X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season has been a big success...

....Fact!
    Agree?
    A dozen clean sheets so far. On course to beat our points total for last season.
    This after losing 5 first team regulars and what was it 40 odd goals?
    One of them our best player we've seen for years and main play maker.
    Despite many fans calling for his head, ( guilty myself) Mark Warburton is the man to take this club forward.
    The football when playing well is a joy to watch.
    Happy Easter ...we don't have an egg smiley!

Completely agree, but damn we would've been in massive trouble had the Jan loans not come in. We've been on promotion form since then and we are only mid table. Proves how tough the league is and how bad our start was.

Right man to take us forward? Until next season yes. Give him this squad, plus another RWB and striking option and if we are not in the top 6 next year it's another man to take us up. Top 6 finish next year or very close to it and then yeah he's nailed on for another year or two.

Comment

Exactly the response I was looking for topfor.
      Agree without those January loans we might have been in a difficult situation.
      But this is my aim to discuss.
      What makes a good season.
      Remember many a times under different managers in the prem we would start off wobbly and achieve mid table.
      Always looked back on those managers as successful, Francis etc.
      So surely we have to take the season as a whole.
      Some fans can't "forgive" the start.
      Not just on here but various forums

Comment

Good post. Agree that thus far, it has been a success. Losing Wells, Hugil, BOS and Eze was a huge blow but without the loans we would undoubtedly still be in trouble.

I know we are all saying the same thing but keeping the 4 loanees particularly Charlie and Johansen will be key. My gut feel is that Stephan will go back to Fulham because I can see them going down. I think Charlie will want to stay and will take a huge pay cut but let’s see.

Cameron can’t keep going on and on so keeping a fit De Vijs will be key.

I really like the look of Field and with Amos and Caroll coming back we could be ok.

We need Dykes and Bonne to come good too and it’s game on.

Most positive I’ve felt in years!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Exactly the response I was looking for topfor.
          Agree without those January loans we might have been in a difficult situation.
          But this is my aim to discuss.
          What makes a good season.
          Remember many a times under different managers in the prem we would start off wobbly and achieve mid table.
          Always looked back on those managers as successful, Francis etc.
          So surely we have to take the season as a whole.
          Some fans can't "forgive" the start.
          Not just on here but various forums
          Not to get political, but the UK will remember being the first truly free country from covid, it'll be vaccinated and more open than NZ, Aus where the threat of lockdowns still hangs over them, anywhere. After a pretty poor handling of the situation at the start it's been turned around. The vaccine saved Boris' political career and Charlie and co. saved Warbs. This season will be remembered as a success.

Next year is square one and the higher we finish the higher the bar is set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
            Good post. Agree that thus far, it has been a success. Losing Wells, Hugil, BOS and Eze was a huge blow but without the loans we would undoubtedly still be in trouble.

I know we are all saying the same thing but keeping the 4 loanees particularly Charlie and Johansen will be key. My gut feel is that Stephan will go back to Fulham because I can see them going down. I think Charlie will want to stay and will take a huge pay cut but let’s see.

Cameron can’t keep going on and on so keeping a fit De Vijs will be key.

I really like the look of Field and with Amos and Caroll coming back we could be ok.

We need Dykes and Bonne to come good too and it’s game on.

Most positive I’ve felt in years!

Agree totally Mem.
            The club feels right again.
            Optimism will be sky high amongst support if we can get Stefan and Charlie here permanently

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Not to get political, but the UK will remember being the first truly free country from covid, it'll be vaccinated and more open than NZ, Aus where the threat of lockdowns still hangs over them, anywhere. After a pretty poor handling of the situation at the start it's been turned around. The vaccine saved Boris' political career and Charlie and co. saved Warbs. This season will be remembered as a success.

Next year is square one and the higher we finish the higher the bar is set.
              I'm not so sure about Boris, but yep agree with Warbs.
              But we're still playing the Warbs way, just better players getting better results.
              I think if we can sign up some real quality rather than potential we can get better

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                ....Fact!
                Agree?
                A dozen clean sheets so far. On course to beat our points total for last season.
                This after losing 5 first team regulars and what was it 40 odd goals?
                One of them our best player we've seen for years and main play maker.
                Despite many fans calling for his head, ( guilty myself) Mark Warburton is the man to take this club forward.
                The football when playing well is a joy to watch.
                Happy Easter ...we don't have an egg smiley!
                If people don't agree then they aint living it reality

Comment

Season ain't finished yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Another point I was trying to make abs

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      True, Dykes could get four hat tricks in the next four games and we'll be discussing whether he should be the fans player of the year.

Comment

I agree with poster,I'm sure if any fan was offered safety on 53 points with 8 games to spare in December they would have grabbed it .
                        we look decent ,playing well,winning games and have a good chance of finishing higher than last season,which is progress.
                        I was also guilty of wanting Mark gone but hope he signs new 2 year deal now .
                        He is doing a good job and if we can hold on to loan players for new season I'd be optimistic we could challenge for the play offs ( no mini league next season) .
                        Let's finish the season with a top half spot ,and build from that for next season.

Comment

Agree with you Rebel.

Comment

To He turnaround has been great , look forward to games now . Finally beating those mugs Brentford the high point for me

Comment

Working...
                            X