Dieng / Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieng / Lumley

We have Dieng on a long contract and he has nothing to prove. I think Lumley should play the remainder of the season to see if he's got his confidence back and can perform better in front of a more stable back line.

Hopefully a run to the end of the season will determine if he's going to be offered a new contract, or be first choice next season if an acceptable offer comes in for Dieng.

Lumley has to play to find out where we are with him.

The reason I would wait to play Lumley is I think Dieng is much better and gives us more of a chance to win, as far fetched as it may seem we still have a mathematical shot at the play offs and benching your #1 to experiment sends the wrong message, there has been some talk of big $$$ coming in for Dieng, sitting on the bench wouldn't help showcase him! I am all for Lumley getting some games in once the play offs are well beyond us, he could be an important piece for us if Dieng was to move on and I would like to see if he has got some confidence back, one match is not enough!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Astonishing to think that despite having Dieng waiting in the wings Warburton failed to recognise Lumley should have been taken out the firing line much earlier which IMO destroyed a very promising career at QPR.
      It’s obvious Lumley and the club feel his future lies elsewhere with a breakdown in contract talks.
      Too little too late Warburton trying to big up Lumley performance and attitude yesterday.
      Nick Pope in the England team looks set for a similar fall in grace for exactly the same reason as Lumley which is distribution..

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
        Astonishing to think that despite having Dieng waiting in the wings Warburton failed to recognise Lumley should have been taken out the firing line much earlier which IMO destroyed a very promising career at QPR.
        It’s obvious Lumley and the club feel his future lies elsewhere with a breakdown in contract talks.
        Too little too late Warburton trying to big up Lumley performance and attitude yesterday.
        Nick Pope in the England team looks set for a similar fall in grace for exactly the same reason as Lumley which is distribution..

Dieng wasn’t even at the club when Lumley was dropping clangers , he was out on loan .

Comment

Nah not Lumley, you play your best side & that includes Deing being number one, what did Joe do yesterday? not a lot & probably I could’ve been in goal against them as they rarely threatened

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Dieng wasn’t even at the club when Lumley was dropping clangers , he was out on loan .
            That does not excuse Warburton huge mistake in firstly sending Dieng on loan and continuing to pick Lumley when he also had brought in Liam Kelly.

Im sure you also realise loans can be recalled especially Keepers !

Comment

Best players should play.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

That does not excuse Warburton huge mistake in firstly sending Dieng on loan and continuing to pick Lumley when he also had brought in Liam Kelly.

Im sure you also realise loans can be recalled especially Keepers !
                Maybe Dieng needed the loan to prove he is capable of being the keeper he is today , the club did the right thing in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Best players should play.
                  Agree , Dieng should play .

Comment

Lums was good yesterday and looked confident. I think its good that we have 2 good uns in our ranks. QPR have always had great keepers over the years.

Dieng for me has to play out the season.

Comment

Dieng definitely for me.

Comment

always play your best team! Dieng is the best keeper we have had since Jan stesjkal ..first name on the team sheet

Comment

Dieng should be playing imo, the more he plays and does well, the higher the value of him goes up, which is vital if the club decides to cash in on him in the summer.

As for Joe Lumley, as much as I think he did well yesterday, I dont see him sticking around the club, we already have the likes of Dillion Barnes, Joe Walsh coming through and I would expect them both to be given greater opportunities to come through, we have also got Liam Kelly coming back as well from his loan spell.

Overall, I think Lumley will be on the released list come the end of the season.

Comment

Lumley's wages are miles too high - I'm dubious we would actually offer him any new contract but, if we did, it would be on terms at least 60% lower than he has now. I'd imagine his ego would mean he'd reject it and become a free agent and spend weeks/months seeing if any clubs offer him a contract. I suppose he could then slink back to us if nothing materialises and accept our offer, but like I say, I cant actually believe Warburton would want 3/4 years more Lumley so I'm unconvinced we have actually tabled an offer.

Comment

I would sell or release the following players this summer.
                              Cameron, Wallace, Lumley, Kelly, Kane and a few more.
                              We need 2 fast young wing-backs on both flanks. Wallace has been excellent recently but I would release him this summer.

Very important the owners do their best to negotiate deals with the 4 loanees. I think we will sign Field and De Vies. See if we can buy or loan Johansson. And get Austin also.
                              It's all about negotiations. Anything can be negotiated.

Cash Flow is tight at the business we all know that.
                              This summer we will see how much ambition the QPR owners have. How badly do they want the business to be back in the Premier League? I look forward to seeing what they do this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X