Shows how much football at this level is mental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows how much football at this level is mental

Look at the attitude, resilience, belief this group now has,since Charlie signed for us.
    Ok possibly him and Johansen, but this same team now come back from a setback and win.
    Watford, Brentford and now Bournemouth.
    Suddenly they believe they can win or draw, amazing init.
    Was Charlie signing imminent I wonder when we played the six fingered banjo boys?

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Look at the attitude, resilience, belief this group now has,since Charlie signed for us.
    Ok possibly him and Johansen, but this same team now come back from a setback and win.
    Was Charlie signing imminent I wonder when we played the six fingered banjo boys?
    What I like is how we were able to score the winner and see the game out rather comfortably with both those players withdrawn, as you say the whole squad is better now!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

I just wonder whether Charlie will play in the Preston game because NW said he took him off because he looked tired. We have to be careful with him as he can be easily broken.

I'd be tempted to push Johansen up a bit to Nos 10 to partner Dykes/Bonne, bring in Field to start and bench Charlie for a breather. Perhaps bring him on for the last 30mins.

Charlie has definitely lifted the spirits and was the key signing.

Comment

It is mental, even when you look at our 6 wins out of 7, we beat 6 teams who were higher in the table than us and lost to one below us....That's the QPR way though....gotta love the Rs.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I just wonder whether Charlie will play in the Preston game because NW said he took him off because he looked tired. We have to be careful with him as he can be easily broken.

I'd be tempted to push Johansen up a bit to Nos 10 to partner Dykes/Bonne, bring in Field to start and bench Charlie for a breather. Perhaps bring him on for the last 30mins.

Charlie has definitely lifted the spirits and was the key signing.
          Yeah agree we lose him we could really struggle.
          I was thinking I hope the centre back is fit soon for Cameron's sake.
          ​And cover in general

Comment

I think we have to start Charlie every game we can. It must be psychologically demoralising seeing his name on team-sheet for opposition. Even if he regularly comes off at 60 mins mark I'd be content. Don't forget, he only had two clear days from Bees to Cherries - he's got three days to PNE to recover so I reckon he'll be good to go. Just take it game-by-game.

Comment

I'd like to see young willock get a starting spot. I think mb has made poor decisions by not putting more faith into a lad who I just think will get better and better. Great results but still need to look at room for improvement
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

who do you drop for Willock? Dykes?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I'd like to see young willock get a starting spot. I think mb has made poor decisions by not putting more faith into a lad who I just think will get better and better. Great results but still need to look at room for improvement
                  Willock is knocking hard on that door, but I only see Dykes as a replacement, or perhaps Chair. In which case, im not sure that works as it changes the shape?

Comment

With Willock it is working. Bringing him on later is a powerful headache for the opposition to handle. Starting the likes of Ball "in there face" is the correct way. me thinks anyway.

Comment

I would say that this is the fine margins of the Championship. As much as we didn't deserve to play 10 games in Nov-Dec without winning we didn't deserve to win all four out of the last four. This has been quite clear if looking at the games and xG.. Take Bournemouth, after 75-80 minutes xG was 0,6-1,6, then Kane scored and we got 3-4 chances thrown at us the last 10 minutes to even xG out. The same when looking at the Brentford game, could and should probably ended with a draw. But, having Charlie topping the team up, he is that good that chances given to him (like 2-1 against Brentford) will be scored. Also, we have a GK that is one of the best in the league, he will win us many points this season!

But, don't forget the fine margins when we sooner or later lose a game when being the better team over 90 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

It is mental, even when you look at our 6 wins out of 7, we beat 6 teams who were higher in the table than us and lost to one below us....That's the QPR way though....gotta love the Rs.
                        Yes, I was think that earlier when I saw our next games are against Preston and Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post

I would say that this is the fine margins of the Championship. As much as we didn't deserve to play 10 games in Nov-Dec without winning we didn't deserve to win all four out of the last four. This has been quit clear if looking at the games and xG.. Take Bournemouth, after 75-80 minutes xG was 0,6-1,6, then Kane scored and we got 3-4 chances thrown at us the last 10 minutes to even xG out. The same when looking at the Brentford game, could and should probably ended with a draw. But, having Charlie topping the team up, he is that good that chances given to him (like 2-1 against Brentford) will be scored. Also, we have a GK that is one of the best in the league, he will win us many points this season!

But, don't forget the fine margins when we sooner or later lose a game when being the better team over 90 minutes.
                          True, and we were the better team when we lost at home to Derby (and if the ref had given us that penalty who knows we might have even won that game too).

Comment

Working...
                          X