Bristol away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol away

Checking the train times coming back and looks like the last one leaves at 21.32, how far is the stadium from the BPWS? Noticed that national Express coaches have one leaving at 22.00 for £15, that's an option. How's everyone planning to get back?

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Checking the train times coming back and looks like the last one leaves at 21.32, how far is the stadium from the BPWS? Noticed that national Express coaches have one leaving at 22.00 for £15, that's an option. How's everyone planning to get back?
    You want Temple Meads Station not Parkway.

Google planner says TM to Ashton Gate is 2.1 miles, or 40min walk.

Parkway is 7.1 miles away from the ground.

Comment

Cheers Sheeps, didn't know there are 2 stations, looks like there's a 22.00 return train from TM, Police will probably hold it up for a bit, do you think?

Comment

Probably won’t make it back to both stations quite away from the ground good 1/2 hour walk to Temple meads and a lot further to parkway unless you can grab a cab

Comment

Last time I went I was stuck in a car park opposite the away end for about 90 minutes , it was chaotic then the sat nav kept sending me round in circles . Will give this a miss and go to Brum . Bristol Tickets also more than double than Birmingham

Comment

Cheers Sheeps, didn't know there are 2 stations, looks like there's a 22.00 return train from TM, Police will probably hold it up for a bit, do you think?
            Doubt the final whistle will be blown till 9.40pm. You've go no chance of making it back to TM station for 10pm.

Comment

The parking around Ashton Gate is a nightmare. If I was going from London I'd drive to Parkway and park there and catch the train to Temple Meads. After the game walk or cab it back to TM and catch the 22:45 back to Parkway.

If you want to drive into Bristol then use Portwell Lane Car park and walk to the ground. Still about 45mins walk.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/p...-stay-car-park

Comment

Props to anyone making the trip, sounds like a nightmare!!

Comment

My next trip up from Margate, is Swansea, can't wait ,

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The parking around Ashton Gate is a nightmare. If I was going from London I'd drive to Parkway and park there and catch the train to Temple Meads. After the game walk or cab it back to TM and catch the 22:45 back to Parkway.

If you want to drive into Bristol then use Portwell Lane Car park and walk to the ground. Still about 45mins walk.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/parking/p...-stay-car-park
                    The parking really is that bad...I once got there a bit later than I'd hoped because of a crash on the M5, I spent the whole first half circling the area looking for parking, I could hear the goals being celebrated but gave up at half time and drove home.

Comment

Bloody hell, you must have been going mental!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

The parking really is that bad...I once got there a bit later than I'd hoped because of a crash on the M5, I spent the whole first half circling the area looking for parking, I could hear the goals being celebrated but gave up at half time and drove home.
                        There is free parking up the Bedminster Road but it's very hit and miss. The ground is in a residential area and retail parks with limited time parking. You could try one of those 'park at my house' sites to get closer.

Comment

I'm always content to park a half hour's yomp away. Too many times I was a clever-Dick, parking round the corner and then finding myself hemmed in for flipping ages afterwards by exiting fans and traffic.
                          Dawned on me eventually it was better to be a mile or two away, just off the main road home. Jumping in the motor and immediately getting going and making speedy progress is just fantastic. I can't stand being in the car for 30mins and only making 800yds progress - does my head in, I'd rather walk the couple of miles in that time.

Comment

By far the worst wait for me had to be at Yeovil. I was stuck behind some health club

Comment

Working...
                            X