Time to lay off Dykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HA2Ranger View Post
    Stefan Moore was pure crap. 2 or 3 goals in about 40 games..
    Leon clarke awful player 0 in 13. some of his misses my granny would of scored

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
      I agree with the OP - it’s time Dykes was laid off
      Agreed

Comment

Dykes has failed to convert the chances he's had. Austin has regularly taken his, even though Austin's have seemed less clear cut.
        For me that's as clear as it gets. I want Dykes to do well and I believe he is a better player than the stats suggest, but it's just not happening at the moment. Time to rest him.

​​​

Comment

We looked better all around today with him not starting, some time on the bench might do him some good and might do the team some good!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            We looked better all around today with him not starting, some time on the bench might do him some good and might do the team some good!
            Agreed.

Can't be nice for him so time out on the bench might mean some training sessions in between games rather than resting.

Comment

Was it just a coincidence that we gave our best performance of the season today with him left out

Comment

Not going to put the boot into Dykes , it will do him good to dip in and out of the side between now and the end of the season and hopefully nick a goal or 2 off the bench .He can’t complain that he hasn’t been given enough opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Who was the Charlton striker on loan, who it was said "couldn't trap a bag of cement"?
                  I think you refer to Carl Leaburn

We have signed some real stinkers up front on permanent deals like these;

Stefan Moore, Conor Washington, Mark Hateley, Steve Slade Leon Clarke And I am sorry to say that Dykes is up there with them. Had it not been for his 4 penalties his stats would be even worse
                  I would like to seem him benched for much of what remains of this season with him only coming on as a sub for the last 15-20 minutes (preferably in games where the result is in no real doubt such as a 2 goal lead). Maybe he would then be confident enough to take whatever chances come his way.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Confidence thing or needs the big crowd ?

The penultimate goal in that was not too dissimilar to the chance he had against Fulham and the one he lobbed over the keeper was similar to the recent one at Preston.

Maybe it is the lack of a crowd and almost certainly confidence which is why I want him benched and only used as a sub in games where QPR are leading by at least 2 goals (which hasn't been often this season).

Comment

I think a season long loan on League One beckons for Dykes. I'm sure he'll come back a much better player. That's assuming he hasnt had a blinding Euros and doesn't get snapped up by Barca or Real Madrid.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
                        I agree with the OP - it’s time Dykes was laid off

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I think you refer to Carl Leaburn

We have signed some real stinkers up front on permanent deals like these;

Stefan Moore, Conor Washington, Mark Hateley, Steve Slade Leon Clarke And I am sorry to say that Dykes is up there with them. Had it not been for his 4 penalties his stats would be even worse
                          I would like to seem him benched for much of what remains of this season with him only coming on as a sub for the last 15-20 minutes (preferably in games where the result is in no real doubt such as a 2 goal lead). Maybe he would then be confident enough to take whatever chances come his way.
                          Yees stan, that was him

Comment

We just looked so much better Saturday with Willock playing off Austin, when a striker has gone so cold it is almost like playing with 10 men, in saying that I do hope we have situations where we can get him in to the game because beyond Austin there are very few viable options and if Chaz goes down we are in trouble!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Even though Dykes has not converted 3 or 4 very good chances presented to him i still think he will be an adequate replacement for Hugill in due time.

The creative balance in the team has been particularly disappointing this season with Chair ,Kane and BOS being very inconsistent and slow in their supply to our strikers, it must be very difficult to continually make good runs and find space when the ball fails to come in at the right time.

Interesting to hear in Warburtons post match comments after Bristol that our players were instructed to get early crosses in.

Dykes won’t be the first player to initially struggle at a new club and won’t be the last.

Comment

Working...
                              X