Sinclair Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair Armstrong

Sinclair Armstrong poised to sign new contract at QPR amid Man City, Celtic and Crystal Palace links

Glad someone talked sense into him.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/827996/

Wow fantastic.
    Well done Rangers and credit to the young man for making a level headed decision, and a correct decision imo.
    He'll have more of chance here than these "football factories"

Comment

Did anyone read the article?

"Armstrong only penned a short-team deal at QPR though, which makes him eligible to sign a pre-contract at another club"

Hardly a commitment to the Rangers on his part.

Comment

I read that as relating to his existing contract and that he's about to sign a longer one.

Comment

Play the man with Charlie let the learning begin

Comment

Congratulations to him for signing, let's hope he signs a longer one.

Comment

Lads like him we need to keep. Its not as if the money clubs need him like now ?

Comment

Probably the best way to get him to commit to a longer deal is to include him to the matchday squads and maybe some brief cameo sub appearances. Birmingham and Derby play their talented teenagers and then sell them for reasonable fees.

Comment

Not actually signed yet......

Comment

Signed an 18 month extension.
                    No commitment and will be off for nothing eventually for rubbish compensation. Why bother with him?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Signed an 18 month extension.
                      No commitment and will be off for nothing eventually for rubbish compensation. Why bother with him?
                      Option of another year as well , so that’s fine , who knows he might not ever be good enough to break through .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Option of another year as well , so that’s fine , who knows he might not ever be good enough to break through .
                        Okay - 2.5yrs.

But something tells me the contract duration is down to his agent not the club. I just dont get the vibe that we're going to benefit from schooling him.

Comment

Okay - 2.5yrs.

But something tells me the contract duration is down to his agent not the club. I just dont get the vibe that we're going to benefit from schooling him.
                          Either way sheep , he cost us nothing and we would again be entitled to compensation should he leave . He looks huge for a 17 year old and maybe it’s his size that makes him stand out at this stage of his career.Mens football is totally different and he might never cut it . That’s a decent length contract for an unproven 17 year old .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Either way sheep , he cost us nothing and we would again be entitled to compensation should he leave . He looks huge for a 17 year old and maybe it’s his size that makes him stand out at this stage of his career.Mens football is totally different and he might never cut it . That’s a decent length contract for an unproven 17 year old .
                            Do you know how much compo tends to be for a 20yr old if he moves to the prem? £1m and 20% of future sales. I hear you but would have liked to gave tied him to 21yrs so if good enough he'd go with a season under his belt. A 3.5yr deal would have been better.........?

Comment

Do you know how much compo tends to be for a 20yr old if he moves to the prem? £1m and 20% of future sales. I hear you but would have liked to gave tied him to 21yrs so if good enough he'd go with a season under his belt. A 3.5yr deal would have been better.........?
                              Thing is he might never make the grade and we would be stuck with a player on a 5 year deal .If he is the real deal the club will see this over the next year and half which would give us enough time to renew his contract again or sell him .I have no idea about compo levels , we did a good deal for Sterling at that age so we hold all the cards right now regarding his future.

Comment

Working...
                              X