Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
    If my contract was due to expire in 3/4 months and my employer was making no moves to extend it , I would actively be looking for employment elsewhere already .Who knows I might even earn more elsewhere and have more chance of success.Maybe discussions are underway or maybe the club have decided to move in a different direction.
    Who knows,but I get the impression Warburton is happy here and wants to stay on.
    the Board probably knows this and feel it's worth the risk NOT to offer him a new contract at this time . If he gets an offer from another club in the summer (or before)and decides to go so be it,not the end of the world .He is doing a decent enough job here but it's still only 6 wins from 24 games this season and we are 17th,probably a bit premature to be rewarding him with a new contract

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Who knows,but I get the impression Warburton is happy here and wants to stay on.
      the Board probably knows this and feel it's worth the risk NOT to offer him a new contract at this time . If he gets an offer from another club in the summer (or before)and decides to go so be it,not the end of the world .He is doing a decent enough job here but it's still only 6 wins from 24 games this season and we are 17th,probably a bit premature to be rewarding him with a new contract
      I don’t see it as a reward , more like do we want to rip it up and start all over again with someone else in a different direction at a point where we are starting to look like we are getting it right . I take on board the 6 wins , apart from Dickie I don’t think any of our summer signings hit the ground running.

Comment

If he keeps us up with this squad I believe he needs to be retained and given some money to strengthen!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

In my opinion the change in formation has had a big effect on recent performances and results. We have been too open with a back 4, having that extra centre back makes us more solid.
          Dickie likes to go forward with the ball, and if the move breaks down there is not a gaping hole in the middle of the defence. Not to mention we can get 2 strikers on the pitch which gives the opposition more problems to deal with.

Comment

As stated previously "football can be a fickle business". A couple of weeks ago a lot of people were calling for him to go, now after 2 good back to back wins, things appear much brighter. If we were to lose the next 3 games would sentiment change again?

I would certainly look at tying him down to a longer contract, because I believe we are moving in the right direction, but I would be tempted to leave it a little while longer before starting discussions.

Comment

He's a dead man walking. He's gone in the summer, just keeping hotseat warm over coming few month for the next incumbent.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                He's a dead man walking. He's gone in the summer, just keeping hotseat warm over coming few month for the next incumbent.
                He would have to be ex-Spurs do it's obviously going to be Osvaldo César Ardiles!

Comment

I'd offer him two years. We have had our frustrations this season but bearing in mind our budget and the car crash he joined think he has done well overall. The squad overhaul summer 2019 and changes last summer would have relegated a lot of sides. We can't compete financially with most of this division.

There are green shoots. We finally seem able to bring players through and we are set up in such a way we are competitive in most games. Club still seem to be planning for better things longer term. Longer term means a number of years. Until we reach whatever the eventual promised land will be we will be a small Championship side. That's just the way it is whoever we have as manager. There is a focus on the smaller clubs who overachieve (Brentford being obvious one) but they are the exceptions and can create unrealistic expectations.

Comment

I would wait and see where we are in May. I like the way he wants us to play, but I assume the owners and Sir Les have whispered a few words in his ears when it comes to tactics and set-ups. On a clear positive note, make no mistake about it, I think he has improved in reading matches as they unfold. His substitutions are also more often than not spot on.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

I'd sack him tonight so new manager can come in now and have a chance to straighten us out in readiness for an assault on top 6 next season. Every day Warburton stays here is ballsing up next season more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        I would wait and see where we are in May. I like the way he wants us to play, but I assume the owners have whispered a few words in his ears when it comes to tactics etc,etc. Make no mistake about it, I think he has improved in reading the match.
                        The longer we take to not offer him a deal , the more the club is saying he is not wanted next season .Maybe that is their plan .

Comment

w years
                          Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          I'd sack him tonight so new manager can come in now and have a chance ext to straighten us out in readiness for an assault on top 6 next season. Every day Warburton stays here is ballsing up next season more and more.
                          Talking rubbish, we are getting better & will improve, got to leave it till end of season & I can’t see us going down either, if the board is happy with him then so am I, we are no where near ready for prem yet & quite happy to bide our time in championship for next few years

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            The longer we take to not offer him a deal , the more the club is saying he is not wanted next season .Maybe that is their plan .
                            I tend to disagree with you, I should believe the plan is to see how we(he) perform with new players coming in. Personally, I think he has improved as a coach and should be very close to getting a new contract.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

I disagree, I should believe the plan is to see how we(he) perform with new players coming in. Personally, I think he has improved as a coach and should be very close to getting a new contract.
                              You was the first to say get rid of Him a few weeks back, changed your tune a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                                w years

Talking rubbish, we are getting better & will improve, got to leave it till end of season & I can’t see us going down either, if the board is happy with him then so am I, we are no where near ready for prem yet & quite happy to bide our time in championship for next few years
                                I've wanted shot him for more than a year. I'm not blowing in the wind or revising my opinion every 5 minutes either. He's a bang average manager with a pisspoor record who's taking us nowhere. Obviously, if you are content with biding time for a few years going nowhere he IS the man for the job, I grant you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X