Top 10 QPR managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    Dowie ? He only had a handful of games .
    17 games and the highest win percentage of any QPR manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post

17 games and the highest win percentage of any QPR manager.
      He was doing ok, but sacked after drawing 0-0 away at Swansea, they had their GK sent off in first half & didn’t have a replacement on bench, don’t think Flav liked what he saw as we couldn’t break them down

Comment

Stock
        Jago
        Venables
        Sexton
        Francis
        Warnock
        Di Canio

Comment

I notice Wiki cites Gordon as still alive 89/90. if he does not come to this site ,it would be nice if he could be advised how well regarded he is.
          Strangely, despite Alec's place in our history I can recall prior to 1967, after some bad runs ,people after a game chanting 'Stock must go'. This was pre Jim Gregory era so those fans might have gotten their way and Wembley glory may not have ensued. Stock's master stroke in recruiting Les Allen, Jago's Frank Mc. . Notwithstanding the talent of Sexton''s team, it would not in my opinion have been anything like without Frank.

So for me it is Gordon/Alec joint first

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            I'm sorry but naming of Traore,Suk Young, L Young, Carroll, Keane and Doyle as superstars that should've carried us over to the title is just plain wrong.
            Traore was awful, Suk Young was an unknown who did ok but no superstar.
            Luke Young and Doyle were past it, and Keane well frankly wouldn't score in a brothel and barely any better now.
            Carroll is/was just Carroll, nothing spectacular.
            Btw we also had Ravel Morrison.
            None of this matters, the championship is brutal.
            We're not the first or last team to discover that, but alot of those were contracts that couldn't be broken irrc.
            Also, we only fell down from 2nd to 4th because both our main attackers, Austin & Phillips got injured during a 3 day spell and the former only returned to the team late on in the season. they were replaced by Doyle and the useless Keane resulting on losing out on automatic promotion.

The deficit was added to by Redknapp, but as you point out (and I have too on previous threads, we were stuck with a number of players on high wages because we couldn't break their contracts or pay them off (i.e. Johnson, Zamora, SWP, Hoilett to name some). Redknapp didn't sign all those players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

He was doing ok, but sacked after drawing 0-0 away at Swansea, they had their GK sent off in first half & didn’t have a replacement on bench, don’t think Flav liked what he saw as we couldn’t break them down
              I too was disappointed with that performance, but Flavio was an idiot to sack him and only did so because Dowie wouldn't let him interfere with team selection.

Comment

This is a great thread but surely the answer is personal to us all, unless its based on stats. I remember Jim Smith, but my love for QPR really developed while Gerry Francis was manager. So my list looks way different.

Gerry Francis,
                Neil Warnock,
                Ian Holloway
                Redknapp

Each one of the above I hold great memories of as a fan.

Comment

Working...
                X