What's going on at Rotherham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on at Rotherham?

I see their game yesterday and their upcoming midweek game have been postponed due to Covid in their ranks. They had 2 games called off for same reason earlier in season too. Our game there was frozen off and is scheduled for April I believe.
    Christ knows how they can shoehorn these outstanding games into the remaining schedule - they are storing up big problems for themselves and I can see Bees and Hatters grumbling about having their chances blighted by probably now having to play 4 games in 8 days at some point purely cos Millers can't seem to maintain a covid secure bubble like vast majority of other clubs can.
    They must be on thin ice with EFL should they incur any further infection and postponement - can see the league demanding they field an XI of reserves/kids or forfeit the game.
    Be interesting to see how this plays out given we are one of the outstanding fixtures, albeit one that has already got a date.

I totally agree with all your points,its not fair on teams around Rotherham ( I'm not including us btw).

Comment

Normal date to finish the season is Sat 24th April. Rotherham now have games on Tues 27th Apr, Sat 1st May and Sat 8th May. They could get another one in on Tues 4th May. Also they dont have any games scheduled from 20th Mar to the 2 Apr so they get another two game in there if needed.

The Play off Final is on the 29th May so any teams involved would still have time to play the semi finals and have a break before the final.

The relentless Tues/Sat has allowed for postponements due to the condensed season. It will get done in time for the semis and final play off games for impacted teams.

Comment

They are taking the p#ss just forfeit the games to the other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          Also they dont have any games scheduled from 20th Mar to the 2 Apr so they get another two game in there if needed.
          That is the international break, so there won't be games fitted in then.
          They should forfeit all the games yet to be rescheduled, that will teach them to organise a covid secure regime like every other team seems to have managed.

Comment

Why couldn't they schedule games in the International break if neither side has any players involved in International duties?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
              Why couldn't they schedule games in the International break if neither side has any players involved in International duties?
              Even rubbish clubs have internationals. We have a few, I'm sure Bees and Luton must have some too. Only thing, I dunno how Covid restrictions sit with international travel?

Comment

In the NFL, teams were getting fined as well as the players every week for breaking protocol. For instance a Quarterback got Covid and he didn't protect himself against the other QBs so all of them had to miss out on the game even though they were negative. The team had to play without a QB. I know some might not care about NFL but the point being made is that there was fines for teams constantly getting Covid and one team broke it so much, they have lost a couple of draft picks which the equivalent would be in football, they have a transfer ban for a season. So how can one sport be strict on the matter and in this sport, nothing happens, especially to Rotherham.

Comment

Belligerent lot Yorkshire folk = COVID hotspot.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                    There's nothing to suggest that the club or players have broken any rules though is there? Unless there is evidence of any wrongdoing it'll be difficult to punish anyone.
                    The fact they keep getting it means they are not being careful. Rotherham are not in the top 20 highest infected areas. There is no reason for the same club to keep having Covid outbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Normal date to finish the season is Sat 24th April. Rotherham now have games on Tues 27th Apr, Sat 1st May and Sat 8th May. They could get another one in on Tues 4th May. Also they dont have any games scheduled from 20th Mar to the 2 Apr so they get another two game in there if needed.

The Play off Final is on the 29th May so any teams involved would still have time to play the semi finals and have a break before the final.

The relentless Tues/Sat has allowed for postponements due to the condensed season. It will get done in time for the semis and final play off games for impacted teams.
                      The league can't let that happen. If the league has finished with one team having up to 4 games left and knowing exactly what they need from those 4 games then that is unfair. The other teams will have played those games in a different mindset not knowing if they needed a win or whether a draw would be enough.

Comment

Maybe their pigeons or whippets have covid and they keep re infecting

Comment

Working...
                        X