re we safe yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re we safe yet?

It has been about this time over the last few seasons people have been calculating how many points are needed to “be safe from the drop” how refreshing is it that we are now looking at how many points we might need for play off soot

Leicester got relegated with 52 in 2008, and Peterborough with 54 in 2013 as far as I know thats the highest point totals that has resulted in relegation (correct me if im wrong!)

to absolutely guarantee playoffs you need high 70s low 80s points, mid 70s is a good bet. But in recent years teams with as few as 68 or 70 points have just sneaked in.

I would say we need 25-30 more points in our last 18 games to be absolutely sure of playoffs, but we could sneak in with less.

Very nice that it is January and we basically don't have to worry at all about relegation, Go full tilt into trying to win 9 out of our 18 remaining games we should be seeing playoffs come the end of the season.

Comment

Very unusual chat but I guess it just highlight where rangers fans are at. Would it be a swear to turn the tables and discuss top 2 instead of bottom 3? I still think we're a top 6 side and a little away for taking 2nd but it's a funny old game and you just never know
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I am thinking more of what we need to get into the top two rather than looking at the bottom half of the table.

I am not taking anything for granted though as we do have some very tough games to play against the likes of Fulham, Blackburn,Middlesbrough, Forest, Sheffield United Huddersfield and one or two other potential banana skins.

Comment

The average points tally of 3rd placed team (ie the team to finish above) over past six seasons is 85.5. So that means 86 is the average requirement to go up automatically.

In 2020 Bees were third with a paltry 81pts. In 2016 Seagulls were 3rd with a whopping 89pts (they missed out to Boro in 2nd by dint of goal difference 2 inferior).

Reckon we need 13 wins from remaining 19 games to deffo go up. Any less would probably mean relying on the results of others going into last couple of fixtures. Obviously beating Fulham and Blackburn would have the bonus of denting their potential points tally.

We could lose to the six teams Stanistheman mentions above and still go up.... would just need to ensure there were no slip-ups in any other games. Trouble with Rs is you can see us beating Fulham and losing to Barnsley, that's kind of how we roll!

Comment

We need to right the wrong that happened at the fools place, it was totally down to us, we gave them far too much respect, I was there, I've had better days out!!
            lot of water will have flowed under the bridge when we come to play them at HQ, who knows where everything will be then, but "I would, love it, really love it if we beat them" at our place, the sound of their idiot fans gloating is still in my head!!

#Ps thanks to Mr Kevin Keegan for the " love it" quote

Comment

17 games left

the 6th place team over the last 7 seasons has scored

77pts
              70pts
              74pts
              75pts
              80pts
              74pts
              78pts

so mid to late 70's should see you in the playoffs

to get to 78 points we need another 26 points.

10 away 7 at home

7 against play off rivals

Achievable?

Comment

Working...
              X