No announcement yet.

Warburton Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do only all Europeans play the warbs way?
    I believe the way we play is very entertaining and I personally would like to keep that.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Do only all Europeans play the warbs way?
      I believe the way we play is very entertaining and I personally would like to keep that.
      Totally agree, bloke has done minor miracles with this squad, look at who left us before the season started, was it around 45 goals scored by players who left, of course he has his faults, very few managers haven’t, people on here call for a European manager, however can never suggest any names. Judge Warburton next season by his results, only way to judge how they are doing.

Comment

Think the Breadmans future is assured for next season, the Loanee's have made a massive difference and transformed the team , if we could persuade them to join, and move some of the deadwood, think we'd be in good shape for next season maybe not a promotion push but at least challenging for a play off spot or just outside

Comment

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...on-his-backing

Les Ferdinand has backed Mark Warburton, declaring that the QPR manager has “done an absolutely fantastic job” this season.

The director of football was asked about Warburton’s position during a fans forum on Tuesday evening.

Comment

Hard one, as my previous view on Warburton was he was good at setting out a good passing team but never had a plan B. However in recent weeks I have seen him change things on the pitch and also giving him the personnel has seen a sharp improvement. Before the Transfer window Warburton was dead in the water... Post he looks like a brilliant manager.

Moving forward I think the question is, would anyone else want to work under our strict approach to finance?

So based on the above, and with hope that at least some of those brought in during the January window will sign contracts I believe we should give him another contract. However I think expectation for next season should be challenging for playoffs. Not winning the league but certainly not fighting relegation

Comment

It’s been fine margins all season, even when results weren’t going our way before Xmas. The experience and know how of the loan players have now tipped those fine margins in our favour.All you can ask of your manager is to keep progressing and improving and it seems like we are doing that . The plan B nonsense that was aimed at Warbs has been put to bed , we’ve played 4 at the back , 5 at the back , 1 up front , 2 up front , his subs against Reading putting Johansen ahead of 2 holding midfielders changed the game in our favour.He has done enough to carry on next season , in fact we should also be aware of other clubs noticing our progress that may also want his services and be actively thinking who our next manager should be if that was to happen.

Comment

I think Warburton will be staying.

I think most of us was calling for him to be sacked at Christmas (me included!) but the turnaround since the new year has been great to see.

tbh I'm not actually all that fussed about whether we get playoffs or not for the next few years, focus for the next few years is to get the finances back to a decent shape so then we can be competitive towards the playoff spots again.

Again, we cant expect overnight miracles to happen, its going to take time for us to be financially secure again, so best approach is now.

I think the summer is going to be busy again for us, getting rid of deadwood and bringing in players that fit the clubs approach.

Lets get behind Warburton and the team.

Comment

I personally don’t like the term “fine margins” being used to justify a team being able to be competitive in this league.

Before the New Year our team continually made some very basic mistakes in defence which dictated a change in formation and style of play that better suited the players available.

Our results also significantly improved when a proven goalscoring Striker and a combative and intelligent M/Fielder were brought in.

These changes were not “fine margins” they were Foundation Stones that were not in place at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                    I personally don’t like the term “fine margins” being used to justify a team being able to be competitive in this league.

Before the New Year our team continually made some very basic mistakes in defence which dictated a change in formation and style of play that better suited the players available.

Our results also significantly improved when a proven goalscoring Striker and a combative and intelligent M/Fielder were brought in.

These changes were not “fine margins” they were Foundation Stones that were not in place at the start of the season.
                    Those players that came in January, clearly tipped the margins in our favour.You only need to look back at home games v Reading , Bristol City , Birmingham, Middlesbrough etc. that either team could have won . The experience and know how we have now would have seen us pick more points from them games .Warbs has been banging on all season about small margins and he’s right .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Those players that came in January, clearly tipped the margins in our favour.You only need to look back at home games v Reading , Bristol City , Birmingham, Middlesbrough etc. that either team could have won . The experience and know how we have now would have seen us pick more points from them games .Warbs has been banging on all season about small margins and he’s right .
                      My point is bringing in those on-loan players and a change of formation/tactics is not “fine margins” .There is a big gulf in ability in the players that made way for the loans and is clearly seen in our points per game since.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                        My point is bringing in those on-loan players and a change of formation/tactics is not “fine margins” .There is a big gulf in ability in the players that made way for the loans and is clearly seen in our points per game since.
                        I think we are both saying the same thing but in different ways , we have lost tight games to Huddersfield and Derby both 1 0 and that’s even with the loan players playing.This league is all about small margins , how many teams have we smashed or been smashed by all season ?It just hasn’t happened.

Comment

The loanee's have changed the team drastically also starting players like Willock who's been very effective since he started games having Dieng in goal instead of Lumley, But the Loanee's have changed it all until they came this team was only going one way DOWN, which meant the Breadman would've lost his job!

Comment

It's simples really, judge Warburton when he has the players at his disposal to do well, I think we all agree last year was a mess, we'll allow him that, and the start of this season we were below par on talent. Other managers are what if's this and that, Warbs is here, and with a poor squad he did poorly, with a better squad he is doing much better.

So he can't turn water into wine but they guy can manage a decent squad of players into a side in promotion form.

At the moment I see no other manager doing a better job, and any other unknown manager present a huge risk, and what this club does not need at the moment is a huge risk.

So he stays.

Comment

Warburton has done an excellent job on an ever shrinking budget. Even when we were doing badly earlier in the season I was pleased we finally had a style of play and also a strategy and were sticking to it - rather than changing direction/ manager every two minutes which had become our style. But he hasn't been pig headed and has tweaked the formation to grind out results. I really don't think we could ask for more.

I'd just caution about next season. I read the Les/ Mark comments as "unless Austin and Johansen take MASSIVE wage cuts we can't sign them." So again it will bargain basement buys or loans to supplement the squad. If we are following the Brentford model keep in mind its taken them years and they are still blowing promotions (haha). Their data-driven model for recruitment is light years ahead of ours (and alarmingly was why Warburton left Brentford - prob the one thing that concerns me about him). Brentford buy players according to hard stats, not Harry style "he's a triffic lad, the fella"- and how they develop and sell on players proves that works. But even then they can't get into the Prem so lets not put too much pressure on the club. We are making great strides but the rebuild / new stadium/ new biz model will take years, maybe decades.

Comment

I'm afraid we all have to wake up and smell the coffee.
                                This club is not going to be premier League club probably ever again.
                                Les has clearly stated in the forum we sell sell sell.
                                Ok he then gives out this propaganda line of its where we are right now, and we're selling to progress.
                                I'm adamant that selling to progress is total ######.
                                You can't progress by selling your best players.
                                Ultimately you run aground and the ship sinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X