Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    I've got a postcard size team picture of 1934/5 squad and the first name on it is Jones. Message me and I will post it to you.
    I seem to be struggling to find how to send a DM, can you message me so I can reply?

Comment

Originally posted by SwanseaBen View Post

I seem to be struggling to find how to send a DM, can you message me so I can reply?
      This MB does not have DM facilities

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

This MB does not have DM facilities
        Explains why then haha!

For those who can send anything, email is Benjones94@icloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by SwanseaBen View Post

Explains why then haha!

For those who can send anything, email is Benjones94@icloud.com
          Sorry though I found an image but it was Glasgow Rangers!

Comment

Ben there's a reason you are doing this right now.
            Your great grandfather is telepathically contacting you and telling you your true team is the hoops not the swans.
            He is trying to save you great heartache by pushing you towards the Rs!!

Comment

Ben, try ringing

www.alamy.com

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Ben there's a reason you are doing this right now.
                Your great grandfather is telepathically contacting you and telling you your true team is the hoops not the swans.
                He is trying to save you great heartache by pushing you towards the Rs!!
                the way our pre season has gone, I think you may very well be right mate lol!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  I've got a postcard size team picture of 1934/5 squad and the first name on it is Jones. Message me and I will post it to you.
                  Sorted e mail sent and acknowledged. Made my day being to help someone.

Comment

Very much appreciated, thank you everyone for your help, glad I’ve been able to finally put a face to him and I’m immensely proud to know he’s just a small part of the history of a fantastic football club. Take care, and hopefully I’ll be able to make the trip to Loftus Road this December!

Comment

Just a quick update, my great grandfather was signed by QPR from North End FC, a former Swansea league side, they were the best team in Swansea for the majority of the 20th century, before being dissolved some time ago. My grandfather (Charlie’s son who was also Charlie) actually played for them in the 50’s and 60’s. Quite mad really how he went from playing local league football to QPR. I could have understood if he signed for Swansea first then signed for the R’s but to go straight from Swansea to QPR is a bit of a mad transition.

Comment

Hi Ben,

Going to contradict you and there is another new avenue to explore. I overlooked sending along with the rest of the bundle the fact that the R's according to the official records signed him from Southend United in 1932. I was trying to look up the friendlies and FA games to see if this was how he was discovered or if he made more appearances.. Found this news instead. Maybe North End FC played Southend Utd in a FA game as it was fairly wide open even then, perhaps more.

Comment

Oh and something even better, he wore the clubs most treasured number...........................10!! Now how good is that!

Comment

A bit of a jump, but R's lost twice to SUFC 30/31 and won 1 draw 1 31/32. Is this where he was seen and tapped up due to his performance ? Next trip SUFC message boards?

Comment

I have extracted what is my last discoverable fact. In addition to the Bournemouth programme to hunt down, there is his debut game 10th September 1932 at Loftus road against Crystal Palace. R's running out 2-1 winners but Charlie not on the scoreboard.

Comment

I’ve been on the Southend boards, and done as much as I could myself, although there were Jones’s playing for Southend around that time, there was even a charlie Jones but unfortunately, it wasn’t the one I was hoping for. A Southend fan managed to find him on the English National Football Archives website and it only lists North End and QPR as his clubs! Can’t find any proof at all that he played for Southend or anyone else after leaving QPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X