On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Yes as normal at this time of the year we had a panto Villian,Stroud is a #### poor ref and made some really poor decisions.
    However in truth Rangers were beaten by a better team who could easily have scored 4, Bournemouth have mastered the dark art of cheating/ time wasting and generally controlled the game, yes we huffed and puffed in the last 15 minutes, but in truth we had too many players playing poorly especially Chair, Willock and Johannsen, when they are poor the team does not function.
    Add to that Dykes, Wallace and Field lacking match fitness and tonight was a bridge too far.
    Not mentioning Kakay because he is just out of his depth.
    MOTM for me was Dunne who had a decent game.
    Need fresh blood RWB and a faster Centre back, maybe a flair player to be an option to Chair/ Willock if they are injured or playing poorly

Hope Kakay is not anywhere near the starting 11 bench player at best.

Comment

When Kakay is selected it's 10 v 12 players including most Refs
      You Rsssssss

Comment

A fair assesment Romford! Our midfield was second best for a good part as you say, it's hard to get a result against a good team like that with disappointing individual performances!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Three thoughts.

One, we continue to be outworked in the midfield by the best teams in the league. Stefan, not a particularly daunting defender, is slow in generating offense despite the field general talent he flashed at the end of last season. And Field lacks more than fitness; he's a liability masking as a mainstay. Want to see more of Amos and Dozzell.

Second, why do we think commanding possession without aggressing toward goal is a winning strategy? How many times did we actually make an aggressive move toward goal today versus trying to set up the perfect passing play? Dykes is a real weapon in the middle waiting for service, but the feeders seem preoccupied far too often with establishing passing (not goal scoring) records.

MW, as is so often the case, was 10 minutes too late getting Adomah and Dozzell onto the field; and short of Chair (through injury) Field should have been the first one replaced. If a player or players isn't working in a particular game, why keep them in til it's almost too late to do anything about it?

Comment

Had a mate with me tonight who hasn't been for a while. He couldn't believe how quiet it was. I know we didn't play well but atmosphere was poor.

Comment

Bournemouth closed us down really well , to the point we didn't know what to do with the ball. Dykes got no service . Bournemouth midfield were quick and sharper than us . Sorry to say it but we got what we deserved . Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                Yes as normal at this time of the year we had a panto Villian,Stroud is a #### poor ref and made some really poor decisions.
                However in truth Rangers were beaten by a better team who could easily have scored 4, Bournemouth have mastered the dark art of cheating/ time wasting and generally controlled the game, yes we huffed and puffed in the last 15 minutes, but in truth we had too many players playing poorly especially Chair, Willock and Johannsen, when they are poor the team does not function.
                Add to that Dykes, Wallace and Field lacking match fitness and tonight was a bridge too far.
                Not mentioning Kakay because he is just out of his depth.
                MOTM for me was Dunne who had a decent game.
                Need fresh blood RWB and a faster Centre back, maybe a flair player to be an option to Chair/ Willock if they are injured or playing poorly
                that is exactly how I saw it, although we were so poor we made Bournemouth look good
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We need to go back to playing with 2 strikers I.e. Dykes & Austin . This is what we did last season.
                  we are playing with just one striker to accommodate Willock and Chair. The latter will be away soon so the chance to go with 2 strikers for January is an option that hopefully will be selected and prove fruitful.

I was unable to watch the game so don’t know how Stroud reffed the game, but noticed he sent off Dozzell (6 players in 21 games now) and Bournemouth won 10 out of 11 with him in the middle.

Comment

Need to be getting the ball forward quicker instead of letting sides regroup defensively, having all this possession doesn't win you games as soon as MW realises that we will score goals, instead of chasing the game after they score with all the f ucking about at the back which always results with the opposition nicking a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Need to be getting the ball forward quicker instead of letting sides regroup defensively, having all this possession doesn't win you games as soon as MW realises that we will score goals, instead of chasing the game after they score with all the f ucking about at the back which always results with the opposition nicking a goal.
                      To be honest, I don't think he's going to change his style of play anytime soon. I think we spend far too long going sideways and backwards, totally understand possession play when you are winning games, but when you are behind a bit more directness and pace would be far more beneficial.

Comment

Our game and build up far too slow, we’re slow at the back, lots of players underperformed, may have been the long lay off , but shouldn’t be an excuse players well rested, Kakay can not start for this team again,

Comment

Working...
                        X