No announcement yet.

Time to leave W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock down the the the stadium and rebuild it from the ground , I'd imagine we've searched far and wide and spent a few bob on trying to find somewhere new

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Knock down the the the stadium and rebuild it from the ground , I'd imagine we've searched far and wide and spent a few bob on trying to find somewhere new
      Not possible, been looked at before, houses to close and land footprint to small.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
        Whilst I respect your opinion, I think this is a little short sighted.
        In a modern stadium you would attract football supporters, people taking the family/kids for a day out at the football. These will then become the QPR fans of tomorrow. I can't see anyone going for a nice day out at LR, because it's a shithole. Don't get me wrong, it's our shithole and I love it, but it's not going to attract new fans.
        I'm sure that there are quite a few R's fans who are getting a bit to old to try and fold themselves into seats with no legroom, who might start coming again to a shiny new stadium with good facilities.
        You have to have the product to sell, before you can sell it to anyone. Until we have a shiny new stadium, we can't sell it to the crowds who will come.

I have been singing from this hymnsheet for years now.

A new stadium with better seats, views and facilities will bring in new fans, just as it has at clubs like Reading, Southampton Leicester Derby Stoke etc.

Forget past attendances, a reasonably successful QPR Premiership club will increase the fan base even further.

As for the LC stadium what is the hold up? We can't keep on waiting for H&F to make a decision. QPR's owners can afford to buy it from the council, then redevelop LR as housing and sell the properties as Arsenal did to help finance the whole thing.

Comment

Make sure we have enough land so that we can build a car park and charge away fans £10 for parking. I've spent so much over the years and it's about time we do the same.

I'd build a 40k stadium and sell the ST tickets really cheap, the rest can be sold cheaply to tourists.

We could give away tickets to the local schools and charity.

Comment

Building a new Stadium would be no problem for our owners being in the construction sector with their steel and such.
            I can imagine a ground on par with Spuds but a little smaller. Just cant wait for it.
            Just give H&F an ultimatum.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I have been singing from this hymnsheet for years now.

A new stadium with better seats, views and facilities will bring in new fans, just as it has at clubs like Reading, Southampton Leicester Derby Stoke etc.

Forget past attendances, a reasonably successful QPR Premiership club will increase the fan base even further.

As for the LC stadium what is the hold up? We can't keep on waiting for H&F to make a decision. QPR's owners can afford to buy it from the council, then redevelop LR as housing and sell the properties as Arsenal did to help finance the whole thing.
              All those teams are one team towns so a bit different..... If I landed in london today I'd chose Chelsea , brentford or Fulham before us . It's enevitable we will move one day but be careful what u wish for

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                I can honestly say Loftus Road is holding us back, those who say we need to fill Loftus Road first need to look at the impact of a modern new stadium would have. I have been to most parts of the stadium and I can honestly say it is not comfortable and puts many off. Our hospitality is so out dated and while I believe the club does the best it can with what it has it really is sub standard for a club in 2021.
                So I agree with the OP, of the council do not want to support us we should take our business else where. If the Pandemic has taught us anything its the value of people moving around in an area generates lots of trade. local pubs, shops , takeaways will all suffer for us going and in return it will take money away from the council.
                However, if they have vision and support us we can help generate lots more revenue's.

Personally, I think we need to resolve this situation soon. The club needs to draw a line in the sand and look for other sites soon.
                100% agree.

You look at clubs like Brighton, who have done extremely well since they moved from the Withdean, their ground now is one of the best in the country.

tbh, we should be aiming for a new stadium in and around Greenford, Ealing or Acton where possible if we cant secure a site in W12.

I personally would look at moving in with Ealing Trailfinders, maybe look at working with them to build a 20-25k capacity venue on their current site which the club could jointly share with.

I know Ealing are a strong rugby union outfit and they are after going into the rugby premiership so a 20-25k capacity venue would fit them perfectly as well as us.

for me I think its a no brainer if the LC option doesnt work out.

Comment

When this topic periodically surfaced in the past it used to depress me how many posters would start getting all misty eyed about LR and saying it was fine and there was no need to move. There are some posts above suggesting caution but there doesn't seem to be a single poster still clinging onto the idea that LR is okay and we should just stay put.
                  I think this is a pivotal decade for the club where we need to sort out the stadium and the team or risk becoming the Tranmere Rovers of London and unable to attract new fans to watch 2nd class football in a cramped poorly-appointed stadium with awful views. The modern fan is weaned on a magnificent 55" UHD TV picture and will refuse to pay £30+ to contort themselves into a cruddy little seat with their view obscured by a stansion.

Comment

Have to say I too was surprised how most responses have been in favour of a move, and fed up with the delays and seemingly uninterested council.
                    QPR have had a few homes, so one more in London, nearby wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Drove over chiswick bridge y'day from Barnes . Opposite where Roko gym is they've cleared a big piece of land . I'm sure if the powers that be widen their search there is land to be had

Comment

Drove over chiswick bridge y'day from Barnes . Opposite where Roko gym is they've cleared a big piece of land . I'm sure if the powers that be widen their search there is land to be had
                        That looks like a decent site.

Only 2 miles away from LR and right next door to Chiswick Station.

I suggest you email it to the club. Your on to something.

Comment

All those teams are one team towns so a bit different..... If I landed in london today I'd chose Chelsea , brentford or Fulham before us . It's enevitable we will move one day but be careful what u wish for
                          True, but getting tickets to Chelsea is not easy given their support and stadium size.

There are still football fans out there to attract into a new stadium. As MYU wrote, cheap STs, giveaway to schools, local charities etc will get fans in, especially if the team is successful in the Championship. Once promotion is acheived tourists and new fans will want to watch Premiership football at the new ground.

As for moving out to Chiswick, yes why not. It's still local and quite easily accessible. This club has moved around quite a lot in the past and could easily have been called Queens Park Wanderers.

P.S. I don't really care if the 'fans ' are just temporary whilst we are in the Premiership. Their money is as good as any of our hardcore fans.

Comment

I’m not advocating that we stay at Loftus Rd but would have concerns on moving to LC Stadium under a lease agreement that was spoken about.

It certainly proved to be a bad decision on Coventry City ambitions at the Ricoh.

Comment

Westfield site when retail finally dies by year end in favour of online suppliers.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Westfield site when retail finally dies by year end in favour of online suppliers.
                                Could work that.

Comment

Working...
                                X