Rejuvenated Wallace earns new QPR contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejuvenated Wallace earns new QPR contract

An option to extend Wallace’s contract by 12 months will be triggered after the Scot’s impressive run in the side

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...l-isnt-certain

Good news , that’s a strange situation with Field , why would the club not have started him lately so that he would have started 12 games to trigger the option of signing him , something doesn’t add up , I wonder if we actually are keen to sign him after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      Good news , that’s a strange situation with Field , why would the club not have started him lately so that he would have started 12 games to trigger the option of signing him , something doesn’t add up , I wonder if we actually are keen to sign him after all.
      Agreed, very strange. You would think we are deliberately not starting him so that the clause is not triggered. Maybe we have other options or ideas now . Let’s not forget Caroll and Amos will be back

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Agreed, very strange. You would think we are deliberately not starting him so that the clause is not triggered. Maybe we have other options or ideas now . Let’s not forget Caroll and Amos will be back
        Yeah , or maybe the thought is we can’t afford to keep all the loanees next season and we would rather keep the others , who knows , I’m sure it will all come out soon . If that’s the case I’d be disappointed he’s a good player , a good age that would have a sell on value too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

It's QPR's OPTION to buy if he makes 12 starts though isn't it, not a commitment. I hope we sign him, he seems good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yeah , or maybe the thought is we can’t afford to keep all the loanees next season and we would rather keep the others , who knows , I’m sure it will all come out soon . If that’s the case I’d be disappointed he’s a good player , a good age that would have a sell on value too.
            That lad from Swindon may be in the mix?

Comment

Good business with Wallace, we have certainly seen what he can do when fit and playing as a WB, it's a tad risky for a guy his age because the downward spiral can be quick, one year is fair for club and player! My big question is whether Nico is good enough to play lots of minutes there and I haven't been really convinced he can so far, maybe we will see more of him in the final 3 matches!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Good on Lee, he has looked ALOT better since the new year. Worthy. Still think we need cover there but good enough to continue and deserves it, would rather spend the cash on the other side of defence.

Can only think Fields wages or fee would be a stumbling block the lad seems sound, keen, is good and in a position we need depth. No brainer surely.

Comment

Think Brom wonna keep him. Hope not and we can afford Field

Comment

Just goes to show in Warbs we have to trust. Not too many on here were happy with Lee when he got him in.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      An option to extend Wallace’s contract by 12 months will be triggered after the Scot’s impressive run in the side

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...l-isnt-certain

Well deserved based on his form in 2021. Also, as a 1 year extension , it is not too bad a gamble should he get injured again.

Strange one about Field as he has looked good when he has played in midfield and I would have thought Warburton would have wanted to sign him unless he thinks that Thomas is a better prospect and of course has Amos to come back.

Comment

I'm long enough in the tooth to have seen a LOT of players at the end of their contract suddenly pull their fingers out to earn a new/extended contract. Ditto with loan players who suddenly go to pot once we make it permanent.
                        That said, Lee Wallace seems to have earned the extension and I expect him to remain a useful player in the squad. A proper close season and a full pre-season should set him up nicely for the new campaign. However, I'd feel even better if we found another left-back (and right-back) over the summer as competition and/or back-up and/or a successor to Lee. I just don't see Nico as the answer at LB I'm afraid.

Comment

Agree about another LB/LWB because I don’t think Hamalainen is the answer. Hopefully he will go out on loan again.

Comment

It’s a juggling act to get the best players in for the correct positions on a tight budget. Glad the club has stuck by Wallace, his 2nd half of season form has been a revelation with the switch to playing wing backs, the system seems to be made perfect for him. I’d stick with Nico - as a back up if it means we can save money in that area that we can spend on other areas of the squad though. Field is a cracking player imho and compliments Johansson so well, they are an excellent pairing in CMF. I’d love to see us sign all of the loan players, as they are the reason for our upturn in form. It depends on the ambition of the club how much we want promotion next season if we keep them all. Time will tell, but it’s so refreshing looking forward rather than worrying about a relegation scrap at this time of year! You Rrs!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X