We Need Another Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need Another Striker

Johansen is an excellent signing. With respect to the owners and directors for this and all the other signings. The owners are going for it this season.

However, I don't think we have enough strikers.
    We should have bought a replacement when Bonne left on loan. If we lose Austin or Dykes especially Austin where are the goals going to come from?

Austin is our only out and out goalscorer. We don't want to lose with an injury. I think we must have a least 4 strikers at the club. The other 2 pushing the other 2.

We must bring in another striker on loan before the window closes the end of August. Not to do so imho could be very costly. We do not have enough good cover in this area.

All other areas of the squad are covered well imho.

I'm still optimistic that Norwich will upgrade their strikers and we might get Hugill back on loan.

Comment

Willock can be used as striker but I think we will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
        Willock can be used as striker but I think we will be ok
        No he can’t . We definitely need another decent striker or as op says could cost us

Comment

In Warbs we gotta trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

No he can’t . We definitely need another decent striker or as op says could cost us
            Yes he can & so can Kelman, everyone to their own opinion

Comment

Plus whisper it quietly but Ramkilde has knocked in a couple for the U23s.

Comment

I expect a striker to arrive on loan

Comment

I agree we need another striker as back up to Dykes and Austin . Kelman needs a league 1 loan in my opinion having watched him yesterday he still looks raw and I wouldn’t want to rely on him should our main 2 strikers get injured.We haven’t replaced Bonne yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Yes he can & so can Kelman, everyone to their own opinion
                    yes kelman can play up front as his a striker
                    I never know if you are serious or not

Comment

Agree to have a really serious shout at promotion we probably need a third striker. But lets not be greedy. If this is the squad then its miles better than we could have expected and the board has delivered every player/ position we have been calling for as a fan base. Feel more optimistic than I have since the Adel years. Even our last promotion season I never really felt that much affection for/ pride in the squad as Harry's mercenary (borderline corrupt) influence seemed to permeate the team. My only concern this year is that expectations are going higher and higher and when we go through the inevitable rough spell, will the fans stay behind the team? I hope so. Even with these signings there are probably a dozen clubs in this division with much bigger budgets so top six would be overachieving big time.

Comment

I think we will wait until Jan transfer window & see how we are doing in league & injuries (hopefully not)

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          Plus whisper it quietly but Ramkilde has knocked in a couple for the U23s.
                          Did he get game time yesterday - any reports?

Comment

No & not one of subs either

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Did he get game time yesterday - any reports?
                              Did't play for the U23's either. They won 3-2 at Braintree. Adarkwa scored two for us and Armstrong one.

Comment

Working...
                              X