Bonne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Do Ipswich have decent players in other positions, or promising youngsters, that could make up a deal?

Matt Penney (23) seems to be their main LB but Hayden Coulsen (23) has a higher value on transfermarkt.

Bersant Celina (25) is an attacking midfielder with a decent value on transfermarkt.
    Luke Wolfenden is a young highly rated ball playing C/Back very similar to Dickie..probably worth more than Bonne although transfermarket shows a crazy valuation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      Watched fa cup game last night between Sudbury and Colchester who had a lad on loan from Ipswich called Dobra , he was very similar to Chair , really impressive.
      Local club Sudbury, was down there cheering them on. The goal scorer Colchester had on load from Fulham looked a decent player.

Comment

Do Ipswich have decent players in other positions, or promising youngsters, that could make up a deal?

Matt Penney (23) seems to be their main LB but Hayden Coulsen (23) has a higher value on transfermarkt.

Bersant Celina (25) is an attacking midfielder with a decent value on transfermarkt.
        I would assume they still owe us the bulk of the transfer fee for Dozzell given the way that transfer fees seem to amortise over the length of player's contract nowadays. Look at how FFC have bent FFP rules by not actually paying anything for Harry Wilson this season despite "buying" him.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I would assume they still owe us the bulk of the transfer fee for Dozzell given the way that transfer fees seem to amortise over the length of player's contract nowadays. Look at how FFC have bent FFP rules by not actually paying anything for Harry Wilson this season despite "buying" him.
          We owe them money not then us.

Comment

We owe them money not then us.
            OF course, my bad. But that's what I mean.... whatever we charge for Bonne, say £3mil, they'd only need to pay us £2.3ish mil and we're all square. They have a kind of "leg up" against any other interested bidders.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

OF course, my bad. But that's what I mean.... whatever we charge for Bonne, say £3mil, they'd only need to pay us £2.3ish mil and we're all square. They have a kind of "leg up" against any other interested bidders.
              Ah, yes.

Comment

Macauley Bonne has been told that QPR will decide whether he stays at Ipswich Town and not him.

“Right now we’ve had some injuries to our strikers. If it’s the right thing to call Macauley back then absolutely we will do. If it’s not the right time then we won’t.

“We don’t want to unsettle a player on loan, but QPR pay his wages and he’s contracted to QPR, so we’ll do what’s right for QPR – and of course what’s right for Macauley as a player.

“If the loan is working well and we don’t need to bring him back then we won’t bring him back.

“However, on Friday night we only had one striker available. If the situation is such then we’ll act in the best interests of QPR.

“Overall, it’s about the club and our team and doing what’s right for QPR.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...tay-at-ipswich

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Macauley Bonne has been told that QPR will decide whether he stays at Ipswich Town and not him.

“Right now we’ve had some injuries to our strikers. If it’s the right thing to call Macauley back then absolutely we will do. If it’s not the right time then we won’t.

“We don’t want to unsettle a player on loan, but QPR pay his wages and he’s contracted to QPR, so we’ll do what’s right for QPR – and of course what’s right for Macauley as a player.

“If the loan is working well and we don’t need to bring him back then we won’t bring him back.

“However, on Friday night we only had one striker available. If the situation is such then we’ll act in the best interests of QPR.

“Overall, it’s about the club and our team and doing what’s right for QPR.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...tay-at-ipswich
                  If we are not going to recall him when we have only 1 striker available, it's unlikely that we are going to do so any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

If we are not going to recall him when we have only 1 striker available, it's unlikely that we are going to do so any time soon.
                    We can't recall till Jan anyway. Come January we prob have all strikers fit.

Comment

Think it's more about the manager telling the player who's calling the shots here. Bonne came out and effectively said he doesn't want to come back in Jan and sit on his backside when he's playing every week and scoring goals although they have dried up a little lately.

The player doesn't control where and how long he plays for another club, that's our decision while we are paying his wages and under contract. I get his frustration at the prospect of being called back because he may be covering injury rather than being based on form. Personally I'd rather he stayed, played and continues scoring which puts us in a good position come summer time.

Cash in or get a player back who is high on confidence and eager to carry on their good form. Win win for me.

Comment

I think we should consider cashing in on him.

Getting a decent fee for him, perhaps £1.5m or something along those lines might be something the club could look at.

Then we could reuse that money to go and get another striker, I have a couple in mind that would be good for us, for example Dwight Gayle, or Luke Jephcott from Plymouth.

Comment

MACAULEY Bonne will remain at Ipswich until the end of the campaign.

The striker joined the Tractor Boys on a season-long loan in the summer and has performed well for the League One side, netting 12 goals in 27 appearances so far.

QPR had a recall option on the 26-year-old but, following discussions between the two clubs, it has been agreed Bonne will stay at Portman Road for the remainder of the season.

Ipswich are currently tenth in the table, eight points outside the playoff spots.

Bonne signed for the R’s from Charlton in October 2020. He has made 35 appearances in all competitions, 26 from the bench, scoring three goals.

Comment

We are too nice. Should have brought him back or made them pay a proper price. With Kelman gone back to Gillingham, must surely be bringing in a forward. If not, very risky.

Comment

Agree it looks risky..it only leaves Armstrong to come in if injuries occur.

Seen Armstrong play for the U23 a couple of months ago and he did look talented with a shoot on sight mentality and very vocal,he faded quite badly in the second half though.

Comment

I honestly think Warburton doesn't care - Dykes, Austin and Gray have all looked a bit lost and isolated up front under Warburton's system. I don't really get what he's thinking but I suspect he's happy to not build our play around a No.9 so he'll be content the three attackers I mention above are plenty to be going on with.
                                If Bonne came back he'd just sit on the bench so he may as well play every week at Ipswich for next 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X