Warnock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The problem with promotion is the club don't get their mitts on the mega-dosh until the end of the season, they embark on a Prem season after having banked peanuts for winning Championship.... But, they go down with a fat wedge and come back up with a big fat parachute payment. This means for the second go, a club like Norwich ought to make a much better fist of things due to being able to afford to buy players in numbers BEFORE the prem season kicked off. Although Norwich were apparently 11th biggest spenders over the summer they dont strike me as having "pushed the boat out", it's hard to think that a team with Grant Hanley in it is seriously tilting at the Prem.
    This is true but Norwich nearly went to the wall a few years ago following relegation, it was only the sale of Maddison that kept them alive so I can fully understand why they are not prepared to push the boat out as you say despite having spent a decent amount, there are no guarantees of survival.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

This is true but Norwich nearly went to the wall a few years ago following relegation, it was only the sale of Maddison that kept them alive so I can fully understand why they are not prepared to push the boat out as you say despite having spent a decent amount, there are no guarantees of survival.
      A lot of clubs spend big just to get there and recoup on promotion. Southampton have generated huge amount of money from transfer sales over the years but still get the odd season when relegation is possible. The odd go at the premiership is fine by me, but I'm happy being a top 10 club in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

A lot of clubs spend big just to get there and recoup on promotion. Southampton have generated huge amount of money from transfer sales over the years but still get the odd season when relegation is possible. The odd go at the premiership is fine by me, but I'm happy being a top 10 club in the championship.
        What if winning the championship got you into the europa league or what ever the one below that is called.

Comment

Working...
        X