Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
    Play the man with Charlie let the learning begin
    Well we can't really do that whilst we are bumping around near relegation trap door. If we were 10/12 pts better off we could name him as sub and give him some run outs to aid his development. This is why I get really irritated with us spending a third consecutive season in lower reaches of table - it means we're introducing up and coming players into a struggling side and they don't learn how to play exuberant winning football.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Well we can't really do that whilst we are bumping around near relegation trap door. If we were 10/12 pts better off we could name him as sub and give him some run outs to aid his development. This is why I get really irritated with us spending a third consecutive season in lower reaches of table - it means we're introducing up and coming players into a struggling side and they don't learn how to play exuberant winning football.
      We have to recognise our wage structure has reduced year on year for the last 3 years . I could understand it if we were chucking millions at it and getting nowhere .We are a bit of a long term project compared to some teams in the championship.

Comment

Comment

Unless the FA, EFL, PFA , FIFA, whoever stop the prem clubs from stealing the best academy prospects from the rest of league clubs, I think the youth system is waste of time.
          It needs to change.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Unless the FA, EFL, PFA , FIFA, whoever stop the prem clubs from stealing the best academy prospects from the rest of league clubs, I think the youth system is waste of time.
            It needs to change.
            Last year I was on holiday in Turkey and a Carlisle scout said they’d lost 2 players to Leeds for something ridiculous like 35k after tribunal one was a keeper who the said loan him back Leeds refused. While there is no protection for small clubs more will go to the wall. He had a soft spot for the Rs as he idolised Bowles imagine losing him for 100k even 1m these kind of derisory rewards for youth development ultimately will close some clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Last year I was on holiday in Turkey and a Carlisle scout said they’d lost 2 players to Leeds for something ridiculous like 35k after tribunal one was a keeper who the said loan him back Leeds refused. While there is no protection for small clubs more will go to the wall. He had a soft spot for the Rs as he idolised Bowles imagine losing him for 100k even 1m these kind of derisory rewards for youth development ultimately will close some clubs.
              It's so wrong Shaggs.
              Apparently the EPL clubs representatives had this forced into an agreement years ago, in exchange for them funding EFL.
              Ffs could they not pay market value for players with all the money they receive?
              Greed pure and simple.

Comment

Tend to agree with you David. Gone are the days where you can make good from talented youngster. The compensation boll ocks needs to be scrapped.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Still nice to see a real Irish lad developing
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                  X