No announcement yet.

Why was Charlie not in the squad today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Charlie not in the squad today?

Why was Austin missing today? We lacked a target player today.

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post
    Why was Austin missing today? We lacked a target player today.
    I was wondering that when I saw the team sheet. We could certainly have done with having him come on after they scored. Although we had already made 3 changes by then.

Comment

Have a feeling Austin and Warburton are not the best of friends. I think Austin will be gone in the summer.

Comment

His wife has covid. So self isolating

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Thanks.

Comment

Like he would have made any difference, get real folks !
            we keep coming back to the "Charlie " question, the man is shot to pieces, too unfit, too overweight, too slow, bad attitude, but will always be a legend at the club, time to call it a day in my opinion, he is someone who could be a disruptive influence at times, I think.
            he can also help the younger players if his mind is right. But as a good player, no, not anymore I'm afraid, just my humble opinion, I know he still has his champions on here

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Self isolating is no longer a requirement as of last Thursday. He should be in the squad and passing on this light cold to helping others get natural antibodies.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                Like he would have made any difference, get real folks !
                we keep coming back to the "Charlie " question, the man is shot to pieces, too unfit, too overweight, too slow, bad attitude, but will always be a legend at the club, time to call it a day in my opinion, he is someone who could be a disruptive influence at times, I think.
                he can also help the younger players if his mind is right. But as a good player, no, not anymore I'm afraid, just my humble opinion, I know he still has his champions on here
                It’s clearly true that he is not fit for 90 mins, but I disagree that he is done. By I still think as a late sub he offers more than Gray who missed 2 chances.

The main problem for me is the lack of attacking football and service to the attackers. We play way too much passing the ball backwards and sideways in our own half.

Comment

According to MW Charlie missed yesterdays game due to a knock

Comment

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post
                    Have a feeling Austin and Warburton are not the best of friends. I think Austin will be gone in the summer.
                    I'm sorry to say this but it would be absolutely no loss.

Love the man but he's a crock now. No pace, urgency, lack of fitness and mobility and not to mention a drain on wages.

A legend for us in times gone by but just not up to the rigors of this level any more.

Would make a good coach I'd say but as for playing time, It's a no from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

I'm sorry to say this but it would be absolutely no loss.

Love the man but he's a crock now. No pace, urgency, lack of fitness and mobility and not to mention a drain on wages.

A legend for us in times gone by but just not up to the rigors of this level any more.

Would make a good coach I'd say but as for playing time, It's a no from me.
                      I think Austin will retire at the end of the season tbh, it does feel like it is coming.

I think offering him a Coaching role within the club, perhaps with the U18s would be a good idea now.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I think Austin will retire at the end of the season tbh, it does feel like it is coming.

I think offering him a Coaching role within the club, perhaps with the U18s would be a good idea now.
                        I too feel younger players could learn a lot from Charlie's experience, but if he and MW are not best buddies, how would that sit in the club?

Comment

Judging by his social media Austin appears to have been absorbed and overwhelmed by the imminent whelping of his mutt these past few days.

As for using Chaz as a mentor to young players I think there are better role models out there - Chaz is too lairy and prone to indiscipline and petulance in my view. I'm not knocking him, some players need to have that fire in their belly and play on the edge/limit of the rules to perform and it does mostly works for Austin. I just don't see that particular mindset/approach as the optimum trait to pass on to developing young players.

Comment

I thought he was up front at Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              Chaz is too lairy and prone to indiscipline and petulance in my view.
                              What makes you say that out of interest?

I've only ever got the impression from what I've seen & heard is that he's great around the place and lifts players.

He's chirpy on the pitch and so he should be. We are lacking vocal leaders.

Comment

Working...
                              X