Johansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johansen

Anyone else a bit disappointed in him so far this season ? He was quality when on loan last season but seems a shadow of himself so far .He seems lightweight, doesn’t track his runners and doesn’t seem to be influencing games like he should.He’s playing like a bit of a luxury player so far but we can’t afford our captain to be under performing if we are going to kick on , it seemed like Dom Ball was everywhere last night while Steff didn’t really get involved.I know there’s a class player in there but he needs to start stepping up especially as he’s captain.

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Anyone else a bit disappointed in him so far this season ? He was quality when on loan last season but seems a shadow of himself so far .He seems lightweight, doesn’t track his runners and doesn’t seem to be influencing games like he should.He’s playing like a bit of a luxury player so far but we can’t afford our captain to be under performing if we are going to kick on , it seemed like Dom Ball was everywhere last night while Steff didn’t really get involved.I know there’s a class player in there but he needs to start stepping up especially as he’s captain.
    To be fair you could say the same for a few players at present not performing, Dieng imo been poor a few times Jordy don’t look like he’s got a full game in him and looks slow at times but chair looks at times as if he’s sat in one last couple away games been tough but it’s mistakes once again costing us points not being ripped apart. Stef got that swagger that can be a bit lazy but I still say our form down to losing Wallace as much as stef being below par

Comment

Agree. He’s a part of the reason why we we are shipping so many goals. Far too many spaces down the middle, and seemingly no willingness/desire to track runners or bust a gut and make tackles. Which is a worry. His opposite number just drifts past him with far too much ease.

He’s great on the ball but poor off it. It’s concerning. Interestingly at Fulham he played in a 3 man CM. Kevin MacDonald at CDM, with Johansen and Cairney as number 8s. In my opinion, it’s becoming increasingly obvious as to why.

Comment

I would have to agree with this. Not been massively impressed with him however we all know there is a decent play in there. He was giving the ball away to many times before he came off and doesn’t track the runners (Barnsley game was a good example of that). He has had a couple of good games I thought he played well against Bristol city last weekend was just a shame about the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Agree. He’s a part of the reason why we we are shipping so many goals. Far too many spaces down the middle, and seemingly no willingness/desire to track runners or bust a gut and make tackles. Which is a worry. His opposite number just drifts past him with far too much ease.

He’s great on the ball but poor off it. It’s concerning. Interestingly at Fulham he played in a 3 man CM. Kevin MacDonald at CDM, with Johansen and Cairney as number 8s. In my opinion, it’s becoming increasingly obvious as to why.
          Yeah spot on , I know that Field will improve our midfield but we need to find the right combination in there that gets the best out of our captain and probably our best player but I haven’t seen it so far this season . He hasn’t played in any of the cup games yet seems to be struggling to deal with the physicality of it all .

Comment

His mobility looks compromised and certainly a passenger when out of possession

Too many of our players in the squad also appear to be injury prone or not ever fully fit to complete 90mins.

Comment

His passing last night was very poor, to the extent I was questioning why so many people on here were demanding for us to give him a permanent contract.
              Admittedly I didn't get to see him much last season, and everybody has an off day, but I've been slightly disappointed so far.

Comment

Stef is being asked to play a deeper role which doesn't suit his game. He's not a ball winner, isn't that quick and wont win a 50/50. He needs to play higher up the pitch. That's why he was so good last year as he is able to pick a pass in the final third. He is the best passer at the club. I was more annoyed that yet again chair was a passenger last night but gets left on for 90 mins and cost us a draw or even a win. We need andre to step up now and rotate our squad a bit. Adomah needs to start and but we are in trouble at left wing back with no natural options.

Comment

You wouldn't know that Stefan was on the pitch last nite , seen players running past him all season . As said ok with the ball but doesn't do enough to go get it

Comment

I sometimes wonder ...we have not been out of the top 6 for most of the season have got further in the league cup since 2008 competing on equal terms with a pretty strong premier league side ..we have scored in every game have had hte best record of 2021 behind Man city - yet alot of our players are underperforming?

i think it is probably the exact opposite - up until the last couple of games our players have been over performing and playing out of their skins!

3 defeats -last night - Bristol and Bounemouth all the odd goal loss form an individual mistake.

but hey if the Glass is half empty its difficult to fill!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      Stef is being asked to play a deeper role which doesn't suit his game. He's not a ball winner, isn't that quick and wont win a 50/50. He needs to play higher up the pitch. That's why he was so good last year as he is able to pick a pass in the final third. He is the best passer at the club. I was more annoyed that yet again chair was a passenger last night but gets left on for 90 mins and cost us a draw or even a win. We need andre to step up now and rotate our squad a bit. Adomah needs to start and but we are in trouble at left wing back with no natural options.
                      Agree. We seem to overplay due to having Johanson, Chair and Willock. I also think that the loss of Field comes into this. I would prefer to have just the two from three rather than all three on at the start of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        I sometimes wonder ...we have not been out of the top 6 for most of the season have got further in the league cup since 2008 competing on equal terms with a pretty strong premier league side ..we have scored in every game have had hte best record of 2021 behind Man city - yet alot of our players are underperforming?

i think it is probably the exact opposite - up until the last couple of games our players have been over performing and playing out of their skins!

3 defeats -last night - Bristol and Bounemouth all the odd goal loss form an individual mistake.

but hey if the Glass is half empty its difficult to fill!
                        The original post was just a question about peoples thoughts on Johansen so far , not saying the side is either under or over performing.I agree with other posts that he does his best work further forward but that would mean leaving out Willock or chair , so it’s a tough one .

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                          His passing last night was very poor, to the extent I was questioning why so many people on here were demanding for us to give him a permanent contract.
                          Admittedly I didn't get to see him much last season, and everybody has an off day, but I've been slightly disappointed so far.
                          From hero to villain is the key word here. When did our upturn in form begin last season?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

From hero to villain is the key word here. When did our upturn in form begin last season?
                            When Austin arrived, I’m specifically asking about fan’s thoughts now he is a permanent signing, regarding his form so far .

Comment

I think he had a not so good match last night but has been ok overall, even last season I questioned his ability to track back at times, he is a good player but will not shine every week, I hope his injury is not too serious, Amos adds some depth to that midfield and I have been real impressed with Dom Ball this season!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X