No announcement yet.

Bonne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think warbs will have to look at the strikers come the next window and he may be a option if he keeps scoring

Comment

I expected more from Gray, so unless he improves I would recall Bonne. I thought he was not given a fair chance last season at all and although he is now playing in L1 it looks like he could have done better last season if given half the starts Dykes was.

Comment

He never did much wrong as far I was concerned - possibly a couple of misses he might have tucked away and I think a previous manager had said he needed to be more clinical. But he got in good positions and showed decent technique and I remember him scoring an excellent goal for us. If Ipswich are knocking on the door of the play offs come Jan I could see a deal being done to sell, so we can recoup some of the money we spent in the summer. I also wouldn't mind him back but suspect we might have seen the last of him in an Rs shirt. Re Gray, I was opposed to his signing in the first place as he struck me as the kind of big time Charlie we used to sign - but now he is here, lets get behind him. Fans complain that Bonne wasn't given a chance - well Gray has had even less of one...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          He never did much wrong as far I was concerned - possibly a couple of misses he might have tucked away and I think a previous manager had said he needed to be more clinical. But he got in good positions and showed decent technique and I remember him scoring an excellent goal for us. If Ipswich are knocking on the door of the play offs come Jan I could see a deal being done to sell, so we can recoup some of the money we spent in the summer. I also wouldn't mind him back but suspect we might have seen the last of him in an Rs shirt. Re Gray, I was opposed to his signing in the first place as he struck me as the kind of big time Charlie we used to sign - but now he is here, lets get behind him. Fans complain that Bonne wasn't given a chance - well Gray has had even less of one...
          Recoup some of the money? Brentford signed Ivan Tony for £5m when he was banging goals in in L1. If Ipswich cant afford a decent fee then he can come back to us, as you say.

I agreeI with you that Bonne wasnt given much of a chance before and was sent out to get matches and find his scoring boots. He's done that and he's our player and he should be given another chance at the KPFS

Comment

It's a tricky one with Bonne.

If he was at anywhere other than his boyhood club, it seems a no brainer, we would want him back and more than likely, in January, ie chance of play offs.

But to bring him here, he would probably be third best, even probably fourth in the striker go to hierarchy.

Where at Ipswich, he most certainly is top man.

Also it's not guaranteed his form will transfer to the championship, although obviously its entirely possible, it could.

I think personally he would not replicate the form here if he was brought back ie loving his time at Ipswich.

Think its best all round if he stays there for the season and both clubs negotiate from there and i think what the player himself wishes is key also.

If we offer substantially more than Ipswich and he still wavering, we know where his head and heart truly is.

If he about his complete career going forward and is well versed enough to believe he can still achieve at our level and beyond and displays the desire for this, above playing for the club you support then we move forward for him and see how it pans out...

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
              It's a tricky one with Bonne.

If he was at anywhere other than his boyhood club, it seems a no brainer, we would want him back and more than likely, in January, ie chance of play offs.

But to bring him here, he would probably be third best, even probably fourth in the striker go to hierarchy.

Where at Ipswich, he most certainly is top man.

Also it's not guaranteed his form will transfer to the championship, although obviously its entirely possible, it could.

I think personally he would not replicate the form here if he was brought back ie loving his time at Ipswich.

Think its best all round if he stays there for the season and both clubs negotiate from there and i think what the player himself wishes is key also.

If we offer substantially more than Ipswich and he still wavering, we know where his head and heart truly is.

If he about his complete career going forward and is well versed enough to believe he can still achieve at our level and beyond and displays the desire for this, above playing for the club you support then we move forward for him and see how it pans out...
              Yeah, and it depends whether Ipswich will get promoted too. If they do then perhaps they could afford a decent transfer; because I think he'll only have one year left on his contract with us by then. If they cant afford the fee in any event then perhaps a player exchange can be arranged. I have no idea if they have any promising players like Dozzell that they would exchange?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yeah, and it depends whether Ipswich will get promoted too. If they do then perhaps they could afford a decent transfer; because I think he'll only have one year left on his contract with us by then. If they cant afford the fee in any event then perhaps a player exchange can be arranged. I have no idea if they have any promising players like Dozzell that they would exchange?
                He would have 1 year left but we have the option of a 1 year extension, so it’s really 2 years if the club wish,so we are in a good position. .

Comment

Tricky one because Andre gray isn't doing too bad at all and I think he's a little bit behind him at the current time. If we get promotion which looks a long way off then he will be sold
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Tricky one because Andre gray isn't doing too bad at all and I think he's a little bit behind him at the current time. If we get promotion which looks a long way off then he will be sold
                    Gray is only on loan until the end of the season though, I see Bonne more of a replacement for Austin if anything.

Comment

I'd try and sell him in the January window for anything over £3.5 million. I don't think he will ever be worth more than he's worth right now so it would make sense to cash in. Remember we are a piddly club with a piddly budget, a "selling club". I'd rather sell a player who is not actually here than sell a player who is here, it doesn't disrupt our current season at all does it?

If Ipswich can't afford him I'd say a Sunderland or a Wednesday or a Portsmouth could be tempted to bolster their ranks for a big promotion push.

That £3.5 million could fund a purchase or loan of a full-back or two OR help us fend off any predators circling our jewels like Chair, Dykes, Willock, Dieng or whoever.

Bottom line is Warburton saw Bonne over a season here and then loaned him out. He's not a kid needing development, he's the finished article but surplus to Warburton's plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I'd try and sell him in the January window for anything over £3.5 million. I don't think he will ever be worth more than he's worth right now so it would make sense to cash in. Remember we are a piddly club with a piddly budget, a "selling club". I'd rather sell a player who is not actually here than sell a player who is here, it doesn't disrupt our current season at all does it?

If Ipswich can't afford him I'd say a Sunderland or a Wednesday or a Portsmouth could be tempted to bolster their ranks for a big promotion push.

That £3.5 million could fund a purchase or loan of a full-back or two OR help us fend off any predators circling our jewels like Chair, Dykes, Willock, Dieng or whoever.

Bottom line is Warburton saw Bonne over a season here and then loaned him out. He's not a kid needing development, he's the finished article but surplus to Warburton's plans.
                        I just don’t see a league 1 club paying out that kind of money , maybe we could do a deal in principle with Ipswich for that kind of money should they get promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I just don’t see a league 1 club paying out that kind of money , maybe we could do a deal in principle with Ipswich for that kind of money should they get promoted.
                          I said 3.5 to try and prevent myself from be subjected to a group pile-on. Frankly if we could recoup our outlay on him (2.0?) I'd be happy with the business. We don't have to do anything of course, the gist of my point is right now I consider he has achieved his maximum worth on the transfer market.

Comment

Do Ipswich have decent players in other positions, or promising youngsters, that could make up a deal?

Matt Penney (23) seems to be their main LB but Hayden Coulsen (23) has a higher value on transfermarkt.

Bersant Celina (25) is an attacking midfielder with a decent value on transfermarkt.

Comment

Do Ipswich have decent players in other positions, or promising youngsters, that could make up a deal?

Matt Penney (23) seems to be their main LB but Hayden Coulsen (23) has a higher value on transfermarkt.

Bersant Celina (25) is an attacking midfielder with a decent value on transfermarkt.
                              Watched fa cup game last night between Sudbury and Colchester who had a lad on loan from Ipswich called Dobra , he was very similar to Chair , really impressive.

Comment

Luke Wolfenden is a young highly rated ball playing C/Back very similar to Dickie..probably worth more than Bonne although transfermarket shows a crazy valuation.

Comment

Working...
                                X