Blackpool, Make or Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool, Make or Break

Next game up, Blackpool I have often said that one game doesn't define a season, and I believe that, but considering this one is coming up at this time, on this run we are on, I think this one could really be the defining game of the season, a win will give us a boost, but will it be enough of a boost..........
    Thoughts ???

Only change will be dykes for austin unfortunately. Willock was struggling at the end though! Wish we would start 2 up top and get 2 wingers on the pitch!!

Comment

Like you said, no game is a defining game. We could limp on for the rest of February and then find form , we could click with Blackpool and be filled with hope that evaporates.

This is QPR, we are QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Like you said, no game is the defining game. We could limp on for the rest of February and then find form , we could click with Blackpool and be with hope that evaporates.

This is QPR, we are QPR.
        We can't afford to limp on for the rest of the month, the whole thing could be gone by then, 2 points from the last 4 games, absolutely diabolical.
        I just think another defeat and poor performance, and the wheels will well and truly fall off, yes there's always a chance that we may come again, but the games are coming thick and fast and if things don't get better real quick, starting with Blackpool, any chance of even making the play offs wil be gone

Comment

Last 6 games form table, we are 16 th with 6 points, a point a game is great if you are fighting relegation, but if there is any ambition to get promoted it's b loody terrible

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
            Last 6 games form table, we are 16 th with 6 points, a point a game is great if you are fighting relegation, but if there is any ambition to get promoted it's b loody terrible
            With two of our rivals Blackburn and WBA at 20th and 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

With two of our rivals Blackburn and WBA at 20th and 21st.
              That's a small thing in our favour, granted, but we can only put our own house in order

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                Only change will be dykes for austin unfortunately. Willock was struggling at the end though! Wish we would start 2 up top and get 2 wingers on the pitch!!
                lets go full man city and play a false 9 - George Thomas - cometh the hour cometh the man! !

Comment

It will be same back 3 as Sat;
                  2 of 3 in the WB role from Uncs, Wallace (if fit?) and Adubajo;
                  Field and Hendrick CMF;
                  Chair and Willock (if fit?) in behind Dykes (if fit?) or Austin or Gray - depending on which ate the most biscuits/pies thd night before!

Samd old, same old…65% possession (60 of it played between thd 3 CBs!
                  Crosses from thd WB area underhit or overshot all game;
                  Very little forward effort from thd CMF to run in behind;
                  Chair shooting from everywhere, generally being greedy all game and slowing our forward approach play down;
                  Willock being too heavily relied upon all game by all the other players (opposition teams realise this that’s why they have 2 players around him when he gets the ball as he’s our only decent offensive option that will hurt them!)
                  Then 1 up front from whoever you pick, it doesn’t matter as none of them get the right service anyway! Dykes best option as he at least puts some effort in and can run the channels, unlike Charlie who is shot and Gray who simply can’t be arsed!

Blackpool to win 0-1, with a breakaway goal and let us have majority possession then hit us with a sucker punch counter attack! Sound familiar?

Comment

Weve over achieved in a very ordinary championship . We are finding it hard to find that bit extra to kick on . Hull were the worst team we've played at home in ages and we couldn't break them down . Can't say I've seen much of Blackpool but on paper it's a winnable game . If we play the same way as in recent weeks we will lose . Austin has gone shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st 11 , the messing about at the back has to stop . Possession doesn't win games , getting the ball forward quickly and feeding the strikers gives us a better chance of goals.. this team needs to believe... I don't see it of late

Comment

Could struggle to put out an offensive team given that the injuries are mounting up;

Dykes having a scan so no chance he’ll play
                      Willock limping heavily so can’t see him being risked
                      Mccalum playing for U23’s again so he won’t play
                      Wallace unlikely to feature

I reckon the changes to the team will be Moses for Willock and possibly Gray for Charlie given his poor performance and unnecessary abuse he’s been getting. I also reckon Stef will be recalled for Amos

Dieng
                      Albert
                      Dunne
                      Sanderson
                      Barbet
                      Moses
                      Hendrik
                      Stef
                      Field
                      Chair
                      Gray

Subs

Marshall
                      Amos
                      Thomas
                      Charlie
                      Dozzell
                      Kakay
                      Ball

Comment

The form table changes quickly.

This is what it looked like prior to the Barnsley fixture:

Screenshot_20220209-223504-01.jpeg
                        Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                          Could struggle to put out an offensive team given that the injuries are mounting up;

Dykes having a scan so no chance he’ll play
                          Willock limping heavily so can’t see him being risked
                          Mccalum playing for U23’s again so he won’t play
                          Wallace unlikely to feature

I reckon the changes to the team will be Moses for Willock and possibly Gray for Charlie given his poor performance and unnecessary abuse he’s been getting. I also reckon Stef will be recalled for Amos

Dieng
                          Albert
                          Dunne
                          Sanderson
                          Barbet
                          Moses
                          Hendrik
                          Stef
                          Field
                          Chair
                          Gray

Subs

Marshall
                          Amos
                          Thomas
                          Charlie
                          Dozzell
                          Kakay
                          Ball

Mate, Charlie will always be a legend at QPR, but to say that the "abuse" he is getting is unnecessary is a very blinkered view to take, he is too slow, overweight and unfit, these are facts not "abuse", if there was no offside rule he would be useful, standing in the 6 yard box for 90 mins, outside of that, and it does pain me to say it, he is just dead weight that this team at this time cannot afford to carry, if he scores a hatrick against Blackpool, nobody would be happier than me, but it's not going to happen

Comment

Mate, Charlie will always be a legend at QPR, but to say that the "abuse" he is getting is unnecessary is a very blinkered view to take, he is too slow, overweight and unfit, these are facts not "abuse", if there was no offside rule he would be useful, standing in the 6 yard box for 90 mins, outside of that, and it does pain me to say it, he is just dead weight that this team at this time cannot afford to carry, if he scores a hatrick against Blackpool, nobody would be happier than me, but it's not going to happen
                            Understood mate but I’m more referring to the abuse to his wife and kids etc.

Chaz is struggling, no doubt and that’s why I would start Gray on Wednesday

There’s a fine line between constructive and destructive criticism

The boys are trying but it’s not happening at the moment

I just think we all need to get behind them, that’s all

Comment

I agree mate, I'm sorry I wasn't aware of the abuse to Chas's family, that is not acceptable in any circumstance, I really really want to be able to cheer to the rafters for this team, and I will do that in the stadium for the 3 games I will be going to before the end of the season, but they need to give us something to cheer about, things may change and turn around again, but I think we are all struggling to see when and how

Comment

Working...
                              X