Nico H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nico H

Felt at the start of the season he could be the long term answer at left back after promising loan spells

Awarded a great new contract but now he seems out. Of his depth and lightweight often targeted as a weak link by opposition managers

We really missed Wallace yesterday

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Felt at the start of the season he could be the long term answer at left back after promising loan spells

Awarded a great new contract but now he seems out. Of his depth and lightweight often targeted as a weak link by opposition managers

We really missed Wallace yesterday

Thoughts?
    Don’t think he was the reason we lost yesterday but I agree , I would prefer Wallace .I don’t see him being first choice next season so I would assume we will be bringing a left back in . I don’t think he looks out of his depth but he lacks a bit of physicality that’s needed at this level but that’s something he could improve on .

Comment

It's a huge failing of the club in my view. Our "kids" just aint shaping up as credible first team prospects. People are too patient and forgiving in my view - they are NOT kids, they are young men in their 20s who ought to be able to hack it in a poor Championship team by now. Yeah, they might have some rough edges and bits to learn but they ought to be 90% the finished article by now. This season, Kakay and Nico have looked totally unprepared and nowhere near ready for 1st XI. There are plenty of players of their age, or younger, who play at this level or higher. Saka is 19 and carrying Arsenal FFS!
      It's all well and good saying we need to develop and cultivate our own players but we seem to be struggling to turn words into actions. Even if you think we're on the right track with "the kids" surely you'd concede we urgently need to buy some full-backs pending Nico and Kakay getting their asses in gear.

Comment

I think Nico was given that contract as a squad player. Even though he was given a four year deal it wasnt a high weekly wage compared to the regular first team players. He's a good back up full back and one we could loan out and cover half his wages. I think he will eventually move on to the MLS and we might even get a small fee for him.

I would be amazed if we dont bring in a new first choice LWB in the summer. I suspect Nico is doing exactly what we expected he'd do for the wages we've given him.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          It's a huge failing of the club in my view. Our "kids" just aint shaping up as credible first team prospects. People are too patient and forgiving in my view - they are NOT kids, they are young men in their 20s who ought to be able to hack it in a poor Championship team by now. Yeah, they might have some rough edges and bits to learn but they ought to be 90% the finished article by now. This season, Kakay and Nico have looked totally unprepared and nowhere near ready for 1st XI. There are plenty of players of their age, or younger, who play at this level or higher. Saka is 19 and carrying Arsenal FFS!
          It's all well and good saying we need to develop and cultivate our own players but we seem to be struggling to turn words into actions. Even if you think we're on the right track with "the kids" surely you'd concede we urgently need to buy some full-backs pending Nico and Kakay getting their asses in gear.
          I think we need to get behind the club and our policy with young players . As Sheep points out Kakay and Nico are on a very low basic wage for this standard of football , at worst they will be good cover for first team regulars should they not nail down a first team place themselves. Fans were not shy to slate the club over the contract situations with Bos and Manning yet here we are trying to protect future assets and the club gets stick again . Using Saka a 19 old kid from Arsenal as an example of our failings is ridiculous, he’s an England international and a future superstar at one of the biggest clubs in world football. We are little QPR working on a shoestring trying to bring our own through the ranks .As sheep points out , it’s not even a gamble to give these 2 new deals .

Comment

also lets not forget NiKo is a full international - who recently was part of a defence who kept a clean sheet against the world champions. I think we are too quick to judge sometimes and need scapegoats and at the moment they are Niko and todd kane ...earlier in the season it was barbet and dickie...last season it was the keepers...defence are always going to let in goals it doesn't always have to be somebodys fault!

Comment

Very good points here, Niko and Kakay are both in their early 20's and by this time they should be showing who they are as a player. If they can't now when else will they? It's great having squad rotation players on a minimum wage but if you can't rotate in a bit of quality then may aswell chuck the few grand a week in the bin and then some for lost results.

Wing backs number one on our priority list, that's assuming we keep hold of Charlie, this young Armstrong fella who i'd like to see in a match day squad real soon and Field/Johansen.

