Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin

Has Chaz had his time?
    hasn’t looked fit, no pace and no longer an automatic choice to start. I was over the moon when he signed but something has seriously gone wrong.
    is he shot ???

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
    Has Chaz had his time?
    hasn’t looked fit, no pace and no longer an automatic choice to start. I was over the moon when he signed but something has seriously gone wrong.
    is he shot ???
    Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Comment

He can`t run anymore, but still class??
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

He hasn’t really looked fully fit for years but that hasn’t stopped him scoring goals.

He set up Dykes last night, but the shot was blocked.
        he also scored ‘the winner ‘ against Sunderland.

I think he is still capable of getting goals for us this season, but will be used as a sub for many games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          He hasn’t really looked fully fit for years but that hasn’t stopped him scoring goals.

He set up Dykes last night, but the shot was blocked.
          he also scored ‘the winner ‘ against Sunderland.

I think he is still capable of getting goals for us this season, but will be used as a sub for many games.
          Expensive sub........

But as I've mentioned before he'll be cheap if he develops Dykes into a £15m player. I'm sure he'll be heavily involved in his development and there's more to his role than just playing.

Comment

He will always be a QPR legend for all he has given us, but time waits for no one, still going to be a leader and mentor to the youngsters in the squad, but I suspect this will probably be his last season as a player

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
              He will always be a QPR legend for all he has given us, but time waits for no one, still going to be a leader and mentor to the youngsters in the squad, but I suspect this will probably be his last season as a player
              Not with another year on his playing contract still to go it wont be. He'll be on the bench next season for the odd cameo appearance.

But I agree with you, legend and a lot of experience to share with others as he moves into coaching. His wife is a trainee nurse in West London.....so he'll be around QPR for a while yet with eyes on his first managerial job no doubt!

Comment

He joined us on loan after largely being ignored at WBA. He therefore was refreshed and raring to go with a full tank of petrol. To be honest, I thought it was reckless to get him on loan as I thought he only had 45minutes per week in him but I was proved badly wrong.
                However, I think it's all catching up with him and the remorseless EFL schedule is way beyond him. That does not mean he can't still make a big contribution, he just needs to be used sparingly and strategically. In fairness to Warburton, I think he's managing Charlie well.
                But, if he's only available for say, 40% of the available game time, it's kind of incumbent on him to perform well and make an impact in these cameos. One can't expect a footballer to be brilliant 100% of the time though so it simply boils down to Charlie making one or two key contributions in every appearance. I think he's broadly doing that, eg his classy chest down to Dykes last night as mentioned above.

Comment

I think he could end up a decent manager at some point if he goes down that road

Comment

Haven’t we scored in a record number of games in a row since the 60s and are 2nd top scorers in the league? Maybe he just can’t get a consistent run in the side due to the players in the forward areas doing their jobs well .

Comment

Charlie's presence and spot appearances are valuable for club long on potential but short on experience.

With that said, the West London Sport mention that Kelman may rejoin the first team is concerning. Has shown virtually nothing at this level to date, clearly needs League 1 or 2 full time playing experience, and in any event we have a MUCH better January option at hand -- Bonne -- who's lighting it up on his loan assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                        Charlie's presence and spot appearances are valuable for club long on potential but short on experience.

With that said, the West London Sport mention that Kelman may rejoin the first team is concerning. Has shown virtually nothing at this level to date, clearly needs League 1 or 2 full time playing experience, and in any event we have a MUCH better January option at hand -- Bonne -- who's lighting it up on his loan assignment.
                        It sure seems Kelman isn't ready for this level, Gray went off with a knee injury yesterday and was seen with an ice pack wrapped around it post game, it just goes to show how thin we are up top and that Charlie will be counted on, I agree the return of Bonne should help shore up that position!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

It sure seems Kelman isn't ready for this level, Gray went off with a knee injury yesterday and was seen with an ice pack wrapped around it post game, it just goes to show how thin we are up top and that Charlie will be counted on, I agree the return of Bonne should help shore up that position!
                          Can we call Bonne back? Though he was on loan there for the season?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Can we call Bonne back? Though he was on loan there for the season?
                            I thought we could in January just from what I have read on here, by no means am I an expert on how these things work, I do know there are clauses for emergency returns as we have had on loan players recalled by their parent clubs in the past!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

In my opinion we should look to move him onto the coaching staff as soon as possible.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X