X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbs

Too nice. Too considered??

I don’t see the killer instinct in him.

If I was a player, would I dread going into the dressing room after a defeat or having played badly - I’m not sure?

Want to see a ruthless Warbs for our last 12 games

You don't need to be a hardass. Players thrive off of confidence not fear.

Comment

I'm sure behind closed doors plenty has been said between players and manager, publicly it's pretty rare for a manager to criticize his players openly, those that have gone down that route have seldom lasted long in the job afterwards, it's a tough time for players and manager at the moment, but you never find out anything about yourself when times are easy, I'm sure they are are all doing what they can to rectify the situation.
      We fans get frustrated when things are so obviously not going well, and we have a right to ask questions, but none of us are privy to the inner goings on in the camp, and maybe we are a little too quick to have a go, I'm guilty of that as much as anybody, buts it's borne out of frustration more than anything, this season may well die out for us, or it could turn around again, nobody can assume this will happen or that will happen, so it's just a case of buckle up, and try to enjoy the ride

Comment

I'd be interested to hear the current views of those that claimed Warbs was "good at developing (young) players" when I first suggested he was a mediocre manager.

I was baffled at how anyone had arrived at such a cobblers notion, maybe they were confusing playing "kids" like Kakay or Hammaleinen out of necessity with coaching/developing a player?

Anyway, here we are well into Warburton's tenure and by my mind he has wrecked the careers of Kakay, Hammeleinen, Masterson and Dickie and turned Chair into an ineffective frustrating non-player. Even seasoned pros like Uncle, Austin and Stef seem to be going backwards.

I do not think we have a single player you can seriously point a finger at and say Wow! That player has really kicked on under Warbs' tutelage. As I say above, I think the reverse is true.

My opinion is Warburton has been provided with a good selection of players via our u23 set-up and the DOF'S canny work and he has applied a reverse midas touch to them and turned them into plodders. He is NOT a developer of players, I'm just not having it if anyone suggests otherwise.

Comment

Your not a fan of MW then mate, that post was a bit ambiguous, not sure where you are coming from there?
          ok Einstein, throw me a name of any manager who you think would have the job for 10 years and move the club and the team on?
          ​​​​​​​I'm not really having a pop at you mate, but I hear people say warbs this and warbs that, running the bloke down, and yes at times he deserves it, I've been in the line to have a pop at him at times, BUT at the moment, PEP and JURGEN have got jobs, so who would you personally like to see as the manager of Queens Park Rangers FC ?

Comment

Working...
          X