Positive post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive post!

If someone had said to me a couple of months ago when we were 2 points off the bottom 3 and on a dreadful run that we would be just 2 wins off safety with 11 games to go - I would have said no chance. Let’s be honest, we were never going to make the play offs so let’s enjoy the next 2 months and hope for a good transfer window.

We’re doing ok!

I agree, but I fear with 2 wins off safety and 11 to go, there may be a tendency to take the foot off the gas.

There is, after all, plenty of time to get those results.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
      I agree, but I fear with 2 wins off safety and 11 to go, there may be a tendency to take the foot off the gas.

There is, after all, plenty of time to get those results.
      46 points (what we currently have) may well be enough!

Comment

Ian Holloway thought he led QPR to safety a few years ago and took things in a relaxed manner and promptly lost 7 out of the last 8, staying up only with that last win.

However, I do agree to some extent with your opening post. Lets try and enjoy what remains of this season and hopefully we will better last season and finish in the top half on around 58-60 points.

My main gripe is that we play too slow with too many passes sideways and backwards allowing opponents time to regroup and shut us out.
        34 goals from 36 games is testament to that.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Ian Holloway thought he led QPR to safety a few years ago and took things in a relaxed manner and promptly lost 7 out of the last 8, staying up only with that last win.

However, I do agree to some extent with your opening post. Lets try and enjoy what remains of this season and hopefully we will better last season and finish in the top half on around 58-60 points.

My main gripe is that we play too slow with too many passes sideways and backwards allowing opponents time to regroup and shut us out.

Exactly that!

(And it hasn't been the only time. we've eased off)

Comment

A positive post gets dampened by a harsh case of revisionist history!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

I'm very confident we will do it and hopefully with a few games to spare

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                If someone had said to me a couple of months ago when we were 2 points off the bottom 3 and on a dreadful run that we would be just 2 wins off safety with 11 games to go - I would have said no chance. Let’s be honest, we were never going to make the play offs so let’s enjoy the next 2 months and hope for a good transfer window.

We’re doing ok!
                Exactly my pov

Comment

I've said this many times , we can be losing 2 nil and still over play it in our half .

Comment

I have another positive note. It's not all bad follwoing a team with lower expectations, losing, winning, sporadic success.

I watched Man Utd West Ham last night. What a #### game, until United scored a rubbish own goal, the game was torrid. Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw the only players worth watching. Now when you're looking at the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Rashford and thinking they're playing crap you realise what it's like to be a United fan. When you watch them play, you have an expectation that they'll score, or not mess up, or close down, or get into great positions.

Basically you expect to win, meaning when you do it just doesn't feel as good.

I like not always winning. Underdog. Excitement. Debate. Challenge. What do United forums talk about? Bruno is pony? hahahaha, probably what rims they'll put on the Range Rover next month.

Although I would prefer to win more often, and I'd like a Range Rover too why not.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      I have another positive note. It's not all bad follwoing a team with lower expectations, losing, winning, sporadic success.

I watched Man Utd West Ham last night. What a #### game, until United scored a rubbish own goal, the game was torrid. Mason Greenwood and Luke Shaw the only players worth watching. Now when you're looking at the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Rashford and thinking they're playing crap you realise what it's like to be a United fan. When you watch them play, you have an expectation that they'll score, or not mess up, or close down, or get into great positions.

Basically you expect to win, meaning when you do it just doesn't feel as good.

I like not always winning. Underdog. Excitement. Debate. Challenge. What do United forums talk about? Bruno is pony? hahahaha, probably what rims they'll put on the Range Rover next month.

Although I would prefer to win more often, and I'd like a Range Rover too why not.
                      I`m a Norwegian so I`m probably biased, but I guess they are looking for an opportunity to drive their young and upcoming manager out..

QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                        A positive post gets dampened by a harsh case of revisionist history!
                        not really, just hoping they don't relax too much.

Anyway, who wants to watch games where the players look as if they are already on the beach (or whatever) and thinking of their summer holidays and pre season plans/next moves etc - something that has happened at clubs every end of season (not always the same clubs). over the last 20 seasons or so, we have seen clubs drop from mid table into the drop zone, or clubs switching off after the League Cup final (whether they won it or not - usually the former).

Comment

Feeling even more positive now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                            Feeling even more positive now!!
                            I wasn’t feeling to positive last night an hour into the game when we should have been 4 0 down but credit where it’s due , we turned it around.

Comment

not really, just hoping they don't relax too much.

Anyway, who wants to watch games where the players look as if they are already on the beach (or whatever) and thinking of their summer holidays and pre season plans/next moves etc - something that has happened at clubs every end of season (not always the same clubs). over the last 20 seasons or so, we have seen clubs drop from mid table into the drop zone, or clubs switching off after the League Cup final (whether they won it or not - usually the former).
                              If I was a QPR player I'd do my best whilst still looking forward to a week in Vegas in a penthouse apartment which I'd share with three top class hookers.

Comment

Working...
                              X