. Sanderson was rewarded for a shocking performance v posh with another start just cos he on loan from a premier league club. That's terrible.

Comment

I did think it was a slightly better performance today, the result was as to be expected, their first goal developed right in front of where I was in the ground and you could see it coming a mile off, can't really comment on the penalty as it was too far away, but the ref did not seem convinced until their fans and players made a fuss, agree about Thomas he gave it everything today, he's a player I do like, good attitude and effort every time he plays, but overall nothing has changed much in the last couple of weeks, we are not in a good place and won't be this season now for sure

Comment

We were never in it , a couple of chances fell to George In the 1st half but toothless in the 2nd. Johansen gets worse every game the fella can't run . Will watch the penalty award later , looked dubious . Ref was very poor , let loads of fouls on us go . We are so slow in our build up , predictable and careless . Moses and Wallace lack any quality deliveries and our midfield is slow and obvious and.lack any real oomph without willock .

Comment

Penalty video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1510280182711697409

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Borderline penalty, but the ball does seem to hit him on the forearm and he almost leaves a straight forearm when a natural movement of the arm should have meant it could have been higher. I can understand why the ref have it.

A penalty kick is awarded if a player commits a direct free kick offence inside their penalty area or off the field as part of play as outlined in Laws 12 and 13.

Law 12:

HANDLING THE BALL

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player:
            • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
            https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...e-penalty-kick

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...and-misconduct

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              We were never in it , a couple of chances fell to George In the 1st half but toothless in the 2nd. Johansen gets worse every game the fella can't run . Will watch the penalty award later , looked dubious . Ref was very poor , let loads of fouls on us go . We are so slow in our build up , predictable and careless . Moses and Wallace lack any quality deliveries and our midfield is slow and obvious and.lack any real oomph without willock .
              It`s an Injury. But why pick him when he is injured?

QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

The first half was competitive, the second not.

The ref completely ended the game for us; a disgrace.

Stefan and Charlie have nothing left in the tank; serious liabilities given they are signed for another season. Both should be pawned off if possible.

Dunne is our rock on defense. Another example of poor team selection that’s a staple of MW’s reign.

The season while frustrating has been entertaining. The playoffs push is over.

Time (again) to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

It`s an Injury. But why pick him when he is injured?
                  Give over. Every time he plays badly people say he is carrying an injury. He’s apparently been injured all season, but still has managed to play 32 games. Wake up and smell the coffee. He’s half arsed and has been an awful signing. Work rate stinks. Robbing a huge salary off the club.

Comment

Don't see the point of dumping him now unless they are bringing someone in so that he can see what he needs for the last few games, pointless promoting someone till the end of season if the rumours are true.
                    If he is staying someone needs to tell him you need to change the system and stop making all these changes every game.
                    When we were winning we kept to the same team barring injuries.

Comment

Johansen certainly hasn’t played the same as he did whilst on loan and looking to earn a contract.

As for the game, we were never in it and the starting lineup and formation were wrong. The more annoying thing about that was that Warburton waited until the 70th minute to make any changes (although they changed bugger all.

Warburton has stuck with the same formation with one striker all season even though it has not been anywhere near as effective as the 5-3-2 we played in the 2nd half of last season. We were doing ok with it earlier this season but it has clearly not worked since February when we have won just 2 out of 11 games and failed to score in a number of those and only 2 in 3 of those.
                      What is it that he cannot see that we can?

Thomas put in a lot of effort but at the moment he just reminds me of Mackie. Maybe he will get better at finishing off his chances (I think he has missed at least 7 since the Stoke game).

I couldn’t understand why Dunne and Adomah were dropped whilst Sanderson and Odebajo played. Sanderson was dreadful against Peterborough and the latter offers very little going forward, especially down the right.

I also thought McCallum should have started as he wasn’t to blame for any of the Peterborough goals in the previous game.

Whether it is now or the end of the season Warburton needs to go. We have gone backwards in 2022 and he is not developing any of our young players by sending them out on loan to struggling clubs.
                      Masterson is a prime example as he played better than Sanderson has when he was in the team, yet has been loaned out to make space for the latter.

The ref was a joke. An early example was how he did nothing when Mitrovic was shouting about the decisions that went against him twice in the first 4 minutes yet he booked Barbet in the 2nd half when he did the same after being blocked off when trying a one two near the Fulham area.

Comment

Working...
                      X