Starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting 11

What's our best starting 11 once Dieng is back? I think Marshall will keep his place, can Chair, Willock and Hendrick play in the same 11?....does Sanderson provide cover for the current 3 cbs, start ahead of one or do we rotate the 4 of them? Will McCallum be back soon?....best starting 11 v Middlesboro, what do you reckon?

Wouldn't try and pick , good options tho

Comment

Tough one but I think the 11 who started v Reading should start again v Middlesbrough

I would expect the following, if fit, to start v Peterborough

Moses
      Sanderson (don’t think he’s cup tied?)
      Mccalum

Chair
      Hendrik
      Dozzel

Austin

My guess is that the other 4 to start in this game will be

Marshall
      Dunne
      Barbet
      Thomas or Ball

On the bench

Thomas or Ball
      Dykes
      Albert
      Dickie
      Amos
      Kakay
      Walsh

Won’t feature at all/rested

Wallace
      Stef
      Willock
      Field
      Gray - away
      Dieng - away

Comment

Just heard the interview with Warbs on Twitter. Mccalum won’t be ready on Saturday or against Middlesbrough

Will play a b game next week

Comment

Starting 11 for Middlesbrough should be the same as it was for Reading in my opinion.

for Peterborough, I would bring Sanderson in for Dickie (Barbet would like to keep his ever present status), Chair for Willock , Austin for Dykes and maybe Hendrick for Johansen.
          Another maybe is Odebajo for either Adomah or Wallace. I’m not sure about Kakay for Adomah , but could try him out.

Comment

Going forward this should be our match day line up!

Dieng

Wallace
            Barbet
            Dunne
            Dickie
            Adomah

Johannson
            Field
            Chair

Willock
            Dykes

Subs

Marshall
            odebajo
            sanderson
            Hendrik
            Amos
            Austin
            gray
            dozzell
            McCullum

sadly not featuring much for the rest of the season

Ball
            Kakay
            thomas

the 2 hardest decisions will be

Marshall or Dieng - obviously on current form - Marshall deserves his place but dieng is our future / or one of our biggest assets so should play.
            Chair or amos - no so difficult because on his day chair is a better player but he lacks energy of amos who is just starting to find some form. We are a stronger midfield with Amos in it but maybe less creative. Also Chair in the side takes the pressure off Willock as the opposition have 2 creative players to try and mark out of the game!

Comment

Best possible 11 versus our perhaps in-form 11 over the past 6 weeks.

Best Eleven on paper. (Exception here, I think that Hendrick could quite easily find himself in that team over Sam Field)

Dieng
              Wallace
              Dickie
              Dunne
              Barbet
              Adomah
              Stefan
              Field
              Willock
              Chair
              Gray

Best Eleven right now.

Marshall
              Wallace
              Dickie
              Dunne
              Barbet
              Adomah
              Stefan
              Field
              Amos
              Willock
              Dykes

I think Dion could easily squeeze into our best eleven, he's very good, but Dunne and Dickie have now formed a good partnership so I would NOT rock the boat.

Marshall playing superb right now, but I still believe Seny will go right to the top.

Field / Amos shouldnt be dropped but they are victims to players coming back and rotation, Sam Field especially has been superb for me.

Good position to be in, an extra forward may have been a useful addition, but we're not that short when everyone is fit and ready to play.

Comment

I would be very surprised if Sanderson fails to nail down 1 of the 3 C/Back spots for the rest of the season,once given that opportunity.

Until McCallum is back I see Barbet at LWB and importantly gives MW full choice of using the 3 subs for tactical changes instead of being forced at 60mins or so.

Its a similar situation to when Dunne arrived,they have both come here to play and not just be bit part subs

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                  I would be very surprised if Sanderson fails to nail down 1 of the 3 C/Back spots for the rest of the season,once given that opportunity.

Until McCallum is back I see Barbet at LWB and importantly gives MW full choice of using the 3 subs for tactical changes instead of being forced at 60mins or so.

Its a similar situation to when Dunne arrived,they have both come here to play and not just be bit part subs

Wallace is our first choice LWB, Moses fits in there when he's off the pitch

Comment

[QUOTE=qpr4life;n2571802]

Wallace is our first choice LWB, Moses fits in there when he's off the pitch[/QUOTE

I think it’s fair to say McCallum was looked at as more than just back up to Lee Wallace due, to his long injury record.

Barbet was deployed at LWB after Wallace was subbed against Reading, on Saturday ,despite Moses being on the bench.

Comment

[QUOTE=MINCER;n2571806]
                      Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Wallace is our first choice LWB, Moses fits in there when he's off the pitch[/QUOTE

I think it’s fair to say McCallum was looked at as more than just back up to Lee Wallace due, to his long injury record.

Barbet was deployed at LWB after Wallace was subbed against Reading, on Saturday ,despite Moses being on the bench.
                      Ahh didnt think about that.

either way, Wallace LWB, McCallum when fit back up and I guess Barbet would be the next natural fit like you say.

Comment

Working...
                      X