Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controversial post

I will put my tin hat on and being controversial deliberately;

If we lose our next 2 games, will Warbs get the boot? 4 losses on the spin, mid table mediocrity etc

The board seem to have promotion ambitions

Look how Blackburn have improved. Look how Boro have kicked on since Wilder was appointed

Looking forward now to the abuse this post will provoke!!

Blackburn are essentially a one man team at the minute. If Brereton is sold in Jan then they won't be in contention much longer. Boro were fancied to do well before the season started so it's not much of a surprise to see them on a run now. Huddersfield and Coventry won't be anywhere the top 6 at the end of the season so it's hard to gauge where we will end up. A lot will come of the Jan window and who we get in.

We should showing for a least 4 points from our next 2. If we lose heavily then the manager will be under pressure considering he got all the players he wanted in pre season.

I'm still optimistic we will have a good season but we have no real depth to our squad. Our bench never looks great and we have no pace or power to bring on if gray starts. A pacy winger and 2 good wing backs would change our squad very quickly!!!

Keep the faith!!

Comment

The old adage about never being more than a couple of games from the sack, is always worth remembering. If we were to lose the next 2 games our form will have a totally different appearance.

We've been there before and so has he, I cannot see anything changing between now and the end of the season.

Comment

I don't think Warburton's job is at risk, but I do think we will lose the next 2 fixtures (maybe get a draw at Birmingham).
        The squad lacks depth, but more importantly, pace.

We are struggling for goals of late and imo it's because we have reverted to playing 1 up front and teams have sussed us out.

Let's see what our squad looks like after the January window and see if we can improve again as we did last season.

As for the play off positions, I am expecting Forest and Stoke to be in those soon (maybe one of those tonight with the other in 7th place).

Wilder has worked his usual 'magic' at Middlesboro and Mowbray is doing what he used to do and getting sides into the play off and promotion picture.

Comment

He won't and shouldnt get the sack.

I would wager that wherever we end up in the league it will be higher than league table based on player budgets.

It may well take many seasons of cashing in on our best players to get a balanced squad of young players that arent prone to injuries.

Comment

I disagree about our board having serious play off ambitions for THIS season ,I think they just want to see us improve on last season .
            I think Warburton is doing well considering his resources, I'd be very happy with an 8th place finish.

Comment

He won't get the bullet after the next two games I don't think, but if the season collapses dramatically, then he may well not be here next season, just my opinion, you know what it's like, who would be a football manager !!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                He's not going anywhere.
                Too right !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                  I will put my tin hat on and being controversial deliberately;

If we lose our next 2 games, will Warbs get the boot? 4 losses on the spin, mid table mediocrity etc

The board seem to have promotion ambitions

Look how Blackburn have improved. Look how Boro have kicked on since Wilder was appointed

Looking forward now to the abuse this post will provoke!!

We are 7th with two games in hand on some teams. Yes, we have lost to two teams with double or triple the budget of ours. But it isn't mediocre teams we have played. Bournemouth is top of the league. To start talking about sacking Warburton now is simply unbelievable, irrespective of how the two next matches go. Every team will have a dip in form at some point of time, and we are going through one now.

Warburton was voted Manager of the Month just two weeks ago. He has developed a string of players with great sell-on value - Dieng, Dickie, Willock, Chair, Dykes - probably worth £30-40m. We are in a better position than we have been since we were relegated six years ago, both on and off the field. More than anything this is down to Warburton.

If some of our supporters would run a business, I wonder if they would have any staff left. Everyone would be fired one after another, after having one or two bad days at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

We are 7th with two games in hand on some teams. Yes, we have lost to two teams with double or triple the budget of ours. But it isn't mediocre teams we have played. Bournemouth is top of the league. To start talking about sacking Warburton now is simply unbelievable, irrespective of how the two next matches go. Every team will have a dip in form at some point of time, and we are going through one now.

Warburton was voted Manager of the Month just two weeks ago. He has developed a string of players with great sell-on value - Dieng, Dickie, Willock, Chair, Dykes - probably worth £30-40m. We are in a better position than we have been since we were relegated six years ago, both on and off the field. More than anything this is down to Warburton.

If some of our supporters would run a business, I wonder if they would have any staff left. Everyone would be fired one after another, after having one or two bad days at the office.
                    I think the o.p wasn't completely serious when he wrote his piece. He's not looking to get the manager sacked, he's just putting the idea out that if we lost a few games, would fans expect warbs to be sacked or given time to turn things around. Imo.

Comment

Warbs is the man for the job , forget Bournemouth we were beaten by a better team .A few in next moon and we will be top 8 come end of season

Comment

Sack him, let's hope not rather he was around for Jan, see what he and Les can pull out of the Hat!

Comment

Bit stupid to sack him done well the only problem is the system he uses, it doesn't get us up the park quickly, the opposition are back in their formation and then it becomes difficult to get balls into the box that is my only concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                            Bit stupid to sack him done well the only problem is the system he uses, it doesn't get us up the park quickly, the opposition are back in their formation and then it becomes difficult to get balls into the box that is my only concern.
                            Yes, this is the major weakness with our style of play. When we finally get the ball into the box, after 20+ moves, the box is so crowded the chance to score is low. I think Warburton wants to mix it up with slowly built attacked and quick counter attacks, but he hasn't found the right blend yet. It it first of all about midfielders and wing backs doing the right forward passes or moves at the right point in time, but they seem to rather prefer sideways or backwards passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

I think the o.p wasn't completely serious when he wrote his piece. He's not looking to get the manager sacked, he's just putting the idea out that if we lost a few games, would fans expect warbs to be sacked or given time to turn things around. Imo.
                              I agree that was the intent, and the response had come across loud and clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X