Have to add Wallace and Kane have improved but it's obvious we have no depth at all in those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I agree with you about how forgiving we are. You're right about players like Saka amongst many other young players who made their names as teenagers like Foden, Mount, Aarons, Greenwood, Godfrey who was playing for Norwich as a teenager in 2016. I agree that they are at the top level although Godfrey and Aarons we/are with Norwich. But there are other young players who were at clubs like Derby Sheff Utd Barnsley etc too.

Yes, Kakay and Hamalainen are on low wages, but they did not warrent 4 year deals (2 with an option to extend would have sufficed to see how they develop. They are no longer young players and we should stop using age as an excuse for them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree with you about how forgiving we are. You're right about players like Saka amongst many other young players who made their names as teenagers like Foden, Mount, Aarons, Greenwood, Godfrey who was playing for Norwich as a teenager in 2016. Kakay and Hamalainen are no longer young players.
                  Your comparing elite teenagers at top clubs with average players at a club that has been fighting to avoid relegation to league 1 . There really is no comparison, I agree Kakay and Nico are not kids but in terms of experience they are still raw.

Comment

If the club was happy with the quality they brought for the money we're paying them then why not a four year deal. We've had such a turnover of players of late it good to have some stability even for players that arent future premiership quality. It would be great to only have 2/3 incoming players every summer not 7/8......

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Your comparing elite teenagers at top clubs with average players at a club that has been fighting to avoid relegation to league 1 . There really is no comparison, I agree Kakay and Nico are not kids but in terms of experience they are still raw.
                      Norwich are not an elite club, and there are others at big clubs now, but started out at smaller clubs.

The point is some are using K & H's age as an excuse for their performances, when they shouldn't be. It should be accepted that both of them are very average players and not use age as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Norwich are not an elite club, and there are others at big clubs now, but started out at smaller clubs.

The point is some are using K & H's age as an excuse for their performances, when they shouldn't be. It should be accepted that both of them are very average players and not use age as an excuse.
                        Godfrey is now at Everton £25 million and Aarons was due to sign for Barcelona last summer . These are elite footballers , Kakay and Nico are not . Why do our own fans feel the need to run down our own players that have come through our youth system and that we have invested time in , let’s let them develop regardless of age . Look how hard it is for our club to keep hold of young talent , the moment the likes of Parret , Bowler , Sterling and lately Armstrong show any kind of promise they are taken by bigger clubs .The club is moving in the right direction on and off the pitch , let’s try to support them rather than finding faults all the time .

Comment

Godfrey had season loan at Shrewsbury L1 2017-18. 40 Apps, then went on to establish himself at Norwich. If players are not playing 1st team football for us by 19, get them out on loan for season at L1 and L2. Niko H and Osman Kakay spent far too long "playing" for our U23s. Doesn't develop them. Eze and Chair became 1st Team players for QPR by being 1st Players on loan at lower level.

1st March QPR Loan Rangers

Oteh 75th Minute came on
                          Smyth Unused Sub
                          Shodipo 67th Minute came on

They should be starting matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                            Godfrey had season loan at Shrewsbury L1 2017-18. 40 Apps, then went on to establish himself at Norwich. If players are not playing 1st team football for us by 19, get them out on loan for season at L1 and L2. Niko H and Osman Kakay spent far too long "playing" for our U23s. Doesn't develop them. Eze and Chair became 1st Team players for QPR by being 1st Players on loan at lower level.

1st March QPR Loan Rangers

Oteh 75th Minute came on
                            Smyth Unused Sub
                            Shodipo 67th Minute came on

They should be starting matches.
                            If only we had the cash to have a subs bench full of players of equal ability to the main players. But that would require approx another £30k a week adding to the budget.

Some of our first team wouldn't have got a sniff at playing over the last ten years. I know what you're saying but they are doing a job as part of the squad and within our budget.

What the summer will bring who knows...

Comment

Nico doesn’t give me any confidence watching him play, love to see him succeed but I have my doubts about him

Comment

Working...
                              X