Two more games to gut out, three to shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more games to gut out, three to shine

Given MW's injury updates, let's assume we will be without the services of Dykes, Wallace, Adomah, and Odubajo until the 12/27 Bournemouth game, McCallum til Mid January and Jordy well into February.

That means we have to basically field the same lineup as Stoke for the next two -- except I would move Amos into a starting role, use Dozzell and Thomas off the bench, and alternate starts between Charlie and Gray. These two games are a true test of QPR's mettle and character -- excited to see how they handle it.

Then set your calendar to Bournemouth, when we will likely get most of the injured back (including, God willing, Lyndon Dykes) and can return to the form that has us as serious contenders in the race for the playoffs.

A quality CB in the January window IS the final piece (Jordy will never be wholly healthy). Go for both experience and speed. Otherwise very much like our squad as is.

We've endured years of disappointment and mediocrity. Now we are looking at a few months of opportunity and hope.

Go you rrr's.

Yes the coming games will be tough. But then potentially for Bournemouth onwards we will also be without Chair, Seny and Kakay (the latter might not be first choice but given our injuries wd certainly have a role to play if not).

If its going to be loans we bring in its going to be a lottery - the young Kyle Walker oozed class and was a major reason we stormed the league that year. But we have also had plenty of young loan players from big clubs supposedly worth big money who were absolute rubbish for us: Macheda from Man U, that Spurs winger from last season whose name I can't even remember. I would hope we are having those conversations. Reading have been able to pick up an experienced Premier League player in Danny Drinkwater from Chelsea who has apparently been excellent for them - hopefully we can do similar with a centre back and a versatile fullback.

Comment

I've seen that the young CB at Liverpool Nathaniel Phillips may possibly be looking for some game time somewhere, it's possible aiming very high for us, but it doesn't hurt to try these opportunities, maybe dreaming here

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
        I've seen that the young CB at Liverpool Nathaniel Phillips may possibly be looking for some game time somewhere, it's possible aiming very high for us, but it doesn't hurt to try these opportunities, maybe dreaming here
        I agree he would be a great signing, but if he goes anywhere on loan it's likely to be to a Premiership club as he played 20 times last season for Liverpool. He might even get sold to a team like West Ham or Newcastle.

I think that if the club are not already doing so, they need to be talking to clubs and agents very soon to get these players signed up in the 1st week in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
          Given MW's injury updates, let's assume we will be without the services of Dykes, Wallace, Adomah, and Odubajo until the 12/27 Bournemouth game, McCallum til Mid January and Jordy well into February.

That means we have to basically field the same lineup as Stoke for the next two -- except I would move Amos into a starting role, use Dozzell and Thomas off the bench, and alternate starts between Charlie and Gray. These two games are a true test of QPR's mettle and character -- excited to see how they handle it.

Then set your calendar to Bournemouth, when we will likely get most of the injured back (including, God willing, Lyndon Dykes) and can return to the form that has us as serious contenders in the race for the playoffs.

A quality CB in the January window IS the final piece (Jordy will never be wholly healthy). Go for both experience and speed. Otherwise very much like our squad as is.

We've endured years of disappointment and mediocrity. Now we are looking at a few months of opportunity and hope.

Go you rrr's.
          We can't play field at left wing back for the next couple of games. It just doesn't make sense. Just put barbet there and drop field in to the back 3. Also agree re amos. He needs to start instead of dozzell who has been exposed in the last couple of games.

Comment

Working...
          X