X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to lay off Dykes

Look we ain't going up.
    Hopefully we're not going down too.
    So I think it is time to stop the criticism of Dykes, Bonne and all the Rangers players.
    If the pressure's off maybe some good encouragement from us will set them up for next season, to be a success.
    If Dykes is reading social media and it's affected him further,we are destroying the player and team.
    I'm giving it a rest now, I want him to do well as I'm sure we all do

Easy, don’t look at social media, in good and bad times, I want all our players to succeed, however in work you are judged on performance. Dykes and to a lesser extent Bonne look like rabbits in car headlights. I find it quite uncomfortable watching Dykes as he is trying so hard, snatching at easy chances and confidence shot, not sure things will improve, certainly not
    in front of 13,000 baying fans next season.
    Not sure how long we can stick with Dykes, hopefully once safe he can relax and maybe his luck will turn.

Comment

You've got a point but it ain't going to happen, the guy is paid to do a job and he isn't doing it. Unfortunately Dykes is not going to be a 20 goal a season striker, not in this league and not in this team. The man next to him is full of confidence and he should be soaking up as much of that as possible. He's not a bad bloke and he definitely works hard but the fact is he isn't taking chances. So he may never be the next Charlie but a goal every 28 from open play is not going to keep the fans off your back.

He isn't getting enough chances, partly his own fault on positioning but also in service, we do need some improvement in wing backs delivery and getting the midfield to press up and feed balls into dangerous positions. #### hoofball. I do think in a free scoring team he would be doing better but that's a null and void comment because we aren't, and any player would score more and do better in such a team. Fundamentally it's players like his JOB to make us a free scoring team.

Comment

Well he is great at throw in's, so thats a positive
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Let’s get some realism here time to lay off, the blokes been a proper dive bomb. With a full stadium non Covid he’d of had some proper tunes flung at his ear holes. He’s missed some right sitters and run his heart out. If I’m paid say 5k a week and under performed I’d get stick. He’s fortunate stadiums empty imo.

I won’t knock his work rate but is he doing what he’s paid to do no, simple as that I don’t want him to fail nobody does but he’s been very very poor.

Comment

The guy probably see's all these so called experts on social media according to MW slating him, is not giving the guy any confidence most are talking rubbish, just a excuse to use him as a scapegoat.
            Also after a couple of bad results they want the manager out, just what planet are some of these so called fans on, just give it a f ucking rest no matter who the player is.
            We all know that we need better players in certain positions but we haven't got the money to bring these players in we have to grim and bear it until we can, we are getting their slowly but if some on here had there way we would be in a right state.

Comment

The players work rate is fantastic but he fails to find the net, which is what he is employed to do. If in my daily job i made everyone a coffee everyday yet forgot to do my invoices i would be out the door in seconds ... no different here. IN MY OPINION.

Comment

I started a thread the other day.
                ​​football is mental.
                All sports are probably 90% mental, so all I'm suggesting is maybe just keep quieter.
                It's actually prob twitter he sees all the worst #### anyway

Comment

Originally posted by MrQPR2020 View Post
                  The players work rate is fantastic but he fails to find the net, which is what he is employed to do. If in my daily job i made everyone a coffee everyday yet forgot to do my invoices i would be out the door in seconds ... no different here. IN MY OPINION.
                  It's very different. Your job is probably mostly predictable and I doubt you have a team of people trying to prevent you from doing it. Playing competitive sport is nothing like a day job.
                  "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

We need to be getting more pens , he will score then, Unless he’s lost that job ?
                    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

He takes a great throw in .

Comment

Warbs blaming social media for Dykes bad performances is laughable to be honest. Take him out of the firing line if he can’t hack it simple as. Recruitment dropped a massive clanger with Dykes and Bonne but it’s our fault

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          Warbs blaming social media for Dykes bad performances is laughable to be honest. Take him out of the firing line if he can’t hack it simple as. Recruitment dropped a massive clanger with Dykes and Bonne but it’s our fault
                          You lot are laughable just Don't give up talking crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

It's very different. Your job is probably mostly predictable and I doubt you have a team of people trying to prevent you from doing it. Playing competitive sport is nothing like a day job.
                            Not strictly true, if say for example u are a salesman, there are plenty of other people trying to get the same business, they will do anything to pinch your sale, if Dykes was a salesman he would be sacked, possibly was before we signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Not strictly true, if say for example u are a salesman, there are plenty of other people trying to get the same business, they will do anything to pinch your sale, if Dykes was a salesman he would be sacked, possibly was before we signed him.
                              Are you for real football is entirely different from being a salesman at least made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X