Time to leave W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Westfield site when retail finally dies by year end in favour of online suppliers.
    That might be a option one day , shops closing everywhere. I never bought anything online before lockdown

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

100% agree.

You look at clubs like Brighton, who have done extremely well since they moved from the Withdean, their ground now is one of the best in the country.

tbh, we should be aiming for a new stadium in and around Greenford, Ealing or Acton where possible if we cant secure a site in W12.

I personally would look at moving in with Ealing Trailfinders, maybe look at working with them to build a 20-25k capacity venue on their current site which the club could jointly share with.

I know Ealing are a strong rugby union outfit and they are after going into the rugby premiership so a 20-25k capacity venue would fit them perfectly as well as us.

for me I think its a no brainer if the LC option doesnt work out.
      Hi
      I am a Danish supporter, therefor i dont know mutch about the areas in London.
      But if you Google Ealing, it has a population of 342000, is the third largest borough in London, and just at our doorstep
      It has no footbal club of its own, so shoud make good sense to build a new ground there

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

That might be a option one day , shops closing everywhere. I never bought anything online before lockdown

The thing is Westfield may opt to close their White City place and just have the Stratford one which has scope to be a bigger building than the WC site, that means the club could approach them and buy the freehold of the site, maybe for a couple of million quid perhaps. We could then perhaps offer to the council other things such as affordable housing on the site which is a pressing issue in and around London as part of the development of the site into a 25-30k seater stadium.

Also the existing LR site could be turned into social housing as well as some kind of community hub included.

Also, you already have the Central Line at Shepard's Bush and White City, the Hammersmith and City Line at Wood Lane as well as the Overground at Shepard's Bush.

The Club already have a decent presence in the area so its a no brainer if the option did ever come up, which if the current retail downturn continues, which I do believe it will, could be a viable site to go for.

Comment

Another option for a new stadium is at the old Kensal Rise Gasworks.

Apparently that site is 15 acres and its not far from Westbourne Park Tube Station.

According to the Brownfield Site Register, it is not permissioned, so maybe an option for the club to look at?

Comment

Originally posted by turbo View Post

Hi
            I am a Danish supporter, therefor i dont know mutch about the areas in London.
            But if you Google Ealing, it has a population of 342000, is the third largest borough in London, and just at our doorstep
            It has no footbal club of its own, so shoud make good sense to build a new ground there
            It doesn't work like that. There's no civic pride within London boroughs - they are just administrative areas. You can't think of Ealing as a "town" - it's just a random bit of London defined by lines on a map. I'd imagine a lot of our fans hail from the London Borough of Ealing already, the idea that Ealing is bereft of a team to support doesn't stack up - they just hop on the 207 bus down the Uxbridge Rd to W12.
            Just look at Google Maps for areas of space..... Wormwood Scrubs/Old Oak Common is a vast expanse barely half-a-mile from LR that is tailor made for a new ground. It's ridiculous that we don't already have a shovel in the ground there.

Comment

There are lot of QPR fans in the Ealing area especially in the Greenford and Northolt region but do't think there's much space in Ealing to Build on Quite dense population too

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                There are lot of QPR fans in the Ealing area especially in the Greenford and Northolt region but do't think there's much space in Ealing to Build on Quite dense population too
                one option is to maybe team up with Ealing Trailfinders and look at building a 30k capacity venue on their existing site in ealing

Whilst it is being built, they could move in with us at Loftus Road and hold their matches at our ground.

Looking at their existing site, its possible to build a new stadium on it with sufficient capacity.

Move the club to Ealing and share it with them if W12 isnt possible imo.

Comment

The old watneys brewery at mortkake has just got planning for another 2 thousand homes in top of the 5k they are already going to build . Not saying we should of gone for this , just pointing out there are sites there if the club look hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

one option is to maybe team up with Ealing Trailfinders and look at building a 30k capacity venue on their existing site in ealing

Whilst it is being built, they could move in with us at Loftus Road and hold their matches at our ground.

Looking at their existing site, its possible to build a new stadium on it with sufficient capacity.

Move the club to Ealing and share it with them if W12 isnt possible imo.
                    Transport links to that area not to great nearest tube Perivale & Ealing Broadway fair jog from both though and a few buses

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Transport links to that area not to great nearest tube Perivale & Ealing Broadway fair jog from both though and a few buses
                      There is a nearby National Rail station nearby at Castle Bar Park.

Maybe the club could fund improvements to these station as part of any deal and put more trains on matchdays?

Comment

Buy the Madeski Stadium that will do Reading not far from me lol

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          Buy the Madeski Stadium that will do Reading not far from me lol
                          Buy the madeski and knock it down

Comment

Working...
                          X