No announcement yet.

We Need Another Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ramkilder was injured for yesterday it hardly bodes well for him being third striker with his medical history.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post

All other areas of the squad are covered well imho.
      With regard to the Right Back position - There has been mention of Moses Adubajo proving his fitness which I assume he has done. Does anyone know if his fitness concerns relate to his 2016/17 knee injury which he came back from in March 2018 or has he had more recent history? I'm just trying to understand if we can expect a full season out of him if he signs. I know anybody can get injured but if he is likely to miss many games during the season do we have enough back up in Kakay at RB?

Comment

I do expect us to sign another striker, probably on loan. However, even if we don't this has been a huge window for us. No major losses so far and lots of good quality players have come in. Almost perfect but another striker would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
          I agree we need another striker as back up to Dykes and Austin . Kelman needs a league 1 loan in my opinion having watched him yesterday he still looks raw and I wouldn’t want to rely on him should our main 2 strikers get injured.We haven’t replaced Bonne yet.
          Agree totally. I thought letting Bonne go out on loan that another striker was incoming. I still think that Bonne was an adequate 3rd option for this season if no other was joining.
          Kelman needs a half season loan to a League 1 side.

Comment

“Quality strikers” don’t want to sit on the bench, and actually we’re a mid table championship club who are broke, so should be grateful we have one ffs…if we get stuck we may have to play some youth. Sinclair Armstrong should be knocking on the door in the 2nd half of the season, if early reports are to be believed and there’s Ramkilde. Lad seems cursed, but the brilliant coaching staff are keen, so that’s enough for me

Comment

I am expecting a loan signing as well but it doesn`t really work out for us does it. Mlakar, Will Keane, Macheda, Dellatore just to name a few. Although I really liked Elanga and read somewhere we were interested. Maybe try and find an experienced striker who isn`t PL quality anymore. We are obviously not spending any more money so gotta use the loan market.

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post
                “Quality strikers” don’t want to sit on the bench, and actually we’re a mid table championship club who are broke, so should be grateful we have one ffs…if we get stuck we may have to play some youth. Sinclair Armstrong should be knocking on the door in the 2nd half of the season, if early reports are to be believed and there’s Ramkilde. Lad seems cursed, but the brilliant coaching staff are keen, so that’s enough for me
                Austin was generally subbed at 60mins last season and Dykes will get suspensions and international games. A third striker will get played.

Comment

Don't forget we also have Sean Adarkwa who is scoring goals in pre season games for the U23s.
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench a few times before the end of November.

Comment

Would Kelman, Armstrong and Ramkilde not suffice as third options? Couldn't we always recall Bonne too if we have an injury crisis?

A loan wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think it would be another Mlakar standard player.

Comment

Working...
                    X