Midfield Might...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midfield Might...

Field and Johansen forged the best midfield duo we have seen for quite so time at QPR. Fine seeing Ball come off the bench, or others getting game time, but these two may create control and pressure long absent from the middle of the pitch. Also excited about Jordy's debut; rock solid. Hopeful he will start taking more of the game time in the middle of the back line: find Cameron often shows he has has little left to offer.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could sign all our loanees could be an interesting time next season, but I doubt we will.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
      Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could sign all our loanees could be an interesting time next season, but I doubt we will.
      Jordy and Field will be permanent deals if the club want them , that’s part of the deal . Austin and Johansen may well get better offers in the summer from elsewhere.

Comment

I think the Board have a decision to make whether they want to up the budget to get that extra quality to make us competitive.

Yes, we have one of the lowest budgets in the league but without the Jan signings that budget looked like it was taking us to League One. Those Jan signings have not come cheap!

I think we can get a competitive team in that £8-12k a week players. But we have to have a couple up top on circa £20k a week to take us to a play off slot. If we started with the squad we have now we'd top 6 for sure.

Comment

I totally agree that we are on the verge of having a true playoff caliber squad. Goal now is to finish off the season with momentum, score a top 10 finish, then aim for promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            I totally agree that we are on the verge of having a true playoff caliber squad. Goal now is to finish off the season with momentum, score a top 10 finish, then aim for promotion.
            I would be disappointed if we dont finish top ten circa 65 points. That would take 6W 4D 3L which will take some doing if we lose focus in the last 3-4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I would be disappointed if we dont finish top ten circa 65 points. That would take 6W 4D 3L which will take some doing if we lose focus in the last 3-4 games.
              The squad is still thin and a bit unbalanced, injuries or goal scoring difficulties could knock us down the table fairly quickly with so many 2 match weeks ahead, I am feeling much more comfortable about this team staying out of the relegation scrap after the win today (yesterday) It was a joy to watch us pass the ball around the pitch and be solid defensively when needed! It is real hard to predict how we will see out the season, my fingers are crossed for more wins with some flair thrown in!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

The squad is still thin and a bit unbalanced, injuries or goal scoring difficulties could knock us down the table fairly quickly with so many 2 match weeks ahead, I am feeling much more comfortable about this team staying out of the relegation scrap after the win today (yesterday) It was a joy to watch us pass the ball around the pitch and be solid defensively when needed! It is real hard to predict how we will see out the season, my fingers are crossed for more wins with some flair thrown in!
                On paper our next three games are all winnable, whether do that on grass we shall see...

Comment

Even if we signed all 4 of them, still don't see us as Prem material, though we should be fighting for playoffs. If we signed all four, got at least another striker up to speed or signed and sorted the wingbacks (who by the way i think are vastly improved since early Jan) depth issue, we'd be getting there, that's before we get into the stadium which we all know needs changing to be a sustainable prem club, as much as Loftus is home.

Anyway, It does seem these two will make a big impact for the rest of this season. Starting line up looking bright.

Any update on the De Wijs?

Comment

Dunno if I misheard the commentary on MoTD but I'm sure it mentioned that 7 of Fulham's starting XI were loanees? If that's true, after their likely relegation they'll be having a clear out and will presumably want Johansen back in the fold for a campaign in the Championship?

Comment

I would have thought Sam Field could be the natural replacement for Stefan Johansen next season as realistically his current salary may not be met by the club.
                      I would also estimate that we would be 2 seasons away from mounting a serious challenge to gaining a promotion place due to a lack of quality of under 21 yr olds that will generally make up the bulk of the new B team being implemented next season.

Comment

As odd s it sounds, pull for Fulham to survive relegation. Means we have a real shot at keeping Johansson.

Comment

I personally feel we will keep all the loan player
                          johansen lives local he wants his daughter to stay settled
                          Austin just wants to play football and enjoy it, look at wells Saturday he was abysmal we may need to sacrifice wages elsewhere to keep him
                          fields on a view to permanent as Is jordy

Austin for me is essential as other two are shite

Comment

it helps having Willock in there also thought it was about time he deserved a start

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              I think the Board have a decision to make whether they want to up the budget to get that extra quality to make us competitive.

Yes, we have one of the lowest budgets in the league but without the Jan signings that budget looked like it was taking us to League One. Those Jan signings have not come cheap!

I think we can get a competitive team in that £8-12k a week players. But we have to have a couple up top on circa £20k a week to take us to a play off slot. If we started with the squad we have now we'd top 6 for sure.
                              agreed. QPR have to take a small gamble on signing all 4 of them for next season and hopefully won't have to sell good players to finance them. At worst, they could try and negotiate deals to sell either Chair or Dieng, but only with a loan back for the whole season guaranteed as part of it.

They also need to sign another striker that is better than Dykes and Bonne. The wingbacks Kane and Wallace are improving but we may need to look for replacements or cover for them that are better than Kakay and Hamalainen

Comment

Working...
                              X