Loan rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikechaj View Post
    Not sure how you can compare Carroll with Johansen. Carroll isn’t even on the same planet. Lightweight, quiet and fades alarmingly in games. Johansen is a leader with drive and is a far more complete player. For me the jury is out on Amos as I can’t work out what type of midfield player he actually is - not a defensive player, nor an attacking one. Maybe he will develop but for me Johansen is the biggest reason this team has started to look like a cohesive unit. Of course Austin has been a massive influence (we must do everything to keep him) and Field/de Wijs have added drive and strength but we have to keep Johansen next season.
    Sorry, I should have read more responses on this thread before writing similar thoughts.

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;n2556645]
      Originally posted by Pal View Post
      I think De Wijs and Field are a shoo in as they had options to buy as part of the loan deals.

I'd love Chaz to stay but understand that this will probably be his last contract and he needs as much dosh as he can to see him into retirement.

The one I wouldn't push is Johansen, not because I don't rate him, but he will be quite pricey and we have Amos and Carroll to come back.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Carroll did not even come close to influencing matches the way Johansen has and most on here were nowhere near as impressed with Amos last season as Warburton (granted, he may have faired better this season when fully fit).
      Johansen would be great to keep but gut says it'll be hard to justify him and Charlie unless one is willing to take a big pay cut, and both may be 'owned' by relegated teams, though Charlie is out someone on here said they have an option to extend.

Standard QPR approach would be to expect Carroll to fill Johansens shoes, and we sign Jordi/Field. Charlie is the most likely to stay on.

Comment

[QUOTE=topperharley;n2556648]
        Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Johansen would be great to keep but gut says it'll be hard to justify him and Charlie unless one is willing to take a big pay cut, and both may be 'owned' by relegated teams, though Charlie is out someone on here said they have an option to extend.

Standard QPR approach would be to expect Carroll to fill Johansens shoes, and we sign Jordi/Field. Charlie is the most likely to stay on.
        Carroll couldn't tie Johansen's shoelaces let alone fill them.

Comment

[QUOTE=stanistheman;n2556651]
          Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Carroll couldn't tie Johansen's shoelaces let alone fill them.
          Agree Johansen is a different level to Caroll, he drives us on and gets in the box.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2556653]
            Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agree Johansen is a different level to Caroll, he drives us on and gets in the box.
            Yep, but still the least likely to stay on. Depends on what hes on a fools i guess.

Comment

[QUOTE=topperharley;n2556656]
              Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yep, but still the least likely to stay on. Depends on what hes on a fools i guess.
              Oh, I don't disagree with you on whether he joins given what he earns, just saying that Carroll is nowhere near the player Johansen is. So yes, I want QPR to do their best to agree terms with him, or at least find another player on his level i.e. Mowatt rather than give a new deal to Carroll.

Comment

I'm not comparing Johansen to Carroll or Amos, I think he's head and shoulders above them (literally) just saying we are unlikley to pay the sort of wages he would cost when we already have these two on the books, and are likely to keep hold of Field.

Ideally we would move those two on and use the money to bring Johansen in. I just don't think the philosophy of the club will change enough to make this happen.

Comment

I think Field and De Wijs are pretty much guaranteed perms as the club have the option for a permanent deals in them, I would defo look at exercising the option to make the loans permanent once the season is over. Been really impressed with them both.

Johansen really wants to stay, in fact he says that he is already talking about making the loan permanent, that does pretty much also indicate that some kind of talks are going on with Austin's agent as well.

If we want to get Austin and Johansen, then we may to more than likely have to get rid of Wallace and Cameron, possibly one or both Carroll/Lumley

For me Cameron is a no brainer, I dont really rate him tbh.

Wallace might be worth offering a reduced wage, but I dont think hes staying tbh.

Overall I think the club should be seriously targeting getting all four loans made permanent, along with a new striker and a Left Back.

Getting six signings in must be the aim in the summer.

If we can do that, then we are in a strong place.

Comment

Johansen could be our next "Shaun Derry" and thus worth the investment/outlay? One thing, it's early days..... I'd want to stay level-headed and assess all our personnel at end of season. 10 more games and things might like a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                      I think Field and De Wijs are pretty much guaranteed perms as the club have the option for a permanent deals in them, I would defo look at exercising the option to make the loans permanent once the season is over. Been really impressed with them both.

Johansen really wants to stay, in fact he says that he is already talking about making the loan permanent, that does pretty much also indicate that some kind of talks are going on with Austin's agent as well.

If we want to get Austin and Johansen, then we may to more than likely have to get rid of Wallace and Cameron, possibly one or both Carroll/Lumley

For me Cameron is a no brainer, I dont really rate him tbh.

Wallace might be worth offering a reduced wage, but I dont think hes staying tbh.

Overall I think the club should be seriously targeting getting all four loans made permanent, along with a new striker and a Left Back.

Getting six signings in must be the aim in the summer.

If we can do that, then we are in a strong place.
                      Excellent post! Completely agree. Love to see all 4 loans signed, and a couple of other additions. Cameron, Carrol, Lumley and Kelly all released for me

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Excellent post! Completely agree. Love to see all 4 loans signed, and a couple of other additions. Cameron, Carrol, Lumley and Kelly all released for me
                        I'd go further and get Kakay sold on, maybe Nico stays not sure. Need a right wing back aswell, not a left back either, a wing back.

I also think we have a striker in the making coming through the ranks.....save afew quid there.

Don't see the value in dropping Carroll, good squad player.

If we sign these loanees then loan afew more next year on build on that I think we're looking at something more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                        X