Kakay - how is he a player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kakay - how is he a player?

Absolutely shocking footballer , I’d rather start with 10 players than him in the line up, he’s an absolute liability. How he has made it professionally it’s an absolute joke! We desperately need a new right back in January , the difference in performance was clear once he was taken off yesterday and replaced by Adomah !

I could not agree more. He is worse than Alan Wilkes and Brian Williams.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

We have had a few players who were awful footballers. He's not on his own. Terrell forbes, Bob malclom, Brett angel, Tony scully, zesh rehman etc

Comment

To Right would Rather we played with 10 men than him playing
        You Rsssssss

Comment

I think he has become the whipping boy on here....Not sure what he did wrong yesterday defensively and he is not a winger - when albert plays there everyone over looks his failings defensively because he can attack and is "one of our own" As for Kakay he is not the right player for the system we play...square pegs round holes and all that.

I agree he should not be our first choice but at the moment he's our only choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            I think he has become the whipping boy on here....Not sure what he did wrong yesterday defensively and he is not a winger - when albert plays there everyone over looks his failings defensively because he can attack and is "one of our own" As for Kakay he is not the right player for the system we play...square pegs round holes and all that.

I agree he should not be our first choice but at the moment he's our only choice!!
            The problem is that he's not a wing back at all. He's a full back being asked to play in an offensive role when he's not a offensive minded player. He can't cross, can't take a man on, gives the ball away in the final third a lot and makes the wrong decision nearly every time he gets the ball in an attacking position.

As a full back all he has to do is win his tackles, take a throw in and pass a simple ball to one of our deep lying midfielders. It doesn't require any real skill and he's quick, likes to put his foot in and can keep this up for 90 mins.

Comment

Instead of complaining that an inexperienced Kakay can’t cross like Alexander-Arnold I would be more inclined in trying to get more out of experienced players like Johansen who has been a major disappointment overall this season imo.

Comment

Fair point. Stef took about 8-10 games to get fit. Think he has a few more gears to go up before he is the player we saw last season.

Main disappointment for me has been Austin. If we had paid big money for him and he hadn't the history from before then most would have been giving him both barrells this season. Guy is overweight, nowhere near fit enough and 2 goals in the league says a lot. Going on talkshite doesn't help him either.

Comment

We have probably punched above our weight this season so far,to a certain extent, and as glorious as it has been at times, there was probably going to be a point when the fragility would show. Ossie was poor last night, I was one who was screaming for him to go, but it's not just him, we were weak all over the place , Chrissy Willock was non existent, Stef always seemed to be looking for the the flashy pass when a simpler ball would have done the same job, no bite from anybody in midfield, no real goal threat to speak of. It looks like , if not all the wheels have come off, at least one has and the others are buckling!!!
                  having said all that, we know we can play good football, we know we can compete ,we have all seen it, and if they can get all the pieces re aligned somehow there is no reason that we can still be there or there about come seasons end

Comment

I keep hoping for this kid to develop into a serviceable fullback for us, he has been in our system for some time apparently but whether it is the system we play not suiting him or his lack of skill it just isn't working! I think his biggest shortcoming is positioning closely followed by poor crossing ability, both those fault s don't bode well for him retaining a spot on the roster let alone the starting 11!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

He's 24/25. Not going to get any better. It's more to do with our own coaching system if anything. He has been with us since he was 8. He is the product of our own set up. Says a lot to be honest. We just don't produce many decent lads that go on to be first team regulars who are good enough. Look at our under 23s. Most are already 23 or over. None of them can even get a spot on the bench even when we have a place for them! They will get released at some point and end up in the conference.

Comment

Bit harsh Marc. I would go as far to say that he was our best player against Stoke. He wasn't great yesterday but then again even players like willock and chair were pretty non existent. We do need to improve our full backs because Wallace is a walking injury
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Kakay doesn't select himself , we all know by now he's a weak link . Warburton needs to pick his system with what players he has at his disposal. Not go with a system and try and squeeze in players that struggle with it..hope that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            Kakay doesn't select himself , we all know by now he's a weak link . Warburton needs to pick his system with what players he has at his disposal. Not go with a system and try and squeeze in players that struggle with it..hope that makes sense
                            Makes total sense. I'd rather start kakay at rb and uncle on right wing. Uncle wouldn't have to do as much running. No need to have to run all the way back into his penalty area. Just stay on the halfway line and take the ball off kakay and the midfield. Kakay is ok at right back. We created this mess by getting rid of kane for no reason and signing moses who hasn't been fit in 5 years!

Comment

Poor player offers very little to the team,

Comment

Working...
                              X