Chair and Dieng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair and Dieng

Not seen anything on whether we have been granted permission for them to play v Bournemouth

Have read elsewhere that Salah and Sane have been granted permission to play on the 28th and then travel

Anyone seen anything?

Not sure why they would insist on Dieng travelling so far before the tournament starts. He's only their number 2, sometimes not even that. It's not like he's going to play. Chair is usually in the the matchday squad and may start so we might be without him for Bournemouth. If the clowns who moved the game back a day had left it for the boxing day instead then this wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

I saw an article today saying that Warbs is still in discussion with the relevant FAs and evrn he doesn't know with 4 days until the match.

Comment

Special rules will only apply to the world class players. We dont have any clout.

Comment

I dont see how this will be an issue, surely they play the 27th and then they fly out the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
            I dont see how this will be an issue, surely they play the 27th and then they fly out the following day.
            You seem to be overlooking the fact that one of the main aims of AFCON is to mess up, disrupt and irritate European clubs as far as possible..... gives them leverage when they're on the cadge for money from FIFA/EUFA and/or more places for African countries at the World Cup.

I notice FCO advises against travelling to half the country. On top of covid it has various other plagues about the place and ongoing civil unrest between various factions. Frankly, I'm surprised professional footballers can actually get insurance cover to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
              Call up dates for training camps and tournament prep.

Comment

Does anybody outside the African continent actually give a damn about this two bob competition anyway?

Comment

Well I'm sure the players do. If you are called up to play for your country, what would you say? Nah thanks all the same, I would rather play Bristol sh itty away on 30th Jan!!!! Its the highlight of my year!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                    Well I'm sure the players do. If you are called up to play for your country, what would you say? Nah thanks all the same, I would rather play Bristol sh itty away on 30th Jan!!!! Its the highlight of my year!
                    Can't argue with that too much, always an honour to represent your country in any sport, but will you be getting the pizzas and beers in to settle down to watch Namibia v Mali ? Not sure that's even a fixture but I hope you see the point I'm making ?

Comment

What I don't understand is the 3 principles governing release of players...1 safeguarding of players 2.that it doesn't prevent them playing competitive matches for their club and 3 that they return to their club in a timely manner afterwards....surely 1 and moreso 2 are not being adhered to. Am I hugely misunderstanding the principles?....I guess I must be to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Can't argue with that too much, always an honour to represent your country in any sport, but will you be getting the pizzas and beers in to settle down to watch Namibia v Mali ? Not sure that's even a fixture but I hope you see the point I'm making ?
                        I completely get your point mate. It's not at the top of my list when I look at the fixture list but now we have a few lads involved I'll have to try to catch a game or 2. Probably Morocco as ilias will more than likely get on the pitch at some point. If he goes well he could come back and his value may have sky rocketed which is a win win for us!

Comment

Really wish our Boys well playing for their Countries but it truly is a Spanner in the works fo us getting our season back on track, hopefully all will end well, for all of us, bet its got the back room staff swearing and hopping around a bit..

Comment

Of the 3 players travelling to the tournament Senny Dieng’s absence could prove to be the most pivotal to the New Years fixtures ,really hope Joe Walsh gets the nod over Archer.

Comment

With chair away, a lot is going to fall on the shoulders of willock to be our main creative outlet. We need someone to step up. Whether this amos or George Thomas, we may even change our shape and go 2 up top. Dykes and Gray perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X