Uncle Albert's Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Albert's Record

Albert Adomah made history last weekend as the Queens Park Rangers midfielder became the record Sky Bet Championship appearance holder.

With 456 appearances in the second-tier under his belt, the 34-year-old broke the record – previously held by Luke Chambers, now of Sky Bet League Two outfit Colchester United – with his boyhood team.

The Hoops secured maximum points against promotion rivals West Bromwich Albion in a 1-0 victory over the Baggies and, with that, he wrote himself into the EFL’s history books.

“I think it was meant to be,” he said, speaking on the Official EFL Podcast. “It just sounds like a lot of games! For me, playing so many games in the EFL, I would never have believed I’d be the top of the list. I’ve been playing in the Championship for nearly 13 years now. For me to be up on that list is an unbelievable feeling. To do it with the Club that I support is just a great feeling.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/januar...arance-record/

Albert

Congratulations uncle

Comment

Nice one Uncle, good to see one of our own getting the plaudits he deserves, great service to football, not ending anytime soon I hope.

Comment

Still the most technically gifted even at 34!

Comment

Go Albert

Comment

Arguably the most exciting player on this team. And what character. So blessed.

Comment

Well pleased for our 'Uncle Albert' and well deserved.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...n-my-qpr-shirt

If there is a story that encapsulates Albert Adomah’s affection for Queens Park Rangers, then the time he was spotted in KFC wearing a home shirt freshly bought from the club shop while on the books of Middlesbrough takes some beating. It caused a slight stir but the reality was rather more innocent. He occasionally drove into training at Boro in QPR colours and once, after playing in a game between the teams, the winger seized a golden opportunity to add to his prized collection of shirts. “I waited in the tunnel and got about seven or eight tops,” Adomah says, smiling. “Even when I was at Aston Villa, living in Birmingham, sometimes I would go out on the street in my QPR shirt. I’m supporting my team. I’m just a normal supporter supporting the team that I love. Why not?”

Great bloke.

Comment

Why not indeed

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...n-my-qpr-shirt

If there is a story that encapsulates Albert Adomah’s affection for Queens Park Rangers, then the time he was spotted in KFC wearing a home shirt freshly bought from the club shop while on the books of Middlesbrough takes some beating. It caused a slight stir but the reality was rather more innocent. He occasionally drove into training at Boro in QPR colours and once, after playing in a game between the teams, the winger seized a golden opportunity to add to his prized collection of shirts. “I waited in the tunnel and got about seven or eight tops,” Adomah says, smiling. “Even when I was at Aston Villa, living in Birmingham, sometimes I would go out on the street in my QPR shirt. I’m supporting my team. I’m just a normal supporter supporting the team that I love. Why not?”

Great bloke.
                    Reminds me of my son when he was with Chelsea Juniors and wore a QPR shirt to his trial.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Reminds me of my son when he was with Chelsea Juniors and wore a QPR shirt to his trial.
                      I take it that didn't go down too well.

Comment

Working...
                      X