Next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season

Assuming we don't go up this year will we be in the same situation next year in that we have next to zero budget and exactly zero ambition to do anything more than try to avoid relegation. I admire what the team has achieved overall so far this season, we are still 6th out of 24 teams with one of the lowest budgets despite the recent poor form but will we ever be in a position to invest the kind of money that was needed in the January window to actually push for promotion? I appreciate that the story goes that money was available in January but Warbs didn't want a striker....not sure I believe that if I'm honest.

So you presume Sir Les is lying? Just a question.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

We have some decent players. A competent manager should be able to do alright with them. I'm quite excited about next season (as long as Warbs is out of the equation).

Comment

Yeah look this should be a positive thread not a bashing one, lots to do for next year and we have some good players in good positions. If we can hang onto the keys ones and add to them, while learning from what we lacked this year, we have a much much better shot of promotion and also a much better shot of staying up.

An absolute key factor is of course, is Warbs the man to do it. I'm now thinking not but would like to be wrong, the first half and team selection last night showed what is possible with a bit of brain effort, change the formation and he's there.

The club has made significant strides in the last few years, no reason to suggest that won't continue.

We do not need massive funds. It can be done on a budget. Our best players were acquired for naff all. Our poorest players are on the highest wages and cost the most.

Comment

Next season will all hinge of what players we sell, how much that brings in and how much is available after paying off this seasons overspend.

We need to sell before contracts run down too much.

There'll be a massive overhauovin the squad I think. At least five new starters........

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            Next season will all hinge of what players we sell, how much that brings in and how much is available after paying off this seasons overspend.

We need to sell before contracts run down too much.

There'll be a massive overhauovin the squad I think. At least five new starters........
            Need to find some pace in three positions cb, cf and cm
            two full backs I can see Dieng and possibly willock going to finance mediocre buys. Austin imo should only be a sub and if somebody buys dykes if possible promote a youth player and buy/loan a striker

Comment

Unfortunately I think our squad will need a lot of work in the summer and as arguably none of our big hitters have really kicked on this season I can't see any big transfers to pay for an overhaul. Need wingbacks on both sides, an extra winger or two as way too reliant on Willock. Strikers have struggled to say the least so I would say at least one permanent striker and a loan one. More cover in the centre of defence. We have lots of central midfielders but not overly convinced with what we have at present.

If we get some reasonable freebies not impossible. Look how well Dunne has done this season for example. Any number of players in that position in the Premiership. Maybe look abroad a bit. If we do sell one or two they will need replacing but will give us some money.

We can continue to improve and just need to maintain focus on buying clever.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Need to find some pace in three positions cb, cf and cm
                two full backs I can see Dieng and possibly willock going to finance mediocre buys. Austin imo should only be a sub and if somebody buys dykes if possible promote a youth player and buy/loan a striker
                Willock, Dickie and Dieng will definitely be sold. Wallace wont get renewed and Moses will get another year to be back up hopefully. Austin should retire and not take up his second year. I like Gray of late but doubt we can afford him on a perm. It's all about money and no surprise last summer that the players we really wanted went to other clubs who offered more money.

Cashing in on players whilst staying a top 10 club in the championship is good enough for me. My ambitions are quite modest for little ol' QPR.

Comment

My ambitions for QPR is Premiership and to reach that goal the recruitment team need to bring in a new manager and sort out potential new players already now.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Willock, Dickie and Dieng will definitely be sold. Wallace wont get renewed and Moses will get another year to be back up hopefully. Austin should retire and not take up his second year. I like Gray of late but doubt we can afford him on a perm. It's all about money and no surprise last summer that the players we really wanted went to other clubs who offered more money.

Cashing in on players whilst staying a top 10 club in the championship is good enough for me. My ambitions are quite modest for little ol' QPR.
                    I’m certain your ambitions would change if it were YOU who had to dip into your pocket for £1.5m every month just to keep the club afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

I’m certain your ambitions would change if it were YOU who had to dip into your pocket for £1.5m every month just to keep the club afloat.
                      Absolutely. But I wouldnt buy a football club with the aim to make money out of it.

Comment

Apart from strikers, a CB with pace should be very high on the club`s wish list for next season.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X