Dion Sanderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    I actually think Dickie needs a rest, if I had to drop 1 it would be him, hasn’t kept up early season form. Sanderson would slot straight in no probs.
    Why is he getting stick? Ok he started the season strong and maybe not kept up the stellar start he had, but he hasn't become a bad player in the meantime, the two soft goals we gave away with the straight ball down the middle were poor, but the defence in recent games have been stellar, he has played his part in that defence!! Sanderson sounds like a decent player and may well be a decent addition, but we are where we are because of the players we have, and who have performed well enough so far, I want us to add players to the squad for sure, but please have some respect for what the players we have, have done so far, thanks​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Why is he getting stick? Ok he started the season strong and maybe not kept up the stellar start he had, but he hasn't become a bad player in the meantime, the two soft goals we gave away with the straight ball down the middle were poor, but the defence in recent games have been stellar, he has played his part in that defence!! Sanderson sounds like a decent player and may well be a decent addition, but we are where we are because of the players we have, and who have performed well enough so far, I want us to add players to the squad for sure, but please have some respect for what the players we have, have done so far, thanks​​​​​​​​​​
      Keep ya knickers on pal. Where did I slate Dickie? I said if I had to drop 1 it would be Dickie. Be good for him to rest or rotate with Sanderson because he won’t come here to just sit on the bench for the rest of the season. If we’re serious about promotion the squad needs to be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

Keep ya knickers on pal. Where did I slate Dickie? I said if I had to drop 1 it would be Dickie. Be good for him to rest or rotate with Sanderson because he won’t come here to just sit on the bench for the rest of the season. If we’re serious about promotion the squad needs to be strong.
        Point taken PAL, knickers firmly on, if he is coming, then he may well be good cover for Rob, but there is an understanding being built among the players we have, which can only be built by training and playing together, I hope he slots in well if he comes, it certainly won't hurt to have him, if he ends up coming and playing, and F ucks up, I'll get back to you, Fair enough?

Comment

We would benefit from another CB. Would just take one of ours to get injured or suspended and Sanderson would get a chance. Also will be a tough second half of season if we want to keep up promotion challenge so could rotate to try and keep fitness levels up. I know we have Jordi but I seem to remember he isn't due back until next month and he has struggled with fitness and form this season so may need time to get up to speed over and above February.

Risk for Sanderson is he doesn't get much game time. If he does though and we stick around top 6 could be great experience for him to be involved in that as opposed to say playing for a mid table side.

Finally if we got a late January too good to refuse offer for Dickie we would have someone in place. I suspect we will keep our squad together until the summer but you never quite know. Some crazy deals get done in January.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            We would benefit from another CB. Would just take one of ours to get injured or suspended and Sanderson would get a chance. Also will be a tough second half of season if we want to keep up promotion challenge so could rotate to try and keep fitness levels up. I know we have Jordi but I seem to remember he isn't due back until next month and he has struggled with fitness and form this season so may need time to get up to speed over and above February.

Risk for Sanderson is he doesn't get much game time. If he does though and we stick around top 6 could be great experience for him to be involved in that as opposed to say playing for a mid table side.

Finally if we got a late January too good to refuse offer for Dickie we would have someone in place. I suspect we will keep our squad together until the summer but you never quite know. Some crazy deals get done in January.
            Really good post although Jordi played for U23's in midweek so should be available, certainly on the bench hopefully

Comment

Really do look like the look of getting Dion Sanderson in on loan, adds depth at Centre back.

We do need at least two or three more signings I feel, another striker, centre mid and a wing back and I think we will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                Really do look like the look of getting Dion Sanderson in on loan, adds depth at Centre back.

We do need at least two or three more signings I feel, another striker, centre mid and a wing back and I think we will be fine.
                Another central midfielder? Obviously Stefan, Dozzell, Field, Amos, Ball & Duke are not enough when only 2 play at anytime?!

Comment

WLS reporting he is set to sign for QPR on loan, pretty much a done deal it seems for us.

Really good signing imo.

Comment

I am not sure why we need another CD - he won't have come to warm the bench - Jody was back on the bench on Sat - then we send Masterson back out on loan - i don't get loaning in someone else's 22 yr old and sending out one of our own? I get that Masterson will get more games out on Loan but will Sanderson get any meaningful game time with us?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      I am not sure why we need another CD - he won't have come to warm the bench - Jody was back on the bench on Sat - then we send Masterson back out on loan - i don't get loaning in someone else's 22 yr old and sending out one of our own? I get that Masterson will get more games out on Loan but will Sanderson get any meaningful game time with us?
                      I get your points, but with De Wijs injury record I wouldn't expect him to stay fit beyond March. All it takes is one red card or injury and Sanderson will be in the starting line up and could prove hard to shift if he helps the club keep clean sheets (6 with Birmingham).
                      I haven't watched him play and don't know how good he is or even if he is quicker than those we have (hopefully he is).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I get your points, but with De Wijs injury record I wouldn't expect him to stay fit beyond March. All it takes is one red card or injury and Sanderson will be in the starting line up and could prove hard to shift if he helps the club keep clean sheets (6 with Birmingham).
                        I haven't watched him play and don't know how good he is or even if he is quicker than those we have (hopefully he is).
                        Seen a couple of reports on Sanderson best assets and pace is mentioned quite often.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/04/lea...ion-sanderson/

It seems Sheff Utd came in late trying to hijack the deal

https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index....37264/page-107

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Seen a couple of reports on Sanderson best assets and pace is mentioned quite often.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2021/04/lea...ion-sanderson/

It seems Sheff Utd came in late trying to hijack the deal

https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index....37264/page-107
                          Thanks for these.

The 1st link includes the following “He likes a battle, he’s good in the air, he’s got pace and he’s got good composure in possession.” The last bit sounds just what MW likes in his defenders and the rest is just what we fans want. This lad could be hard to shift once he gets into the team.

Comment

I think all 3 of ourCB's have been playing quite well lately and Jordi is coming back into the mix, there will be injuries and suspensions coming so I think it is good to get another quality CB into the mix, even Barbet dare I say may need to be rested from time to time!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Wolves defender Sanderson to have medical ahead of QPR move

Didn't think we do medicals

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...ad-of-qpr-move

Comment

Any update on this ?

Comment

Working...
                                X