Fulham (H)
    Sheff Utd (A)
    Preston (A)
    Huddersfield (A)
    Derby (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Sheff Utd (H)
    Swansea (A)

Only 4 home games and 6 away - will that be critical?

Both Sheff Utd games will be hard, Fulham, Forest, Huddersfield....

Hopefully we can get 6th but cant see us higher than that with those fixtures.

We didn't take advantage of some winnable games( on paper ) Millwall Barnsley etc, no disrespect to those teams, so we now have to do it the hard way, be it home or away, good start of it against Luton, but it's going to be a mountain to climb, not insurmountable, but very very difficult

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
      We didn't take advantage of some winnable games( on paper ) Millwall Barnsley etc, no disrespect to those teams, so we now have to do it the hard way, be it home or away, good start of it against Luton, but it's going to be a mountain to climb, not insurmountable, but very very difficult
      Hopefully Stoke and Swansea will be comfortable in mid-table with nothing to play for. I cant see Derby being relegated with four games to play so that will be another tough game to add to the list.

We're in fourth and that's great but as you say, it's a hard run in to stay there.

Comment

We’ve shown we can be a match for anybody…the 3 away matches at Sheff U, Preston and Huddersfield will be key

Comment

There are no key matches. 6 wins would almost certainly see us in top 6... it doesn't really matter where they come or who against.

I'd like to still be in contention when we go to Stoke. I've wanted to go there with a big following for ages, some locals I have a bone to pick with y'see

Comment

Forest (A) - 0
            Peterborough (H) - 3
            Fulham (H) - 3
            Sheff Utd (A) - 0
            Preston (A) - 1
            Huddersfield (A) - 0
            Derby (H) - 3
            Stoke (A) - 1
            Sheff Utd (H) - 3
            Swansea (A) - 1

15 points realistic here? Is 15 points enough, giving us 74 in total?

Comment

Think that little run of 4 games below may well shape where we end up if we get nothing out of these we'll struggle
              Fulham (H)
              Sheff Utd (A)
              Preston (A)
              Huddersfield (A)

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                Think that little run of 4 games below may well shape where we end up if we get nothing out of these we'll struggle
                Fulham (H)
                Sheff Utd (A)
                Preston (A)
                Huddersfield (A)
                Agreed, quite easily 0-2 points only there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure off top of my head that last season we won the last 5 games. Obviously they were dead rubbers and there's a world of difference between winning a game with nothing riding on it to winning a game where every point is vital.

Anyway, my point is that it ain't over til it's over and I suspect that not winning any of next 5 games wouldn't mathematically rule us out of things. But at that stage, you'd have to wonder how a team with only 2 wins from a dozen games could suddenly then win several pressure cooker games on the spin.

One thing, prior to yesterday Luton were above Forest in the table and above Forest in current form table going back 6 and 10 games. Luton were basically a stiffer test than Forest whatever way you cut the cake. Winning at Kenilworth Rd should be taken as a strong indicator we can get something at Forest on Wednesday. We could then build some momentum and belief for remaining games.

Comment

Any result is possible in each of our last 10 games as our last 10 games have shown. We must be just about the most unpredictable side in the league, it’s going to be tight.

Comment

the thing to take into account is some teams (hopefully not us) will fall away as each couple of games pass - one of the benefits of playing others in the same position with us is the points swing seems bigger - look at yesterday.

I also think we have struggled this season against teams we are expected to beat.

As none of the teams in positions 2 - 10 are in that good form it really is anyones at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        Forest (A) - 0
                        Peterborough (H) - 3
                        Fulham (H) - 3
                        Sheff Utd (A) - 0
                        Preston (A) - 1
                        Huddersfield (A) - 0
                        Derby (H) - 3
                        Stoke (A) - 1
                        Sheff Utd (H) - 3
                        Swansea (A) - 1

15 points realistic here? Is 15 points enough, giving us 74 in total?
                        Points to make 6th place over the last 7 seasons

20/21 - 77pts
                        19/20 - 70pts
                        18/19 - 74pts
                        17/18 - 75pts
                        16/17 - 80pts
                        15/16 - 74pts
                        14/15 - 78pts

There a spread of 10pts between 70-80 with the average 75pts.

On average your 74pts would only make it in 3 out of the last 7 seasons.

I think a home win to Fulham is s tad optimistic! I'd go for

DWLLDLWWDW - Still 15pts to 74pt finish

Comment

Que sera sera,we have seen anyone can beat anyone this season what will be will be

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            the thing to take into account is some teams (hopefully not us) will fall away as each couple of games pass - one of the benefits of playing others in the same position with us is the points swing seems bigger - look at yesterday.

I also think we have struggled this season against teams we are expected to beat.

As none of the teams in positions 2 - 10 are in that good form it really is anyones at the moment.

Falling away isn't some random factor though. Its about having the resilience and strength of character to perform under intense pressure to get a result. Teams that don't have that mental toughness will wilt and fall away.

One thing that I thought was impressive yesterday was how we calmly closed the game out. There were still 12 minutes to navigate when we went ahead but I don't recall Luton troubling us at all, we retained possession, killed the game and wound down the clock very professionally.

If we can apply that sort of collective calmness and focus to remaining fixtures we should be able to pick up wins.

Comment

Forest have been unbeaten for 8 games

Comment

Working...
                              X