X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Bob day

Happy Bob day to you all zamooooraaa

Comment

Our fans was a sight to behold. Loved it.

Comment

Happy BZ day Rs!

Comment

Comment

Comment

One of the best days of my life, so far!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1396798136878653445

Comment

I was at the final in 67 that was a great day for a 12 year old.
                  I got more excited when Bobby scored,I was sitting right in line with it soon as he hit it I new it was in. Fantastic day.

Comment

When we got the Red Card I figured we were in real trouble as Derby had already been dominating the game, there seemed an inevitability to the proceeding, my second trip to Wembley and it looked like it was going to end in disappointment again, I was telling myself it was still worth the thousands of dollars I spent to come to England for 4 days! As the match inched closer to extra time I wondered if maybe we could just hold on and take our chances in penalties then it happened out of nowhere, Junior Hoilett who was covering an awful lot of ground playing almost as a wingback in a back 4 made a tackle and got up off the deck to put in a hopeful cross and in a split second the ball was emphatically heading into the back of the net right in front of us! I was stunned, it was almost surreal, I immediately thought can we hang on, the board had just come up with 3 minutes on it, it seemed like a lifetime to that final whistle but when it blew the scenes were incredible, strangers hugging each other, tears of joy, just incredible and a day I will never forget!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

I had flu, full on flu, felt awful. After Derby threatened to overwhelm us I thought we were defending solidly and I was half hopeful we would hold on for penalties.

Junior did well to win the ball, poor cross, deflection, remember seeing Bobby go to hit it, didn't even occur to me for some reason he might score. Took a few seconds to sink in that we had actually scored, total disbelief. Went ballistic, jumping around the room screaming, with my throat sounding like two vocal cats trying to kill each other, dogs scattered to the wind, partner thought I was being murdered. Football can bring out some serious raw emotion. Women don't really get it, which I appreciate is perhaps not the most PC thing to say ...

Comment

It doesn’t matter how many time I watch this goal...as we press the Rs fans raise it a notch...& then the World stoped....BZ. as only he cud do adjusted his feet and beautifully stroked the ball in...absolute mayhem...my Lad had decided to have a quick pee before extra time so actually missed the momentous moment...still along with Furlongs winner Vs Oldham my favourite footy moment...
                        my lad capped the day off by watching The Stone Roses....awesome 24hrs......& just how good was Dunny that day?....

Comment

The whole day was out of this world, from the sea of blue and white flags that the club had put on every seat, the constant singing, the whole atmosphere. To say we were underdogs is an understatement, all the pundits had only one winner, and it wasn't us. Took the Mrs and both my lads, the neighbours across the road who's an R (rare around these parts) his lad, my best mate and his lad (lifelong Rs)
                          As a truly optimistic R, I didn't really think we had a chance, but just wanted to enjoy the day for what it was. It was a bit like the final in Cardiff in that respect.
                          Derby were dominant most of the game, I think we only had a couple of shots on target all match, and after O'neill was sent off, (I actually thought it was Barton from where I was) I just prayed against all hope we could hang on for penalties.
                          When Hoilett seemed to lose the ball I thought it was going straight back down the other end, he never seemed to be the battling type, but when he got it back and they didn't really close him down, I was hoping for a decent cross, but it was crap, Christ knows what Keogh thought he was doing, then it fell the Bobby, and I still didn't think he would score from there.

The noise when it hit the back of the net, every Rs fan was screaming at the top of their voices. I couldn't believe it. TBH I don't remember much of the last few minutes, it was just kind of surreal.

It was the best day football wise of my life. I must have watched the goal literally hundreds of times over the years. I stll have half a dozen of the flags.

Comment

On a side note: Happy belated birthday to my favourite singer/ song writer Bob Dylan!!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              On a side note: Happy belated birthday to my favourite singer/ song writer Bob Dylan!!
                              80 isn't he?

He's always looked old
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X