Higher standards and expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    Whistler is ok, but, for me the best skiing in my experience is Colorado.

Breckenridge, Vail, Steam Boat, Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Keystone and many others.

My favourite is Aspen, especially Aspen Buttermilk.

They are all at altitude, Breckenridge tops out at a breathless 13,000 feet.

We can’t wait to return to beautiful Colorado, maybe next year.
    I haven't skied Colorado, I have skied in California and Montana, the BC interior is great, Fernie, Panarama, Kimberly, the smaller resorts in the BC interior have some of the best runs and powder skiing in the world and they are way cheaper than Whistler and Colorado! When I did my trip in the Alps I set my base up at Zel Am See, it was great and there are a bunch of good resorts a short drive away!
    Kev you are the same age as us skiers, try the CBD, it might not get you skiing but your everyday life will be less painful!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

I’m already looking at the other BC sites on the map, I am so fed up with covid and stupid injuries, planning something for the back end of February.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I’m already looking at the other BC sites on the map, I am so fed up with covid and stupid injuries, planning something for the back end of February.
        When we do the BC interior we fly into Calgary and rent a car, Lake Louise and Sunshine Village are close then once in BC there are several great resorts, Red Mountain, Sun Peaks, I mentioned Fernie Snow Valley, it is some of the best lift served powder skiing you can do if you hit it right! Hopefully covid cases go down, at least you can go see QPR, Rangers never fail to entertain one way or another!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Is this now a Skiing thread or can we discuss Easter and summer holiday plans.

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;n2570244]Is this now a Skiing thread or can we discuss Easter and summer holiday plans. [/QUOTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuapKdqIZw
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Is this now a Skiing thread or can we discuss Easter and summer holiday plans.
              I can recommend Andorra or the Italian lakes, both wonderful places.

We’re all going on a summer holiday, we’re going where the sun’s brightly, we’re ll going where the sun is blue………….

Comment

Kev, learn to scuba dive mate, if you can run to it, go to either Malta, The Canaries or Egypt in the spring to learn.

Remember, you are weightless underwater.

I am a BSAC instructor and I am very happy to offer you any advice if you go ahead.
                Back in the day, I did a couple of introduction dives, one in Ibiza and the other just off of Cairns in Australia when my lad was living down there, it was a fantastic experience for sure, didn't really have the funds back then to follow it up, but I really do see the attraction

Comment

Kev, do it mate, it’s the best fun you can have in rubber.

Any advice you need, just ask, I am more than happy to help you.

Comment

Working...
                  X