Shocking January window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking January window

Why on Earth the owners did not go out and get two more attack minded players in January is a disgrace considering the position we are in. If I was an a opposition team apart from Willock and chair I wouldn’t be worried about our attack.
    probably the best chance in years we’ve had of going up , and we have to rely on austin who’s past it , dykes who blows hot and cold and gray who might as well not turn up.

It does make you wonder. A quality forward may be the difference between 7th and a play off pay day. Hard to believe we wouldn’t have made the money back.

Hendrick seems no better and no different to what we already have. I am sure he will get better but he looked painfully ordinary today. When you compare our business to what Barnsley did ...

Also can’t understand Sanderson sitting on the bench when our back three are painfully short of a ball player. All very strange.

Comment

I'm sorry but I think we have a decent squad all things considered.

Anyway, we can't do anything about it now so we need to focus on what we can do with what we've got.

I'm badly struggling to come to terms with what Warburton is trying to achieve by sending out a team to play passively, conservatively and cautiously. I'm also getting fed up with 3 CBs - there's too much peeing about with ball along the back 5 which allows opposition to amble back into a solid defensive shape anytime we have the ball.

Comment

We didn't do enough in the window, terrible today, hard to be objective when you come off a result like that, I think it needs 24 hrs to mull it over

Comment

You can see why they wanted Patterson from Swansea. A real struggle to create anything.

Comment

Name me the players who were available, within budget (contribution no more than £12k a week) and better than we have?

Comment

A quality forward... like, er, who ?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                You can see why they wanted Patterson from Swansea. A real struggle to create anything.
                They couldn’t have wanted him that much as they didn’t agree a fee to buy him.

Instead we brought in Hendrick (he’s not bad but not an attacker) on loan as if he would make our attack better.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Name me the players who were available, within budget (contribution no more than £12k a week) and better than we have?
                  Sorry, but that’s not really for us to answer, it’s why we have a DoF and scouts. I’m sure there are players home or abroad that could have been scouted and been better options than some of our squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
                    The one that scored for Barnsley?

Comment

Lyle Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
                        Josh maja would have been a good addition. When you look at the goals he scored for Sunderland he was pretty much doing it all on his own. Getting the ball outside the box, turning his man, running straight at goal, has pace and blasts the ball past the keeper. He rarely has any crosses coming in the box and mainly scored from dropping deep and going alone. None of our forwards can run with the ball, let alone get a shot away!!

Comment

We’ve got to put up with what we got & move on, squad is good enough to stay in top 6

Comment

Plenty of young up and coming talent in league 1 and 2 smashing the goals in for their respective clubs, they wouldn’t have broke the bank would they? Players like that would jump at the chance of Championship football. It is the QPR way, find talent from lower leagues with potential then develop them to bring that talent out. It hurts to see us play such labouring, ponderously slow football. We have zero pace in the side either, this has to be addressed pre season. No disrespect to Charlie or Gray, but neither of them will run the channels for you and Dykes cannot do it all on his own! Changes must be made for Tues. Might upset some, but I’d like to see Dunne rested and Sanderson given a go at the back, but we must play forward more and with a quicker tempo and intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                              We’ve got to put up with what we got & move on, squad is good enough to stay in top 6
                              Good point Jeff,important for us fans to stay onside whatever happens come the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X