X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player of the year

See the offish have some categories, no loan players allowed
    The 3 I voted in were......
    Poty.................................Seny Dieng.

Ypoty........ .....................Chris Willock.

Goal of the season.....Rob Dickie, although there were some very good contenders.
    I chose RD because he was a defender who hit it like striker.

​​​

​​​​

Good choice, Dave!

I cannot remember that I have felt so good about QPR for ages - even when we played ok but couldn't buy a win before the turn of the year! We have got our QPR back - we saw the beginning of that already last season. It starts from the top and filters down all through the organization - a small family club that is now well run again and performs much better than we could expect given our budget. Ferdinand and Warburton might be the faces to the outside world, but it is about the entire set up from top to bottom, with loads of hard working, competent coaches and staff. Its attractive football, passion and togetherness and an ability to bring youth through and make average players look good.

The fact we have 5 solid candidates for player of the year says a lot - Dieng, Dickie, Chair, Willock and I cannot believe I say it: Lyndon Dykes. Based on average score per match Dykes is far behind Dieng. But I have never in my life as a QPR supporter seen a similar turn around as Dykes. His mental strength must be immense. In some strange way, Dykes symbolizes QPR. It has been painful to support the Rs from the time Warnock was sacked until recently, but all of a sudden we peak. It has been like watching Dykes this season. Some might think it is something that suddenly clicks from one day to the next, but it is the result of years of work, putting one brick on top of another.

Still, my votes end up mirroring that of Dave, but had the season lasted another ten matches Dykes could easily have nicked it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
      Good choice, Dave!

I cannot remember that I have felt so good about QPR for ages - even when we played ok but couldn't buy a win before the turn of the year! We have got our QPR back - we saw the beginning of that already last season. It starts from the top and filters down all through the organization - a small family club that is now well run again and performs much better than we could expect given our budget. Ferdinand and Warburton might be the faces to the outside world, but it is about the entire set up from top to bottom, with loads of hard working, competent coaches and staff. Its attractive football, passion and togetherness and an ability to bring youth through and make average players look good.

The fact we have 5 solid candidates for player of the year says a lot - Dieng, Dickie, Chair, Willock and I cannot believe I say it: Lyndon Dykes. Based on average score per match Dykes is far behind Dieng. But I have never in my life as a QPR supporter seen a similar turn around as Dykes. His mental strength must be immense. In some strange way, Dykes symbolizes QPR. It has been painful to support the Rs from the time Warnock was sacked until recently, but all of a sudden we peak. It has been like watching Dykes this season. Some might think it is something that suddenly clicks from one day to the next, but it is the result of years of work, putting one brick on top of another.

Still, my votes end up mirroring that of Dave, but had the season lasted another ten matches Dykes could easily have nicked it.
      When I was playing amatuer football there used to be an award for the 'most improved player'. Dykes would win that by a landslide.

Comment

POTY Would have to be Dieng for me been outstanding, probably edges out Dickie , Willock been very good to since he's came in looks an exiting prospect, GOS either Dickie's smasher v Boro or Dykes Diving Header v Sheff Wed

Comment

Same as Dave, great write up re Willox.

https://the72.co.uk/233322/wengers-s...remier-league/

Comment

Player of Season, Dieng or Dickie. Both done well.

However, Player of 1/2 season, ie since January, Willock, Barbet, Dykes and Wallace, excluding loans, would give them a run for money.

Keep majority of them for next season, sign Austin or Johansen, we might finish in play off position.

Comment

I'd give Dickie player of the season, closely followed by Dieng, both have been great. My personal pick would be Lyndon. He has had to work through alot, he's always put in the effort, though no one ever doubted that, but to show up every game after that frankly terrible goal scoring record takes some doing. Now he's turned it around he's surely won over most of the doubters, definitely me. The player that turned our season around on the pitch is Stef no doubt, maybe Charlie behind the scenes.

Short answer, Dickie.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                I'd give Dickie player of the season, closely followed by Dieng, both have been great. My personal pick would be Lyndon. He has had to work through alot, he's always put in the effort and no one ever doubted that but to show up every game after that frankly terrible goal scoring record takes some doing. Now he's turned it around he's surely won over most of the doubters, definitely me. The player that turned our season around on the pitch is Stef no doubt, maybe Charlie behind the scenes.

Short answer, Dickie.
                Agree with all of that, Dickie edges out Dieng, it is great that we can have a bit of debate on this which means we have some good players in the team and most are young and should improve!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Dieng and Dickie both deserving candidates. I'll probably make myself unpopular for saying it but I would also throw in Barbet as a wild card.

Agree Willock as young player of the season - think he's going to become a big, big player next season and we are going to have to battle to keep him.

Comment

Dickie for me , young player willock ... Goal dom balls winner at LR

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                      Good choice, Dave!

Yeah agree Oslo, Dykes even with his first half could've got it with this run of form.
                      I did think about Dickie and Barbet but for me the keeper has been so consistent, even when we lost he had a decent game and kept the scoreline down.

Comment

Dickie and Chair for me.

Comment

Roll of Honour
                          • Sportito Supporters’ Player of the Year – Rob Dickie (40% of vote) | Runner-up: Seny Dieng (35%)
                          • Ray Jones Players’ Player(s) of the Year – Rob Dickie & Seny Dieng
                          • Daphne Biggs Supporters’ Young Player of the Year – Ilias Chair (60%) | Runner-up: Chris Willock (36%)
                          • Junior Hoops Player of the Year – Ilias Chair | Runner-up: Rob Dickie
                          • Kiyan Prince Goal of the Season – Rob Dickie v Middlesbrough A (46%) | Runner-up: Dom Ball v Cardiff City H (36%)
                          • Supporter(s) of the Year – James Doe & Luke Webber

Comment

Working...
                          X