No announcement yet.

Charlie future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klos, I think we all get the point you are trying to make, it's a fairly radical train of thought, that's for sure, but Chas is no Glenn Hoddle, I think the majority thought is that his fitness and stamina is very much the problem, his footballing brain is probably as sharp as it always was, but it's no good the brain writing cheques that the body can't cash, we would all love the old Chas back, but it ain't going to happen, congratulations on starting a really good topic though

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post

LRL
      READ IT

Not as a defender= at the foot of the diamond where he can be creative as well Hoddle was good enough to be a striker if r3quired but when he was shot he played sweeper Crazy gang Cork and Fashnau etc could interchange readily defence attack. You are probably too young to remember John Charles - could play either in his prime. Dion Dublin played centre forward and centre back in his prime. Charlie is past his best as a striker but still valuable
      Wish I was too young !! Was at Wembley 67 !!

Comment

I still think Ron Hunt schallenge on keeperr would not have been allowed today but unforgettable day
        l

All the best mate

y

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          Chas's goal return this season doesn't lie . Don't know what's happened to him . So want him to do well but just doesn't seem to be going his way
          Pair him up front with Dykes again so that he doesn't have to do all the running around and let's see what he can do, before we dismiss him as almost finished.

Warburton is practically doing to him what he did with Dykes last season (although mostly out of necessity as both the former and Gray have been struggling with injuries this season.

Comment

If AFCON goes ahead and Chair goes its probably a likely pairing, Chaz and Dykes. Be interesting to see if it works. We share the goals around the team which is an advantage in some ways but we don't have anyone even near the Championship top scorers list and the goals have dried up a tad, so we could do with one of our strikers hitting a purple patch.

Comment

How about sticking him in goal while Dieng is away?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                How about sticking him in goal while Dieng is away?
                Lol well the way things are going it might come to that, without being too rude to Chas, he would certainly make the goal look smaller!!!

Comment

We need his nouse for goals this season. Defence is for defenders these days imo.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Pair him up front with Dykes again so that he doesn't have to do all the running around and let's see what he can do, before we dismiss him as almost finished.

Warburton is practically doing to him what he did with Dykes last season (although mostly out of necessity as both the former and Gray have been struggling with injuries this season.
                    Totally agree 2 up top would help him, i believe that Charlie is one of those guys who needs to play games, don't think it helps keep in -out the more he plays the better he will be, and will probably still end up top scorer this season

Comment

Working...
                    X