Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have only conceded 4 goals in 5 games

Against some very good sides.

That’s pretty fantastic for a side with Albert at right back and often playing with two forwards and Willock.

Fair play to Barbet, Dunne and Dickie.

Backs to the wall one of the best back threes in the league.

Won the game for us today by keeping it tight at the back in the first 45 when we were not at the races.

Thought Marshall looked solid and better than Dieng with the ball at his feet. We looked smoother passing it out from the back. Much less worried about Dieng being away now. Looks like a good loan signing.

Comment

Marshall looks to have a good presence about him between the posts.One of Dieng best attributes for me is his ability to command his area coming for crosses.

Comment

The defence was superb today!

wallace mom for me

we are a much better side with him in it!

Comment

Well what a day out, thought we were average in the first half , but didn't look under too much threat, good display from the defence, much better second half but still not great, however got the job done again, what can you say about Charlie;! He's had some pelters on here recently, guilty on my part, but there he is again to win us yet another game, I will have a portion of cream with my humble pie when I get home.
          Absolutely legendary atmosphere from the faithful today, I loved every minute, can't wait til the next time I get up,
          You R's

Comment

We played the team in front of us today, not their reputation. Dunno what the hell we were playing at against Bournemouth who were 1 win from 8 when we played them but we meekly rolled over.
            I said weeks ago that automatic promotion is up for grabs - we need to take that second 45mins today as evidence we CAN beat every other team in this division when we're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
              Marshall looks to have a good presence about him between the posts.One of Dieng best attributes for me is his ability to command his area coming for crosses.

Wow, funny how we all see things differently.

That's one of the things I would say Dieng is poor at.
              I sit lower loft and don't think I've ever heard him command his defence. Rarely comes out for a cross and when he does he punches the ball even when it's easier to catch it.

Anyway, like I say, we all see things differently and if there is some healthy competition for the shirt then that can only be a good thing.

Personally, I think Dieng is gonna find it difficult to get the shirt back.

Comment

Dieng is first choice goalkeeper - Marshall hardly had a thing to do - and what he had to d the did well - apart from the near post shot that some how got past him and rolled along the line

Comment

Great Pic

Comment

Really good defensive display. Barbet is a warrior alright for coming up from that nasty gash he had and played on.

Sign of a real togetherness in this squad, there is a massive few weeks ahead now.

Comment

Thought Jimmy Dunne was excellent, we’re so much better with Wallace & uncle so Musca more productive going forward, my only worry is Uncle as brilliant as he’s been defensively he’s not a natural there.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Thought Jimmy Dunne was excellent, we’re so much better with Wallace & uncle so Musca more productive going forward, my only worry is Uncle as brilliant as he’s been defensively he’s not a natural there.
                        Credit to the defence and the team as a whole, but agree the defence is better with Wallace in it and that Dunne was excellent. Also Barbet was immense, especially when he came back on (ala Terry Butcher) and won his headers.

He isn't, but it helps when we are defending from the front.

I think against Bournemouth, the problem was more to do with not having played for 3 weeks (and players recovering from Covid rather than being meek).

Comment

Working...
                        X