Chair is selfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair is selfish?

He's got talent, he's an asset to the team, he can score, create chances and unsettle opposition, as well he draws attention from defenders.

Now that's out the way, he's a selfish player, who has this season consistently gone for goal and failed or dithered the ball away. Not all of the time, but enough for it to be noticed IMO.

Some of this is down to his team mates not getting into positions, or maybe he's not had faith in them doing the job, perhaps his own self belief? Nothing wrong with confidence but it's cost us, or has potentially cost us as he'll refuse to lay off or feed players through. Trouble being he's got skill but not enough to be that selfish. Tarbs for example could be as selfish as he wanted in 2010, he was a one man army, Chair is no Tarbs.

The ball to Wallace yesterday to setup goal 1 was class, why isn't he doing that more often? It's his job as a number 10. 3 assists all season, over 50 shots, double any player other than Dykes, for 8 goals, he's our top scorer, but how many more would others have netted had some of those attempted shots been passed? The goal yesterday was flukey, it was an average shot straight at their keeper and it was fluffed, pretty sure he robbed the goal from Willock against Wycombe but any player would do the same.

Maybe he's been told play this way? It's a frustrating argument/point to make as he's good, i like him, we need him or players like him. I just get this feeling that he has ideas above his station and he'd be a better player himself and for the squad if he focused on those around him rather than his own ambition and the goal.

I disagree.

Yes, he can do better and is often frustrating to watch, but he doesn't just play for himself. He has set up plenty of chances for his teammates this season, but most were squandered.
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      I disagree.

Yes, he can do better and is often frustrating to watch, but he doesn't just play for himself. He has set up plenty of chances for his teammates this season, but most were squandered.
      ​​​​​​​
      Agree and let’s not forget he is still young and learning his trade and will only get better, if anything he needs to improve his finishing , if he does he is capable of 15 goals a season.

Comment

So was Tarrabt.
        But whatta player.

Comment

Working...
        X